Pokemon Pinball Pup Pack + Table

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    TCDeez
    Participant
      @dimercu9

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=183981

Hey Everyone,

First off, thank you to everyone who helped me on my first Pup-Pack build. It was a great learning experience; and, while this has a lot of room for improvement, I am happy with being able to put this together and have it functioning for everyone to enjoy.

Special thanks to John Memeo for constant back and forth help and adjustments to Pup screens, David Deakin on sound editing to the original table, Opecki Derpesntein on the Flex DMD implementation, and Joey Beaulieu on the Overlay Artwork!

I am sure I will continue to iterate and update both the table and the Pup to be cleaner as I learn more, but for now, I will move on to some new projects.

Hope you enjoy what is a great mod on the original table by JP Salas.

9 users thanked author for this post.
      Joey Beaulieu
      Participant
        @godisnothere

Great work man! Hope to see more form you in the future! Im exited to try this out. Cheers! :yahoo:

The Overlayer Slayer

TCDeez
        Participant
          @dimercu9

Thanks! Already working on the next one with a few others. This one is far from perfect, but a great first start and learned s great deal.

apprecaite the feedback!

mrfireshots
          Participant
            @mrfireshots

it doesnt seem to place the topper in that slot at the bottom of the backglass, its just defaulting to where my topper is.

edit: yeah i think you are missing the screen pos for the topper in the pup pack, its blank so my topper is just going wherever.  I think  a couple of screen pos might be off, because the ball lost graphics are appearing on my dmd also.

edit2: figured it out, the topper and screen 13 both need to have the custompos set to 2,29.25,79,39.80,19.75   That worked for me.

force10wind
            Participant
              @force10wind

awesome! Thanks for all the hard work.

Heinz

barto107
              Participant
                @barto107

awesome! Thanks for all the hard work.

Heinz

doesn’t work for me :( i did what you said and i’ve got no more images on my topper and an image sometimes on  that slot at the bottom of the backglass ?

GogglesPiasano
                Participant
                  @gogglespiasano

Hi,  Will this only run with FlexDMD?  It keeps throwing script errors.

Thanks! :bye:

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

Hi, Will this only run with FlexDMD? It keeps throwing script errors.
                    Thanks! :bye:

That’s the way it looks go here read the complete topic install flexDMD to only control the flexDMD Tables
                    https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=43569&hl=

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    TCDeez
                    Participant
                      @dimercu9

Yea I have it defaulted to Topper, which I have in that location for the time being.

If you have another location for your topper, you may consider using a different Overlay (included in the pack) to eliminate that box all together. It depends on your set-up, adjust accordingly!

royston
                      Participant
                        @royston

trying to get my son into vp this might just do it, cheers for this table and pup pack :good:

edizzle
                        Participant
                          @edizzle

Hello,

I’ve been trying to get this table to run cause my kids love Pokemon, but for the life of me I can’t get past the “activeX can’t create object flexdmd” error.  Everything is registered in the Flexdmd installer.  I have other tables utilizing PUP that work fine, but this might be the first table I tried using flexdmd.  I believe that this version (Mario mod) has the flexdmd scripts implemented, so there isn’t a need for any manual script changes, correct?  I have updated to the latest PUP but can’t seem how to figure out how to get past that activeX error.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Rafael Tetsuo
                          Participant
                            @rafaeltetsuo

edit2: figured it out, the topper and screen 13 both need to have the custompos set to 2,29.25,79,39.80,19.75 That worked for me.

Hi mrfireshots.
                            I used your custompos set and fit perfectly.
                            But for both Topper and Backglass, I get only the background videos. So nothing else shows up.
                            Would you mind to share an image of your entire screens.pup, playlists.pup and triggers.pup?
                            I know I’m asking a lot of stuff, but I tried to change a few things, but no success.
                            Thank you.

edit: I figured it out. Everything is  working just fine!

junktape
                            Participant
                              @junktape

EDIT: I’m revising my previous text in light of some new info.  I’m still very new to the hobby.  I wanted to say I really love this table which I believe began as a JP table that was later revised as “Mario Mod.”  It of course allows me to bridge the hobby to my daughter who is a huge Pokemon fan.  The only issue I keep having with this pup pack is that no version of the table, even when renamed “pokemon_pinball” seems to properly trigger the pup pack.    The initial backglass loads on my external monitor (I have a 2 screen setup,) and the pup pack editor in pinup popper tells me that the triggers are working…   Yet when I play the game nothing triggers any of the pup videos during gameplay.   I just get the spinning pokemball animation in the middle of the backglass frame.   Are the game videos on another layer?  I’ve tried changing the pup display config but so far to no avail.    The only other layer I can see or manipulate is the topper, (which appears to be a loop of the pokemon video game.)

Can anyone please advise on how I might continue to troubleshoot this issue?  Or provide a link (I’ve tried several FAQs already but no luck so far.)   It is the only pup pack out of about thirty that I’ve had this kind of issue with…    Please and thank you!

Dan M.

That's all folks!

junktape
                              Participant
                                @junktape

Hi Rafael, I’m Dan and I think I’m having a similar issue to you regarding the backglass videos for this pup.  You mentioned fixing your issue so I was hoping you might be able to share how that was done.

After following all the steps in this thread I was unable to get any of the triggered video events to display on my backglass in this pup.   I know the videos are there, and used pinup’s pack editor to confirm the triggers work, but nothing during gameplay seems to trigger the videos.   Is it a script issue?  Are the videos on a unique layer of some kind?

I’m new to the hobby so my troubleshooting is still pretty limited but I’ve been googling the issue like mad for a solution.   Any help would be appreciated – if the advice works for me as well I’ll share it with the thread in case others have the problem.   I think this is a great table for introducing young people like my daughter to the hobby, and the pup pack really brings the table to life.

Much thanks

Dan

That's all folks!

spidermandan
                                Participant
                                  @spidermandan

nvm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?