Pirates of the Caribbean PuPPack

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    dgrace
    Participant
      @dgrace

I’ve gotten most PupPacks working pretty well with essentially zero stuttering. Indiana Jones still stutters a little, but still very playable, but Pirates, for some reason I still can’t get to work consistently without stutter. Video stutter and freezing it’s constant throughout gameplay. I’ve tried all the nailbuster’s troubleshooting tips and settings but still no luck. It’s weird because all my other pup tables have no stuttering like Transformers, Stranger Things, Batman, Batman 66, xmen, back to the future, etc. Pretty much every other table’s pup videos are smooth as butter. Below is a break down of my settings/things I’ve tried. Any tips/suggestions greatly appreciated.

–          I have the latest VPX 10.6 Beta

–          I’m using 2 screens cabinet mode (40” playfield tv and 32” backglass TV)

–          PinUPSystem folder/files on C drive

–          Using Freezy’s 1.71 (86)

–          Have playfield connected to GTX 750ti graphics card. Backglass using computer’s intel HD graphics card.

–          Using PinMAME 3.2 beta

–          Using latest PinUPPlayer

–          External DMD checked in F1 settings

–          DMD is in English

–          FPS Limiter/VSYNC set to 1 and Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames to 1 in VPX video options

trochjochel
      Participant
        @trochjochel

you dont use a Topper so go to Puppackeditor and set screen 0 to off , because topper is playing in the background that can cause the issue and it could be better to play play both screens over  the graficcard, but try first the topper option i think it will work

dgrace
        Participant
          @dgrace

I tried that already. Still stutters:(. Thanks anyways for trying

naeromagus
          Participant
            @naeromagus

Also if possible you should try running both monitors from gtx 750 ti. Using on board graphics will use up more of that precious cpu you have. What kind of Cpu do you have how much ram, etc. What resolution are you running vpx in. These are all important factors that could lead to the stuttering you are experiencing.

dgrace
            Participant
              @dgrace

@naeromagus – I was just thinking the exact same thing. I always thought (like an idiot) that in order to play VPX, pinup player, etc. you had to plug monitors into separate ports (i.e. playfield TV in my 750ti and backglass TV in my regular intel on board graphics). I’m going to try plugging both directly into my GTX EVA 750 ti tonight. That’s probably the issue. My CPU being an i3 doesn’t help either i’m sure. My VPX settings are exactly what Nailbuster recoomends in his troubleshooting wiki.

Also, I have another computer that’s i7-4790k GTX 1060 6 gb that I just use for my hyperspin arcade, but I may swap them out if I continue to have these issues. I think I love VP more anyways now. :) I also have an extra computer i’m not using very much that has i5 and MSI 1050 ti LP graphics card. Maybe i’ll just use that one if plugging both monitors into the 750ti doesn’t do the trick. Thanks for your help. I’ll let you know either way if it works.

force10wind
              Participant
                @force10wind

this was my second attempt to get it right and followed your instructions and advice.

Man  you did a lot of work on this one. This one is incredible!

The topper videos are super, too bad I only have three screens but the new color DMD is just over the top.

Thank you for sharing this one. It really changes the game and brings it to a new level.

Cheers!

Heinz

polt
                Participant
                  @polt

I recently installed popper front end and this pup pack and I am experiencing mechanical clicking noises when I start the game? I haven’ t had this before. Pup pack runs smooth  but the noise won’ t go away. Any ideas?

trochjochel
                  Participant
                    @trochjochel

I recently installed popper front end and this pup pack and I am experiencing mechanical clicking noises when I start the game? I haven’ t had this before. Pup pack runs smooth but the noise won’ t go away. Any ideas?

Do you use the rom that is within the dowload? maybe the sound effects in vpx are to loud

polt
                    Participant
                      @polt

I recently installed popper front end and this pup pack and I am experiencing mechanical clicking noises when I start the game? I haven’ t had this before. Pup pack runs smooth but the noise won’ t go away. Any ideas?

Do you use the rom that is within the dowload? maybe the sound effects in vpx are to loud

I used the included rom and tried downloading a fresh table. But it’ s probably unrelated to this pup pack because I noticed it on lotr too yesterday. Still very odd.

cheers!

