Pirates of the Caribbean (Stern, 2006)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Schreibi34
    Participant
      @schreibi34

Thanks for the quick reply Rich!

Does that mean that the first hit is also stopped by the ship? Because the way i have it now is:

1. hit – ball goes through, shot is counted as a hit, sails come down
      2. hit – ball stoped by the ship, shot is counted as a hit, ball is stopped by the pole for a couple of seconds, then released
      3. hit – ball stoped by the ship, shot is counted as a hit, ball is stopped by the pole for a couple of seconds, then released, ship starts moving
      4. hit – ball stoped by the ship, shot is counted as a hit, ball is stopped by the pole for a couple of seconds, then released, ship sunk
      5. Ball will now pass through the Kraken gate. After the Kraken thing is finished, Ship resets to the start.

Question: Will the ball be stoped on the first hit? If yes, i have to take another look into it tonight.

Frenatic could you hold back the table upload until we got this correct?

Thanks!

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Ya I missed all the excitement anyways. Did not know the ship was collidable. Is there a switch tied to the ship to know when it’s been hit?

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Schreibi34
        Participant
          @schreibi34

Yes, had to move it a little in front of the ship collision walls so the event gets triggert while the path is blocked.

The ship itself is not colideable. There are separate invisible walls that block the shots.

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

Thanks Guys, love the Table, cant wait … :good:

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

Found an excellent discription of the table on Pinballnews. Ship can be sunk 4 times. Balls will be blocked by the ship on all shots in the ship lane. The pole will only hold the blocked shots on the first ship. When sinking ships 2-3-4 the ball will not be held anymore. Holy …..! We’ll see what i can do tonight. :scratch:

2 users thanked author for this post.
              RYSr (Rich)
              Participant
                @rysr

Found an excellent discription of the table on Pinballnews. Ship can be sunk 4 times. Balls will be blocked by the ship on all shots in the ship lane. The pole will only hold the blocked shots on the first ship. When sinking ships 2-3-4 the ball will not be held anymore. Holy …..! We’ll see what i can do tonight. :scratch:

Sounds right, but I think it took a few shots before the sails dropped. Guess the game settings will change that if set to hard or easy.

I sold the pin over a year ago. Memory is not what it used to be.

I still have a manual (had 2), it shows switch 61 (opto) on the end of the flat rails leading to the ship. Since the post went up for me one time on the weak shot I figured it was already on this table.

Was playing a little more and noticed that there are posts blocking drains STDM and on the outlanes. Was wondering why I had such long ball times. :scratch:

Rich

Andypc
                Participant
                  @andypc

Fren, Thanks for the update :yahoo:   If you and Schreibi34 are making any changes is it possible to add the lights missing from the Key and the Scroll on the back wall. They are on the real table and the VP9 version.

Thanks

Umpa
                  Participant
                    @umpa

This is great news seeing this table getting some attention! Can’t wait try this one out! Thank you all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

Final version is uploaded to frenatic!

• Ship / Kraken is working as described in the manual
                      • Tortuga disk start is more reliable now
                      • Added a bit of randomness to the Parlay playfield
                      • Changed a few parmeters to get more side drains (not too much)
                      • Readjusted the lighting to fit with frenatics material and environment changes

Sadly I don’t have the knowledge and the time to ad the missing lights on the back wall. I could work my self into this but there is only so much time. If someone wants to add those lights please ask frenatic. Or maybe the master himself has some time? :yahoo:

A big thanks to the man frenatic for working hard to bring this table to VPX. Thanks to him I have a new top 5 table!

Hope you guys enjoy it too!

5 users thanked author for this post.
                      STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

:good: … would like to spend some Beers …

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

I’ll take a look at it tonight and see about adding missing lights as requested

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Andypc
                          Participant
                            @andypc

Thanks Fren :good:

Jeremy
                            Participant
                              @malachi666

Hey guys I am getting an error, I believe with the ROM.  It is saying Line 128 Object Required ‘Controller’.  The line in question is Controller.GameName=”potc_600as”

I believe this is referencing the ROM which I have since I have had the older version of the title.  Did the rom change?  It has the same name as the line above.

freneticamnesic
                                @freneticamnesic
                                vipModeratorMember

Uploaded potc 030817a.rar

All credit for this table update to @Schreibi34 – without him this table may never have been updated! I never like revisiting tables but he stepped up with fixes for gameplay issues you’ve all been having for 2 years now. That motivated me enough to touch it up at least and make it a bit more presentable – so thanks to him for the motivation and the improvements he made.

@Jeremy
                                the rom name for this table didn’t change – were you able to play it before? (VP9 version?)

Punch it!

6 users thanked author for this post.
                                TNT2
                                Participant
                                  @tnt2

Some cool new lighting effects.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Thanks fren! Your the best

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Sliderpoint
                                    Participant
                                      @sliderpoint
                                      MemberContributor

Hey guys I am getting an error, I believe with the ROM. It is saying Line 128 Object Required ‘Controller’. The line in question is Controller.GameName=”potc_600as”

I believe this is referencing the ROM which I have since I have had the older version of the title. Did the rom change? It has the same name as the line above.

I think I didn’t have the 600as rom either, I just changed it to 600af which I did have.

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

Just go to Sterns Page, and DL your favotite BIN (change to Romfile/make Zip) with diff. Languages … then, dont Forget, to Change the Rom Name it this Table Script,
                                        on two Places … ( just search for potc_600 )

potc_600af
                                        potc_600ai
                                        potc_600as
                                        potc_600gf

…. this are the possible ROM Names/Files.

Jeremy
                                        Participant
                                          @malachi666

I tried re-downloading the rom and no luck.  The table worked in VPX prior to this update.  I checked and there was no change to the ROM name in the script…

Schreibi34
                                          Participant
                                            @schreibi34

Did you change the SAM build to a beta or something?

Did you try and delete anything rom related including the games registry key?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 80 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?