Pirates of the Caribbean Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

I just got a file from Bord with your updates witch include the shadows.

the only update I made this time to the file I got from him

I’m under the impression that the ball is getting stuck under the plunder ramp when it exits the spinning disk, and not when

the ball travels up/down the plunder ramp. I modified wall19  the U shaped wall at the exit of the plunder disk to keep the ball from going under the plunder ramp.

I’m going to play the table as is and stop working on this and let Schreibi34 or Sliderpoint

do what ever primitive mods they like to do.  if you nitpick on the table you will find allot of missing objects.

such as the missing plastics over stand up targets sw37 and sw39

latest file is in the dropbox

HF

I sent you a PM to see if you are willing to up your lighting talents to use on a table I been working on.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

Something must be wrong here. I have 2hours of gameplay without any issue!

@hauntfraks

Don’t do this man. This was definatly a mistake. You know that we need your stuff. If i only have a day off i would hop into a plane and cook your favorite dish!

I would prefer to be the last to put my stuff on the table since these are mostly primitives and this way i take myself out of this confusion which is good. :good:   So whenever you guys are ready give me a sign. I should be ready by sunday.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I would think shadows should be last ?? Why not fix the physics/pliability(issues), first then do the beautification and shadows. Sound counter productive even trying to do it the other way around. You will step on each others toes no matter how good you guys are trying to improve without a coordinated plan. Well, ok – not 100% sure that shadows should be last. Hauntfreaks is after all a professional that knows what he is doing.

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

No Reason for Troubles, Men … but believe me, i have/had a Version, where the Ship doesn’t go 90 Deg. “down”,
            checked Code and Parts around the Ship, i machted it with latest Version from Fren, Walls were new for me … couldn’ find something “wrong”,
            i also know much of Editor Stuff AND Code … and Pins itself, not perfect at all, but enough.
            Doesn’t matter, i load the next Version whatever you awesome “Creators” do … i just try to help with Little Things, and give good Feedback for possible Errors / possible Solutions – i hope … ;-)

Hauntfreaks, 32assassin :good:

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

I would think shadows should be last ?? Why not fix the physics/pliability(issues), first then do the beautification and shadows. Sound counter productive even trying to do it the other way around. You will step on each others toes no matter how good you guys are trying to improve without a coordinated plan. Well, ok – not 100% sure that shadows should be last. Hauntfreaks is after all a professional that knows what he is doing.

My table runs great! No need to fix bugs anymore. My part of the physic section plays the way i want it  :yahoo:

I’m also done with the primitives. Parlay hole with a colideable prim is killer. The ball sometimes takes the same circeling entry into the hole as seen on gameplay videos. It looks almost like it’s vibrating. Never thought that this was possible in VPX!

The best way now would be if i wait for the rest of the guys final version. Then i put the primitives on, do the rest of the bug fixing and send this one to bord for the final shadow check.

OK?

bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

The best way now would be if i wait for the rest of the guys final version. Then i put the primitives on, do the rest of the bug fixing and send this one to bord for the final shadow check. OK?

Sounds great!

I would wrap up your end of things entirely and check in with @sliderpoint. I think he is working on fixing a few things as well. I’ll wait on shadows until @32assassin is 100% happy with where things are at.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

I’ll finish up my changes later today.  However, I will say that mine have turned out to be pretty significant changes.The only thing I haven’t changed is the chest and the ship/kracken stuff.  So it could be pretty disruptive for what @schreibi34 and @32assasin have been working on.   funny I also made a prim parlay hole, I’m sure it’s very similar to your and they do work great!

-Mike

3 users thanked author for this post.
                  Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Very curious how this turns out in the end now. Looks like there is some kind of plan forming at least. Each and everyone of you can make improvements on their own. Seen it before, teamwork always seems to get the job done proper. This time, I don’t know. I hope everyone needed is still aboard … :whistle:   :rose:

Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

I’ll finish up my changes later today. However, I will say that mine have turned out to be pretty significant changes.The only thing I haven’t changed is the chest and the ship/kracken stuff. So it could be pretty disruptive for what @schreibi34 and @32assasin have been working on. funny I also made a prim parlay hole, I’m sure it’s very similar to your and they do work great! -Mike

I knew it when i heard the word “layout”  ;-)

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

I’ll finish up my changes later today. However, I will say that mine have turned out to be pretty significant changes.The only thing I haven’t changed is the chest and the ship/kracken stuff. So it could be pretty disruptive for what schreibi34 and 32assasin have been working on. funny I also made a prim parlay hole, I’m sure it’s very similar to your and they do work great! -Mike

Looking forward to seeing it. I’m sure whatever you’ve done is as excellent as your other projects.