KPinball75
                      Participant
                        @kpinball75

I was was having the slow/sluggish issues with this puppack like others mentioned.  I’ve had no issues with other puppacks, however.  I tried re-scaling the images to 720p but the problem persisted.  I change the vsync and max pre-rendered frames to 1 but the problem was still occurring.  When I manually played videos, they’d play for a few seconds and freeze then I’d only get sound.  When I played them on the playfield they played with no issues.

The only thing that I found that got things working perfectly was changing the color depth of the backglass monitor to 16 bit.  It was originally at 32 bit.

Another thing I found was no matter what settings I have for color depth, if I left the dmd on the playfield while testing, I had sluggish performance.  After moving to the dmd screen, everything worked perfectly.

Hopefully this will help others who are experiencing this issue.

elvinu
                        Participant
                          @elvinu

Not seeing videos when the game is launched via PinUpMenu.

I’m a single screen user. I’m using 32assassin’s version of the vpx file, the potc_600as.zip rom, and the potc_600as pup-pack files with no adjustments to the 3 pup files.  Also, I haven’t added pupinit.bat nor PinUpPlayer.ini since the videos play fine without them.

When I launch the game by clicking on the vpx file, I wait 20 to 30 seconds for everything to load and once I see the backglass video go to the “Play the game” video, I’m good to go.  Focus is on the playfield and I can add coins without the videos going behind the playfield.

However, when I use the PinUpMenu to launch, I’ll wait the same amount of time, I’ll hear the “Play the game” video but I see the following instead (see image below): no topper video and no backglass video.  Any ideas?  Do I need to make an adjustment for the pinup frontend?

TIA

Capture

trochjochel
                          Participant
                            @trochjochel

Not seeing videos when the game is launched via PinUpMenu.

I’m a single screen user. I’m using 32assassin’s version of the vpx file, the potc_600as.zip rom, and the potc_600as pup-pack files with no adjustments to the 3 pup files. Also, I haven’t added pupinit.bat nor PinUpPlayer.ini since the videos play fine without them.

When I launch the game by clicking on the vpx file, I wait 20 to 30 seconds for everything to load and once I see the backglass video go to the “Play the game” video, I’m good to go. Focus is on the playfield and I can add coins without the videos going behind the playfield.

However, when I use the PinUpMenu to launch, I’ll wait the same amount of time, I’ll hear the “Play the game” video but I see the following instead (see image below): no topper video and no backglass video. Any ideas? Do I need to make an adjustment for the pinup frontend?

TIA

Capture

This pack normally not made for use as single screen. You can try to edit the pack in puppackeditor. Set the screens to force on. Or force pop.  i did not know if it will work correct then.but try it out.

elvinu
                            Participant
                              @elvinu

This pack normally not made for use as single screen. You can try to edit the pack in puppackeditor. Set the screens to force on. Or force pop.  i did not know if it will work correct then.but try it out.

Thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, I get an “Access Violation” error when I try to load the Potc_600as pup-pack.  How do I get around this?

I suppose I could delete the existing 3 pup files and just create a new set, but I wanted to keep your settings for the other screens.

TIA

elvinu
                              Participant
                                @elvinu

Nevermind, I got it to work.  I should’ve followed TerryRed’s instructions regardless if things work without needing to copy PinUpPlayer.ini and pupinit.bat into the Pup-pack folder.  I did have to edit the bat file though.

I originally didn’t include those two files since your videos (great job with the edits btw) run fine without them if you click on the VPX file to launch.  It wasn’t ’til later that I was brave enough to try the PinUpMenu frontend and discovered that the Topper and backglass videos stay hidden behind the playfield.

For single screen users that want to launch via PinUpMenu, here’s what I did:

1. Copied PinUpPlayer.ini from PinUpSystem folder to the potc_600as Pup-pack folder.  See TerryRed’s Aug 8 post here for details: https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pup-packs-on-top-use-pup-packs-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view-fp-vpx-fx3-etc/#bbpress
                                2. Copied the pupinit.bat file (pupinit_vp_no_front-end_1.1 version) from TerryRed’s VPB Download from the site above.
                                3. Had to do the following edits to the bat file:

Change the following:

start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” 0 2 0
                                start “” pupwinpos.exe “Form1” -1 2 0

to

start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -1 20 0
                                start “” pupwinpos.exe “Form1” -1 20 0

After launching, wait around 20 seconds or so for the Topper and Backglass videos to return.

