Pirates of the Caribbean PuPPack

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    trochjochel
    Participant
      @trochjochel

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pirates-of-the-caribbean-puppack/

Captain Jack is Back

do the total PinupPlayer experience with Pirates of the Caribbean.

This PupPack works best with a 3 screen setup. to see all animations and videos.

System: Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

Features:

-lots of different videos for every mode in the game

-animated Player up to 4 Players(with customized option)

-animated frame with changing colours

-optional PuP-Tracks music (that replaces the mono low quality SAM music). Featuring (high quality stereo) Original Movie Soundtracks from the first 6 movies.

-overlay still frame

-different music tracks for every mode in the game.

-works with all cabinet configurations (DMD can be positioned in the bottom text area if required)

-over 100 PuPCapture DMD images being monitored

Important! If you have ANY of the above PuP screens “rotated” in the PuP default settings (you shouldn’t though), then those same screens will also be rotated in this PuP-Pack!

=====================================================

REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT!

Visual Pinball X 10.5 All in One or higher installed (this is to include newest B2S Server):

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-exes/

PinMAME 3.2 beta or higher installed:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/

PINUP SYSTEM (1.3.7 or higher):

PinUP System 1.3.6 FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup. (The Pinup Popper front-end is not required for PuP-Packs, for those who use another front-end)

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinup-system-player-and-popper-front-end-install/

If you are upgrading from 1.3.5 or lower, you MUST first update to 1.3.6 and install the new dmddevicePUP.dll that comes with the 1.3.6 update, into your VPinMAME folder!

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

Then you need to update FROM 1.3.6 TO to 1.3.7 (until a newer update comes out). If these updates are not properly installed, then this PuP-Pack will not work correctly! (make sure there are no blocked files)

http://www.nailbuster.com/pinupdates/PinUPSystem_update_1_3_7.zip

DMDEXT:

DMDExt 1.71 (32 bit/x86 files only!) or higher installed in your VPinMAME folder and configured to enable PUPCapture!

This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the freezy dmdext DMD for specific images to trigger videos and music (PuPCapture). This needs both the freezy 1.71+ “dmddevice.dll” file, and the Pinup Player “dmddevicePUP.dll” file in your VPinMAME folder.

Ensure PuPCapture is enabled in the dmddevice.ini file (in your VPinMAME folder):

[pinup]

enabled=true

Note: If you are using a real DMD, then ensure that the freezy virtual DMD is disabled in the dmddevice.ini file:

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor

[virtualdmd]

enabled = false

PINMAME:

In the PinMAME settings for Pirates of the Carribean potc_600as (press F1 during gameplay):

– you must have “Use External DMD (DLL)” enabled. This will enable the freezy dmdext dmddevice.dll to be used, which is needed for PuPCapture.

– have “Ignore Rom CRC Errors” enabled. (to allow the use of a custom rom)

DMDs can now be ANY colour (or DMD colour mod) you want! This is a NEW feature with Freezy 1.71 files installed! There is no longer a requirement to have your DMD a specific colour for PuP-Packs in VPX!

Your DMD must be in English for all PuPCapture video triggers to work correctly!

PinUPPlayerB2SDriver and B2S SERVER SETTINGS:

Be sure that your PuPB2s Driver and B2S server settings are setup and working correctly so you don’t get any errors.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

NO DIRECTB2S BACKGLASS RUNNING:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Simply make sure you have a copy of your favorite Pirates of the Caribbean table (intended only for use with this PuP-Pack), and make sure it is named VERY differently to your directb2s file, so when you launch that copy of your table it won’t launch the directb2s!

FRONT-END MEDIA DISABLED FOR Batman the Dark Knight TABLE:

Make sure you have no media displayed on your Backglass and Topper when launching the table from a front-end.

Pinball X: In Games Manager, make sure you have “Hide Topper” and “Hide Backglass” enabled for the table you are using.

Popper: In Games Manager, for the table you are using, enter -1 In the “Keep Displays ON” field (to not use Popper media on ALL Displays when launching the table)

================================================

INSTALLATION:

Ensure there are no files in your “PUPVideos” “potc_600as” folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack “potc_600as” folder from the archive into your PUPVideos folder.

OST Movie Music To enable the PuP-Tracks music:

if you don´t want to use the OST Music

-edit the potc_600as PuP-Pack with the PuP-Pack Editor, and change Screen 4 (Music) to “Off”. Then Save.And use your potc_600as rom in VpinMame Roms folder that you already have

-you MUST use my custom “Muted Music Rom” version of the potc_600as.zip Rom file. Copy the potc_600as.zip to your VPinMAME Roms folder (backup your original potc_600as.zip file). This is required because SAM tables cannot have their music turned down or reduced by either VPX or the table’s Service Menu. I made this custom version of the rom with all the game’s music muted so it will allow only the PuP-Pack to play music for the game.

-run the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat in the “PinupSystem” folder, and make sure your Music screen “Default State” is set to “Hide Always” (Sound Only)

================================================

PROBLEMS:

If you have video stuttering or artifacts with PuP-Packs with VPX…  you most likely don’t have VSYNC properly setup in VPX. Set “FPS Limiter/VSYNC” to 1, and “Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames” to 1 in VPX Video Options. This can also be set per-table in the Table’s “User Customization” options, so check that as well.

Having certain programs running in the background can also cause issues as they may interfere with VLC or prevent Overlays from displaying. Try closing out other programs / processes to see if that helps resolve any issues.

