Playfield Dimentions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    cyberpez
    Participant
      @cyberpez

I’m debating doing a playfield redraw… (probably will)  I found a clean stiripped playfield to start as a base then stitched images over it to gain a bit of detail.  I’m happy with how it turned out… but…  the round inserts have a slite oval to them (to tall.. maybe 2-3mm??)..  I could fake it, but feel like something is off.  I sized the playfield in photoshop to match the dimensions in the dimensions manager..  Currently using the DE standard measurements..  I tried the widebody to just incase, and it was better…  but a little to wide now.

Not really sure where I went wrong..  any ideas?  I’d be happy to send someone what I have to look at.  I just don’t really want to say what table it is just yet, but for those paying attention you could probably guess it….

Max-K
      Participant
        @kiwipim

It could be that it’s 42 inches long, instead of 46,

I’m not sure of this measure either, it’s what I get by stretching some DE playfields.
        I’m also curious to know if there are DE tables with this measure.

cyberpez
        Participant
          @cyberpez

Interesting…  changing the height to 42 makes the inserts pretty spot on.

Now I’m also curious..  I’ve noticed it before too and never thought much about it.  Don’t remember exactly which table but may have been all of them I’ve worked on… hmmm

Sliderpoint
          Participant
            @sliderpoint
            MemberContributor

Without knowing the table, can’t say for sure, however most DE playfields are 20.25×46.  Maybe your image is missing some under apron wood area or your just dealing with photo distortion.

-Mike

Max-K
            Participant
              @kiwipim

Star Trek 25th, Playboy and Secret Service, these do not have standard sizes.

cyberpez
              Participant
                @cyberpez

Its KK, not that that would help a whole lot.  I think that I accounted for all of the wood under they playfield.  (and sides and top)  It could be distortion… but all of the round inserts seem to be off by the same amount.

gtxjoe
                Participant
                  @gtxjoe

Didn’t KK become Back to the future. What are the dimensions on BTTF?

Max-K
                  Participant
                    @kiwipim

I stretched a couple of playfields,
                    in addition to the tables already mentioned by me above, I would add King Kong, Back To The Future and Phantom Of The Opera in the 42-inch club.
                    Now we need some owners of these tables to confirm this measure of 20.25 x 42 inches.

Max-K
                    Participant
                      @kiwipim

I can add other tables in the probable list of 42 inches, like Batman, Monday Night Football ….
                      Perhaps the length of 46 inches is for the Sega tables.

cyberpez
                      Participant
                        @cyberpez

Interesting stuff.  @sliderpoint  Mind measuring your RaB just to be sure?

I’ve reached out to a few people I know with real DE tables.  Hopefully will get back measurements on a bttf, ST 25th, tmnt and a LW3.

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

Yep, 46 is verified on RaB.

-Mike

Max-K
                          Participant
                            @kiwipim

Chronologically speaking, it seems that up to Hook they used a playfield about 42 inches long, then they stretched it to 46.

cyberpez
                            Participant
                              @cyberpez

My buddy got back to me on his ST 25th.  “42-5/8inch long, +/- ¼ inch accuracy (bracket was in the way). ”

Wrd is out of town so he cannot get measurements on tmnt or LW3 yet.  Have not heard back on bttf yet either.

Max-K
                              Participant
                                @kiwipim

Great, the size of the star trek interests me.

From the Photoshop test Tmnt and LW3 should be 46 inches long, but we await confirmation from those who own them.

cyberpez
                                Participant
                                  @cyberpez

From the other site, Secret Service was confirmed to be 107cm X 51,5cm  (42.126 x 20.28)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?