PinUP System v1.4 Upgrade Now OUT!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    NailBuster
      @nailbuster
      ModeratorMember

Here it IS!!!! Yes… after months of effort and testing and with the help of over 75 beta testers… Terry and I are now releasing PinUP System v1.4 upgrade for everyone to use!!!

See wiki page here: For both PinUP Player and PinUP Popper…  you need v1.3.6 or newer already up and fully running before upgrade.  (A full v1.4 install package will be out in future)

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=upgrade_v14

note: for beta-testers there’s no need to update your systems if you are running release candidate #3.

oh.. and its the first day of Spring….its time to get things growing

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

10 users thanked author for this post.
      Herweh
      Participant
        @herweh
        vipMemberContributor

Awesome. Thx so much, guys. I already love v1.3.7 of Pinup System, and it‘s even getting better.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I like the way you released this. Wiki, media links, Youtube videos and the all essential, for me at least “real dmd”, already explained and ready :good:

Don’t have time to do it tonight, but, when I do. I’m very confident that I will be able to follow along.  :yes:

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

I like the way you released this. Wiki, media links, Youtube videos and the all essential, for me at least “real dmd”, already explained and ready :good:

Don’t have time to do it tonight, but, when I do. I’m very confident that I will be able to follow along. :yes:

…and you “may” get your wish of no installer for a fresh install….only zips…but that will come later.

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

Mark70
              Participant
                @mark70

Thanks a lot for the hard work, I’m looking forward to install it this weekend.
                Great system with fantastic features!

Slydog43
                Participant
                  @slydog43

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this awesome project.  Really love how VNC in now separated from PC install (should eliminate a lot of troubles for people).  Can’t wait to install on my cab(s).

PS.  Can’t thank you enough for turning me on to a 4k playfield, it unbelievable how I lived without it for so long.  Best upgrade to cab ever

I had a little trouble installing 1.4 (just overwrote everything), worked 1st table, then no more.  Reset, bingo all good now.  Incredible how important a reset is with windows :(

great stuff NailBuster and crew, looking great so far.  Back to cab to explore more

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Since 1.4 update im getting error if a manually close off pup invalid pointer errors pop up and need to restart to fully clear. on 1.36 this was never an issue. Any ideas?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

NailBuster
                      @nailbuster
                      ModeratorMember

Since 1.4 update im getting error if a manually close off pup invalid pointer errors pop up and need to restart to fully clear. on 1.36 this was never an issue. Any ideas?

you have a screen grab of exact error message?  are you just pressing the ‘x’ key or using the system menu to close the menu?  does it change if you exit the other way?

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

System menu to close off. Used to work perfectly now produces pointer error. I’ll do screenshots

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

System menu to close off. Used to work perfectly now produces pointer error. I’ll do screenshots

ok,  to see if its DOF or DMD Popper driver,  can you quickly test setting useDOF=false, or useDMD=false and see if you get same pointer error…

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Here is errors (6) as they pop up keep in mind this is only been since 1.4 update

C1FF7C3E-DEF9-4FC4-AF60-FBC4E3A8DF77CCA478A5-B08F-4595-8FC4-65BFC214A75D57AB42E0-22C5-4BE9-B311-6D92289E65694FAAF072-7F7E-44A8-BB44-2C0A2128A2EF1FD90D3A-F280-4DEE-BD82-8A41224EB5EECB1C6081-6A4D-478E-B601-2DCE3DCAD43D

for IOS and Android

sniiki
                            Participant
                              @sniiki

My game select graphics got messed. Game icons scroll by fine but the wheel background image shrunk to half size. I did run display setup again.

Also the initial menu background music (Addams) plays all the time now. It used to go away when I chose the VPX table group and started scrolling tables, even though I never got table musics to to play at all in Popper.

14menu

NailBuster
                                @nailbuster
                                ModeratorMember

1>  common… you need to go to media manager, select playlists, and set your HOME playlist wheelbar.

2> that is the normal behaviour in v1.4 as it uses the playlist default audio if your game doesn’t have one.  if you don’t want that, go to playlist setting and there’s a checkbox to disable that new feature.

sniiki
                                Participant
                                  @sniiki

Thanks! I read about that default bg music feature from some old thread but couldn’t find the option. I’ll take another look.

makmak
                                  Participant
                                    @makmak

My PinUP-System is not running well (some strange and weird things – most likely a result of different owners of the Cab…) and I would like to reinstall it.

How to do best? Delete files and folders manually and which ones?  Are there any files elsewhere than in the PinUP-folder? What files to back up first (I guess its a good idea to keep all the media files, unfortunately there are copies of the same files in various folders esp. puppacks – have to find out which ones are necessary and which ones are redundant)

Install v1.3.6 and then 1.4 and then 1.4.1? Thanks for your patience with noobs like me! :good:

outhere
                                      @outhere
                                      MemberContributorvipModerator

What I would do is make sure you backup of everything and if it was installed with the older version there may be able a uninstall in windows

Or just delete everything if there is no uninstall and start fresh with this…

You could probably do this instead, Just rename the PinUPsystem folder that you currently have and start fresh with this…

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?