If the OST music “during gameplay” isn’t working correctly then you probably didn’t update correctly.

To make it CLEAR. You MUST be updated “properly” to Pinup System 1.3.7 for this Pack to work “correctly”! Some videos may not be triggering, and the OST Music PuP-Tracks will NOT work correctly without that update! Full instructions for updating and the links are in the Description under REQUIREMENTS.

If you don´t use a Topper set screen0 in PupPackeditor to off.

This relieves the system and stuttering should stop.

For other issues with getting a PuP-Pack to work, refer to the wiki:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

GAH1068
      Participant
        @gah1068

Very nice work!   Downloaded and installed and turned off topper for my system and it worked no problem.    I can’t say enough about all the great work people are doing.  These PupPacks really are getting more and more impressive.     Thanks for all your hard work!

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

Away from home for the next week or so, driving me crazy, someone please post a video so I can see it.   Thanks for all the hard work

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

footage :)

2 users thanked author for this post.
            trochjochel
            Participant
              @trochjochel
              Shadow
              Participant
                @shadowshd

Thanks for this nice little piece of artwork @trochjochel  :good:

If it can avoid issues : you have to set the potc_600as ROM to USA via the F6 menu, mine was set to France and the PuP-Pack didn’t trigger events.

I’ve set language to french in ROM settings and everything runs smoothly  :-)

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

Tried it last night and I was having a real fun time with it.  No issues thus far, some nice vids.  I don’t have a topper so I don’t know what I’m missing but it’s quite the show on the two screener + real DMD that I’m using!   I’m curious to see what you next come up with.

KiwiBri
                  Participant
                    @kiwibri

thanks for this..

hmmm…. getting major stuttering with the videos.. havent had that issue with other PuP packs (Transformers, BatMan, Stranger Things)..

Are these hi-res videos?

trochjochel
                    Participant
                      @trochjochel

Do you play with a topper?

If not than turn off screen 0 in puppackeditor.

LTA
                      Participant
                        @luvthatapex

Wow this is really nice work! I haven’t installed pup yet but I may just give it a go! Seeing the videos associated with the gameplay really push this game into a more interesting game!  :yahoo:

Johngreve
                        Participant
                          @johngreve

I love this PUP pack!
                          Really love the new music when done this way….so crisp sounding. It really sparkles. Lots of really cool videos too….so much going on on the BG that my scores are suffering as I don’t pay enough attention to the ball. Great stuff.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to somehow use the patched color rom with your custom rom? I understand the need for your custom rom to enjoy the much better quality music…..just wondering, not a big deal though.

Very nicely done sir! Thanks for sharing you work once again!

Johngreve
                          Participant
                            @johngreve

I’ve been playing this a lot since it’s release and I just had to come back and again say …WOW…..what a rousing game of pinball this is now. I mean when your firing on all cylinders in the middle of the game the music just takes this to a new level…..the music just soars! Play it loud!! What a mood setter….sensory overload. Thanks again!!
                            I just can’t imagine pinball getting better than this.

trochjochel
                            Participant
                              @trochjochel

Thanks for the great feedback. I’m happy when others have just as much fun as I have with this table. That’s the drive I think everyone has in this hobby. whether it’s table builder, PupPack creator …… when everything comes together in the end you have a great table to play with

2 users thanked author for this post.
                              Kauerinke
                              Participant
                                @kauerinke

Great table… And now even better!!!

I´m just having a small issue with the backglass. This pack has 2 screens in the backglass, just the small screen is showing in portrait position. And I couldnt find a way to fix it. I have already check my screen setup and I dont have any rotate screen.

Any recomendation ?! All my other table packs are working 100%.

Regards

scutters
                                Participant
                                  @scutters

thanks for this..

hmmm…. getting major stuttering with the videos.. havent had that issue with other PuP packs (Transformers, BatMan, Stranger Things)..

Are these hi-res videos?

I had the same issue with this pack on a gtx1060 with topper & reflections disabled, other packs ok.

I used wonderfox hd video converter to downscale all the videos from 1080p to 480p and all runs smooth now. Maybe i could have gone to 720p only and had same result but to be honest 480p looks fine to me on the backglass – i’m not really watching it like a i would a tv..

Thanks for the pack Trochjochel – very nice!

edit: you can get a free license for video converter up to 5th Jan – http://www.wonderfoxsoft.com/ , although the free version works ok just with a few nag screens

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

It looks very good! Everything fits together well.

Scooby
                                    Participant
                                      @scooby

Thanks for this. Where do I put the MissingPUPCature file?

Mark70
                                      Participant
                                        @mark70

Thanks for this. Where do I put the MissingPUPCature file?

It goes to: PupVideos/potc_600af/PuPCapture overwrite the existing one.
                                        There is a readme within the package ;)

Scooby
                                        Participant
                                          @scooby

Thank you, but for some reason I can no longer get pup packs to run. I must have something wrong on my system because even when I could run pup packs, the only two that I could ever really get to work properly were Tron and Transformers. I guess I’ll need to re-read setting up pup packs to play on my system.

Popper is working nicely, so I’m happy about that!

trochjochel
                                          Participant
                                            @trochjochel

with most the problem is that the basic setup of the screen does not fit screen 8 other2 and screen 0 Topper must have the same coordinates. the same for screen 7 other1 and screen 2 backglass.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 88 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?