Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    alois
    Participant
    @alois

Thank you so much for this amazing table. I own this machine and this is helping me dial it in and see what relays need some cleaning. The playfield is a bit rough but the backglass and plastics are mint. If you would like me to take photos please let me know of what and how to best shoot them for anyone.

Very cool offer. Would be great to get the plastics scanned at 200dpi for this or a future project.

Maybe you could also give a hint what would be the best way for a playfield photo.  I usually look for a rectangular (so I don’t have to use the perspective tool, since I don’t know if it distorts it) picture with a good resolution from above, but I’m sure you have much more experience in such things.

alois
    Participant
    @alois

Thank you so much for this amazing table. I own this machine and this is helping me dial it in and see what relays need some cleaning. The playfield is a bit rough but the backglass and plastics are mint. If you would like me to take photos please let me know of what and how to best shoot them for anyone.

One from above straight down on the PF, and one in front of the BG.  Both should just fit into the Photo.  And maybe one from both sides, so that it can be seen whats below the plastics would be very nice, if that isn’t asked too much.

MrNoe25
    Participant
    @mrnoe25

I was able to take a few pictures. I hope this helps and if you need them taken a better way please let me know.  I would love to help.IMG_7944IMG_7943IMG_7945IMG_7946IMG_7947IMG_7948IMG_7949

1 user thanked author for this post.
    alois
    Participant
    @alois

Thank you very much!  I can use the nice rectangular pf picture to find out if the perspective tool does really changes the relation of the pf elements.  And I’ll try to use the pictures of the plastics directly.  Any hints from the wizards here, how to do this best.  I have selected the right lower plastic with the free select tool in gimp and then pasted it into a new picture with everything around it transparent like that:

PitPlastic

But when I import it into VPX and change the picture of that wall to it, it shows something completely different.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Maybe a screenshot of what you are seeing and the objects properties makes us understand better what the issue is. To me it sounds like your should be able to get what you want by your description, but, obviously, you aren’t.

alois
    Participant
    @alois

Maybe a screenshot of what you are seeing and the objects properties makes us understand better what the issue is. To me it sounds like your should be able to get what you want by your description, but, obviously, you aren’t.

The Wall in the table, when I just change the image, now looks like that:

Wall

bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

The similarities to Post Time are unmistakable, especially in theme integration w/ laps.

posttimeexample

Re: mapping the your image… Try making the wall bigger and you’ll see how it behaves. Most instances where plastics are on a wall the author stretches a single wall to playfield width and height and places all of the plastic images on a single image. Check out one of Loserman’s tables for an example.

Looking forward to seeing this get tweaked with the improved resources. Love games from this era.

alois
    Participant
    @alois

The similarities to Post Time are unmistakable, especially in theme integration w/ laps.

Yes, I have a VP8 and a VPX version of it, and they are very similar.

Re: mapping the your image… Try making the wall bigger and you’ll see how it behaves. Most instances where plastics are on a wall the author stretches a single wall to playfield width and height and places all of the plastic images on a single image. Check out one of Loserman’s tables for an example.

Thanks.  I see, there are plastics and sometimes light-on and light-off images in pf-size.  I’ve already learned a lot from just looking at Loserman’s tables.  I really admire the precision of his pf-elements.  It is amazing how he puts so many nearby control-points together to form perfect arcs in his walls and rubbers.

Looking forward to seeing this get tweaked with the improved resources. Love games from this era.

I too, but don’t expect too much, and it will take me quite some time.  I really still have to work hard on my graphics skills.

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

Truly glad you are sticking with it and admire the skills you are learning.  Thanks again for sharing!!

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW