pinupplayer does not work – no puplog file

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bobcatshadow
    Participant
      @bobcatshadow

Hi,

Great work on the Pinup player, I’m trying to run everything off my single desktop display(VPX) with the latest Tron ‘End of Line’ pack and have followed all the v1.4 instructions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okUzulvM-10 (thanks!). I’ve

made sure all the new files are unblocked
      running everything as admin and run register bat files
      checked that the plugin is active like shown in the video
      hit F1 to make sure ‘use external dll’ is set

So I see the Pinup DMD going like it should, but the video player pops up before the VPX playfield and then drops behind the VPX playfield(I can bring it to the foreground with alt-tab, but that pauses the VPX playfield window) and if I play the VPX playfield and occasionally alt-tab check the ‘pupscreen11’ window I can’t see where any videos are getting triggered.  Using the PinUpPlayerTestPack I can review the video segments that should be triggered. I am also not getting a puplog file which indicates a problem as noted in the troubleshooting, but could not find a way to fix running through the points made in the troubleshooting about no puplog file available. Web searched and read through all the help links I could find on ‘vpx puplog’ or other search terms to try to find an answer, but still stuck. Any suggestions or ideas to further troubleshoot or fix appreciated. Running Windows 10 on a decent gaming system with a GTX970 for Vive VR setup. Started with the latest freezy 1.7.2 and replaced with 1.7.1 but still same issues.

One thing I’ll mention that tripped me up was that I got wrong the exact folder structure of the plugins folder which I mistakenly dropped the files directly under ‘plugins’ when I needed to create a subfolder like ‘PinUpPlayer’ to place them in (or shortcut link as mentioned in the video) – otherwise the ‘plugin settings’ button will be greyed out(unavailable, not utilized).

Thanks

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/woz-original-2018/page/5/#post-141010

1 user thanked author for this post.
        bobcatshadow
        Participant
          @bobcatshadow

Thanks, saw Terry Haggerty showing similar everything on desktop with WOZ facebook group post August 6, so whichever Terry posts their next run-through install with pinupPlayer version 1.4 first, will have another try, maybe on another laptop to see if I can get working or sort out any differences between installs.

Dru21
          Participant
            @dru21

Looking at the bottom of your original post, I think the plugin issue that you say tripped you up is the same problem that I am experiencing. Can you give me some details on where that plugins file tree should go?

Currently I have both direct output and PinUP B2S shortcut in the same plugin folder.  Direct output is enabled, but the PinUp B2S doesn’t show as an option. Based on what you wrote, it sounds like I need to have the PinUP B2S in a different folder. If I create a folder like PinUpPlayer as you suggest, and put the shortcut in that folder, where in the file tree should I put it? Does that folder go within the plugins folder?

Thanks!

bobcatshadow
            Participant
              @bobcatshadow

My folder structure is

Tables->plugins->PinUPPlayerVPinMame

where folder PinUPPlayerVPinMame has the file contents of the copied install files: B2SServerPluginInterface.dll and PinUpPlayerB2SDriver.dll

The video says to use shortcuts but I prefer using copied files than shortcuts.  My guess is that each plugin type requires its own folder to hold its associated dll’s. When I initially dropped the dll’s directly under the ‘plugins’ folder, my plugin option remained greyed out until I moved them into their own subfolder beneath the plugins folder.

Hope that helps,

bobcat

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

When I double click the plugin it takes me to the PinUPPlayerB2SDriver Folder in PinUPsystem
                Try re-watching the videos
                http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

Pinup shortcutPulgins folderPinUPPlayerB2SDriver

bobcatshadow
                Participant
                  @bobcatshadow

@outhere, that is correct and what I see now that the plugin option is available(I don’t have the Direct Output plugin which I guess is unrelated) – the issue I had earlier was that the plugin option was greyed out because of the my incorrect folder structure.

Dru21
                  Participant
                    @dru21

I appreciate the help, I went through my file tree and everything is setup as required. Still only show the one plugin option of direct output…

If anyone has a suggestion I’ll take it!

bobcatshadow
                    Participant
                      @bobcatshadow

Take a look at the dll file permissions if haven’t already – making sure their permissions are readable and not ‘blocked’ access as mentioned in other places.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Dru21
                      Participant
                        @dru21

Thanks, that was part of the issue. Additionally, the Avi pathway in one of the .ini files was not set to “true”. Just missed that step in the tutorial video. Doh!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?