Thank you trochjochel and TerryRed!  Looking forward to trying your other pup-packs and watching your YT vids.

KPinball75
                                Participant
                                  @kpinball75

I was was having the slow/sluggish issues with this puppack like others mentioned. I’ve had no issues with other puppacks, however. I tried re-scaling the images to 720p but the problem persisted. I change the vsync and max pre-rendered frames to 1 but the problem was still occurring. When I manually played videos, they’d play for a few seconds and freeze then I’d only get sound. When I played them on the playfield they played with no issues.

The only thing that I found that got things working perfectly was changing the color depth of the backglass monitor to 16 bit. It was originally at 32 bit.

Another thing I found was no matter what settings I have for color depth, if I left the dmd on the playfield while testing, I had sluggish performance. After moving to the dmd screen, everything worked perfectly.

Well…I’m still not getting optimal performance with what I mentioned above.  I haven’t done much more troubleshooting but I can say that CPU usage is minimal,  maybe in the teens.  GPU usage maybe hits 50 to 60%.  I’m running an AMD rx580 with 8 GB of ram for the 4K PF and an AMD Radeon R7240 for the BG and DMD.  CPU is an AMD FX-6350 Six Core.  8GB RAM.  Can’t remember which MB i’m using and I’m not where I can check.  When I run this on my T540p business class laptop with an i7-4600M CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M and intel hd4600 graphics chips, it runs beautifully.

Any ideas what could be the cause?  I’ve heard that running 4K with the rx580 is pushing its capabilities but the gpu isn’t being heavily utilized.  The R7240 shows almost no utilization.  I haven’t tried limiting frame rate yet but will try that when I get back.

trochjochel
                                  Participant
                                    @trochjochel

I was was having the slow/sluggish issues with this puppack like others mentioned. I’ve had no issues with other puppacks, however. I tried re-scaling the images to 720p but the problem persisted. I change the vsync and max pre-rendered frames to 1 but the problem was still occurring. When I manually played videos, they’d play for a few seconds and freeze then I’d only get sound. When I played them on the playfield they played with no issues.

The only thing that I found that got things working perfectly was changing the color depth of the backglass monitor to 16 bit. It was originally at 32 bit.

Another thing I found was no matter what settings I have for color depth, if I left the dmd on the playfield while testing, I had sluggish performance. After moving to the dmd screen, everything worked perfectly.

Well…I’m still not getting optimal performance with what I mentioned above. I haven’t done much more troubleshooting but I can say that CPU usage is minimal, maybe in the teens. GPU usage maybe hits 50 to 60%. I’m running an AMD rx580 with 8 GB of ram for the 4K PF and an AMD Radeon R7240 for the BG and DMD. CPU is an AMD FX-6350 Six Core. 8GB RAM. Can’t remember which MB i’m using and I’m not where I can check. When I run this on my T540p business class laptop with an i7-4600M CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M and intel hd4600 graphics chips, it runs beautifully.

Any ideas what could be the cause? I’ve heard that running 4K with the rx580 is pushing its capabilities but the gpu isn’t being heavily utilized. The R7240 shows almost no utilization. I haven’t tried limiting frame rate yet but will try that when I get back.

if you dont use a topper . disable it in puppackeditor because the topper is running under playfied and cause issues.

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

i got an access violation when i tried to edit the pup to remove the topper from showing

outhere
                                        @outhere
                                        MemberContributorvipModerator

i got an access violation when i tried to edit the pup to remove the topper from showing

Go to the pub folder open the 3 Pub files and make sure there are no blank lines at the bottom of the file

drumdude777
                                        Participant
                                          @drumdude777

outhere thanks for that tip..i had the access violation in the editor, myself. That fixed it.

Thanks a ton to the creator of this pack! Absolutely beautiful work. I am having an issue that I see no one else seems to have. Approx 7-10 seconds after opening the table, the VPX editor pops up and covers the video, except the video outline image (the decorative outline). Any ideas?

GarageMakerGuy
                                          Participant
                                            @garagemakerguy

trochjochel,

Thank you so much for this fantastic piece of work.

Absolutely amazing! One of my favorite Pup Packs.

Cheers,

Jeff (Garage Maker Guy)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 88 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?