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

OK, here is the direction I’m going with this.

What I did:
                          basically took some playfield pics I found and the exports from the manual and completely redid the entire layout. changed some gates/kickers/triggers/posts to get it functioning as it shows in the manual and in vids. Lots of prim changes.  I realize it’s vague, but if you open them side by side you can see there is far too many changes to list.

What is not good:
                          Alot of the objects were grouped in to single prims (as recommended by the devs). However those didn’t line up with anything and they had to go.  So it is missing screws, nuts, some posts, lots of brackets, switch prims, etc.
                          I tried my best to rework the existing Ramp primitives, but they could now use some love and new texture baking (mine was just quick for looking)
                          Needs lighting work. @Hauntfreaks lighting didn’t make it into this wip.
                          The plastics need to be completely reworked as most of them are in different places now and stretching the current prim didn’t cover it.

I guess I would just call this a different WIP as it now needs probably a lot more finishing work.  The physics can be tweaked to your liking, but everything is much more accurate and plays pretty good because of that IMO.

-Mike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07l5k6eimwhv6pb/Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean%20%28Stern%202006%29%20-MWR-WIP.zip?dl=0

3 users thanked author for this post.
                          HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

ok cool… am I guessing that isnt bords ramp??

EDIT… I didnt read all the words…

Sliderpoint
                            Participant
                              @sliderpoint
                              MemberContributor

It started that way, but it is no longer that shape.

Schreibi34
                              Participant
                                @schreibi34

ok cool… am I guessing that isnt bords ramp?? EDIT… I didnt read all the words…

And all i did was for the trashcan? Not happy about that! I wasted alot of my ptecious spare time on this. Go with sliderpoint from here. I’ll go back to my Hot Tip update.

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Can’t believe you all don’t use a simple “Lock and Done” Principle, of course we don’t have any Management Tools here,
                                  but it works well with a simple Text File at the Project File …

Open: User A
                                  Work on: Part B1, G5
                                  Done: B2 solved, B1 ready
                                  Note: User B, please take a look at X
                                  Close (if this the last Line, File can be taken by another)
                                  Open: User C ( if this the last Line, a User work oth the “Table”, please wait)

Schreibi34
                                  Participant
                                    @schreibi34

My stuff was done. Everybody knew what i was working on. I was just waiting for the rest of the guys to finish their stuff. Thats a good working plan from my side.

Ich hab den höchsten Respekt vor dir Stefan. Das war jetzt nicht gegen dich sondern nur eine kleine Rechtfertigung. Du bist definitiv einer von den guten Jungs hier!

This is one of the greatest comunities out there and i want it to stay that way! And i really mean it! We stop this discussion here and everybody keeps doing what he does best.

Thanks!

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

… but WOW – what a Version, Physic (!), Playfield, Ship sunk (work), upper PF Hole – wow, middle Hole (work again) … :good:
                                      I am sure, all did some Parts for this Beauty now, thanks Fren (!), 32assassin, Hauntfreaks, bord (?), Schreibi34, and of Course Sliderpoint
                                      :yahoo:

Edit: had 2 Balls in Spinning Disc, just 1 leaving Disc, the last didn’t come out for a Long time, until all other Balls (at Multiball) was drained,
                                      but maybe this should be ok ?

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

@schreibi34 : As I see it. No one is holding you back from releasing your work on the “other version”. In fact I think you should. I haven’t played Mikes version yet, but, from what I’m reading I expect that to become my new goto for some potc fun. Thank you Mike !

Schreibi34
                                        Participant
                                          @schreibi34

I actually wanted to stop this discussion, but a “work on the version that nobody wants” and “thank you mike” is all i need to now. Good decision to back off and let the VP Silver Back do the job. No offence, Thalamus, i still like everybody here, but i learned my greenhorn lesson.

@sliderpoint
                                          :

Keep going man. It’s all good. The newbie lost his job. The world keeps on turning. I’m pretty sure that you are doing an excellent job on this. But throwing me out of the party train at 100 mph was just not nice. A little conversation and a “show me what you got” before you throw it in the trashcan would have been fair.

Really curious to see the difference to what i have done.

Back to HT update!
                                          Take care guys!

HauntFreaks
                                            @hauntfreaks
                                            vipContributorMember

not to rub salt in the wounds, but borg.bord and me… from 100% scratch built a table in 8 days… not one piece of code, not one piece of art… it took six words
                                            “want to build a halloween table”…. 8days later done…. lots of things were proven in that build….and disorganization wasn’t one of them…

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 170 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?