Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    7x4x1z
    Participant
    @cookieraid

… the new color DMD is just over the top.

Thank you for sharing this one. It really changes the game and brings it to a new level.

Cheers!

Heinz

bietekwiet
    Participant
    @bietekwiet
      IMPORTANT TUTORIAL!:

There is a bug that makes the DMD crash when getting the Extra ball after defeating the Kraken. It is an unavoidable crash of the table (no matter which Freezy DMD is being used)
    The solution is to run the COLOR DMD version of the ROM provided here as a download.
    No crashes any more AND the DMD looks far far better! Win-Win!
    It is NOT HARD if you just follow the cooking recipe below.
    (Credits to Umeelvin on VpUniverse for the info he posted there)

Do the following steps:

You will need the bspatch.exe program.
    bspatch may be downloaded here: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4400-bsdiff-bspatch-for-windows/

To get:
    potc_600af.zip ROM
    You HAVE TO use the ROM file as provided here as download in this Pup Pack thread (it has a special version “potc_600af.bin” that mutes the original Rom sounds as we will have the glorious and iconic OST sound track instead from the PUP pack)

To get:
    potc600af.diff and pin2dmd.pal
    go here and download the file:
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4119-pirates-of-the-caribbean/

Then unzip the file to get the *.diff file, the ReadMe.txt file, and the pin2dmd.pal file.

Now use your anti-virus program and check to make sure everything you downloaded is safe.

Put the following three files (bspatch.exe, potc_600af.bin, and potc600af.diff) in a folder,

Get to a command prompt (to do so , type cmd in the address bar in Windows Explorer while in the correct folder) and then type the following EXACTLY (note the underscore between the ‘c’ and the ‘6’ in the second bin file):

bspatch potc_600af.bin potc_600af.bin potc600af.diff

Hit Enter to execute but only after you’ve virus checked everything.

This will create a new potc_600af.bin file by overwriting the old. (You can check if it worked by checking the date/time of the file).

Now follow these instructions:

1. zip up the newly created bin file to match the name : potc_600af.zip

2. edit the table’s script gamename to match potc_600af. My original gamename was set to: potc_600as

3. make a subfolder in Pinmame/Altcolor named “potc_600af” .
    Put the .diff and .pal file you downloaded earlier in this Altcolor folder. Rename “potc600af.diff ” to “pin2dmd.diff”.(IMPORTANT).
    Your Altcolor folder should now contain these 2 files : “pin2dmd.pal” and “pin2dmd.diff”

4. had to rename my videos folder to match as well:

C:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\potc_600af

5. don’t forget to press F1 when you launch the table so you can enable Colorize DMD. (External DMD also needs to be enabled. Disable Virtual DMD)

When launching the table, make sure to wait before entering credits and start until the PUP music kicks in, otherwise you’ll be playing ball 1 without music. Ball 2 should be fine as the OST sound track will kick in.

Enjoy!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bietekwiet
    Participant
    @bietekwiet

@trochjochel,

The above method to get past collecting the extra ball (and not get the table crash) works really well by using the ColorDMD….

However, it seems to break something in the Pup-pack.
    When hitting the start button after inserting coins, it does not trigger any action in the Pup-pack (the intro video just continues playing). Perhaps other triggers might be broken too? I am not sure.

Would it be possible to update the Pup-Pack to work with the color DMD and thus be crash free?
    POTC with the Pup-pack is such an inconic VPX table that it would be really great to have it running the way it should.

ps: By being able to get past the extra ball I got to improve my high score to 175.000.000 :)

EDIT:

I seem to have overlooked the changelog and the need to overwrite the missing PupCapture! (in download)
    “Still have the rom potc_600af muted for users who like to play with colour rom and still want the PupPack sound. so that the color rom runs correctly you have to overwrite a PuPCapture in addition. therefore also download the file missingPupcapture.zip”

All works fabulously fine now! Thank you!

thierryb
    Participant
    @thierrb

Salut, super boulot.

par contre je ne sait pas si il n’y a que moi mais il ma été impossible d’éditer le puppack pour mettre le topper sur off temps que je n’est pas supprimé les lignes vides à la fin des trois fichiers .pup qui ce trouvent à la fin du puppack. il faudrait peut être modifier pour évité le problème lors des prochains téléchargement.

Merci pour votre travail.

scampa123
    Participant
    @scampa123

I really like this table and the Pup pack, but I am noticing that sometimes when I exit back to Pinup Popper that the backglass and dmd do not exit properly.  They will continue to run until I go to task manager and kill the popper processes.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?  Thank you!!

trochjochel
    Participant
    @trochjochel

I really like this table and the Pup pack, but I am noticing that sometimes when I exit back to Pinup Popper that the backglass and dmd do not exit properly. They will continue to run until I go to task manager and kill the popper processes.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thank you!!

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupb2s_patch

1 user thanked author for this post.
    scampa123
    Participant
    @scampa123

I’ll give it a try!

scampa123
    Participant
    @scampa123

I reinstalled the pup pack.  The B2S updated file didn’t help.  What I think helped at the moment was overwriting the rom file again.  I think I’m all set!!

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW