Playfield-POV (VPX-Tables)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rajo Joey
    Participant
      @joey2001

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=147859

Here are my preferred settings for the POV of the VPX tables (More than 950 tables).

Peter222
      Participant
        @swietlikowa

Thanks – very useful, I often use your POV files. In my case I have to correct them a little to make the playfield fit better on the screen, but certainly these files are a good starting point. I wonder why table authors don’t always take care of correct POV settings and users have to do it?

If there is already such a POV file database, maybe Nailbuster would add “Get POV file” option to Media Manager? :) All in all, it’s a simple operation, just a button like this would cause the POV file to be downloaded and copied to the tables folder with the same name as the table name. It would be great if users could easily share their POV settings like media files.

fissional
        Participant
          @fissional

Thanks for creating and sharing these!  I had to import them as naming them the same in the table directory didn’t work for me. But they are great!  Thanks again

Rajo Joey
          Participant
            @joey2001

Thanks – very useful, I often use your POV files. In my case I have to correct them a little to make the playfield fit better on the screen, but certainly these files are a good starting point. I wonder why table authors don’t always take care of correct POV settings and users have to do it?

If there is already such a POV file database, maybe Nailbuster would add “Get POV file” option to Media Manager? :) All in all, it’s a simple operation, just a button like this would cause the POV file to be downloaded and copied to the tables folder with the same name as the table name. It would be great if users could easily share their POV settings like media files.

Everyone like his own settings. You can’t do it for all users. So the POV are only my preferred sight of view.
            I like to see tables fit the screen, but also see the rubber on the flipper. So I mostly use a little angle.
            Other people want to have only a 1:1 setting for x and y. So it’s the correct ratio.
            My POV are only a starting point for people.

And yes, it would be nice, if Nailbuster integrate a button for POV. So it’s easy to download from others and compare there settings.
            Maybe we see this function in an update of Popper. :unsure:

makmak
            Participant
              @makmak

Great stuff, like it and use it :good: , as somehow my system and all the settings messed up during the 10.6 update :wacko: thanks for sharing, saves me a lot of time!

Peter222
              Participant
                @swietlikowa

Everyone like his own settings. You can’t do it for all users. So the POV are only my preferred sight of view.
                I like to see tables fit the screen, but also see the rubber on the flipper. So I mostly use a little angle.
                Other people want to have only a 1:1 setting for x and y. So it’s the correct ratio.
                My POV are only a starting point for people.

And yes, it would be nice, if Nailbuster integrate a button for POV. So it’s easy to download from others and compare there settings.
                Maybe we see this function in an update of Popper. :unsure:

Of course, everyone has different preferences. I like to have a “matching” table, I don’t like it narrowing upwards leaving a black area on the left and right. But that’s why we have a POV to make everyone choose what they like. If Nailbuster gave such a possibility (I hope he reads it ;)) to share his own settings, we would have a great database as it is with the media – quickly each of us would find his favorite author :)

Bender
                Participant
                  @benderle
                  <span style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Thx for Share,  :good:  </span>
                  <span style="font-size: 10pt;">Are The POV for Cabinet Users ?
                  I Think The Screen Size Playfield is also Important
                  Greetings @ll</span>
                  </span>
                  cliffyreddog
                  Participant
                    @cliffyreddog

thanks heaps for sharing. i am sure my settings for certain games could be really improved as i see some videos or tables and they look a lot darker with better lighting. i have tried a few of your pov files and i dont notice much difference to my current settings. I would like to ensure i am adjusting the POV correctly. Are there any tables in particular that you believe are significantly improved or adjusted from the standard table settings so I could test those? thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?