Popper 1.4 Text Zones! YOU can choose what you want to see, and how it looks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Popper 1.4 Text Zones!

These pics show examples of what you can do with the new upcoming Custom Text Zone options.

You can have 8 custom Text Zones for each four main Wheel types (32 Text Zones total, so far):

HOME Screen (playlist wheel highlighted)
      Playlist wheel highlighted
      Game wheel highlighted
      Game Menu

You can choose (so far) from the following Popper database fields for what content will display in each Text Zone:

Game Screen Name:
      Manufacturer:
      Year:
      PlayList:
      # of Games:
      Emulator:
      File / Game Version:
      Number of Players:
      Game Type:
      Author:
      Game Theme:
      Rating:
      IPDB #:
      Category:
      Tags:
      Game Name:
      Game FileName:
      Rom:
      Time:

You can now also choose to have YOUR choice of a Prefix to most of the Database options. Such as

AUTHORS: G5K, Sliderpoint
      VERSION: 1.2
      TYPE: EM
      TAGS: SSF, PUP-PACK
      WITH 69 GAMES
      PLAYERS: 4

which could be changed to…

AUTH: G5K, Sliderpoint
      VER: 1.2
      MACHINE TYPE: EM
      FEATURES: SSF, PUP-PACK
      FEATURING 69 TABLES
      PL: 4

You can have a different prefix for each Wheel Type as well. You can also choose to have no prefix at all.

You can also simply choose to display your own Custom Text in each of the 32 Zones as well! You can have a Home Screen Text greeting with instructions on how to use the cabinet.,etc.

You can customize any of the following for each of the 32 Text Zones:

Font
      Colour
      Size
      Max Characters
      x and y positioning
      Enable / Disable each Text Zone

Now you can have exactly what YOU want on your front end. You can “choose” to show anything or nothing!

I recommend  you take advantage of Popper’s excellent database features! Dux’s hard work on the VPX database can now shine!

All of this will be easily changeable in the pupmenuscript.pup file. I have everything very neatly organized and easy to find and edit. Just remember… Javascript is mean….so Case sensitivity matters and so does that damn ;

I am new to Javascript…. so bear with me…but it’s coming along nicely! I’m trying to create a flexible “standard” that will make my job at creating config files for different layouts (landscape, portrait, ARC on BG,etc) much easier…. and also allow for “themes” to be much easier to create in the future.

Coming with Popper 1.4’s eventual release!

GAME MENU (I like being able to see all the authors of each table! Something I haven’t seen used with other front ends before?)

GAME Highlighted

HOME SCREEN (with custom TEXT)

HOME SCREEN with different fonts

PLAYLIST Wheel Highlighted

TEXT ZONES

1 user thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

Popper 1.4, Game Details (full page) Database Text…and flyers!

Now that I’m almost done adding the Custom Text Zones to Popper 1.4…I wanted to add one more thing. When you highlight the Game Details (GameInfo) wheel, it will display all the main Popper Database fields for the table! AS for flyers…not to worry! When you “select” Game Details, the text goes away and the flyers still appear. Only now I edited the pinupmenu pack so that the flyers will appear above the ARC and in “proper” aspect ratio! This looks MUCH better than trying to fill the entire screen with the flyer all stretched out! I am THE anti-bad_aspect_ratio_guy!

The Text….like the new Text Zones feature…can be customized for size, font, colour, max characters, positioning, prefixes, etc…

…and yes this text being displayed is optional.

I can’t wait to get back to PuP-Packs…

TerryRed
          @terryred

POPPER 1.4, will now have Custom System Menu TEXT!!!

So…not to be content with adding in 32 custom Text Zones…32 custom Prefixes… full page Game Details that all can be customized (colour, font, size, position, max characters, etc) and use Popper’s database info for each game in all the above…. I had one last thing to add in.

User customizable Popper System Menu Text for EVERY Popper function!

Do you hate what your front end shows with the Text that appears for things like Record Menus, Instructions, Favorites, Exit System, Add to Favorites, Most Played, Recently Played, Passcode, etc?

Do you want to add info specific to your cabinet such as instructions for using specific buttons to Record with, or Navigate with?

Do you want your cabinet to be more fun than typical boring menus?

Do you speak a language besides English and wish you could make the menus show text in your own language with content of your choosing?

Well with my new Text Zone update being added to Popper 1.4 (still in beta testing, not released yet!)…you CAN have it your way!

(or be boring too and have normal text, or none at all still if you want)

@randr

3 users thanked author for this post.
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I’ll need to show Kristen that :) she does have high score on our TZ from 20 years ago and it’s still on there! No joke no idea how batteries held it that long.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

TerryRed
              @terryred

I’ll need to show Kristen that :) she does have high score on our TZ from 20 years ago and it’s still on there! No joke no idea how batteries held it that long.

I remembered that from your video, so that’s what made me think of it. I’m amazed the batteries haven’t leaked after all this time.  (the sad death to many circuit boards in pinball)

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Yeah must be due to having it in the house the whole time I suppose.

Anyways the front end looks nice but I assume the thing must be demanding a very high end system by now? Might force some to upgrade now? Or is it no more resource hungry then before?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

You don’t swap your batteries regularly Jason?!

Terry:  This is coming along superbly!  The option for languages will come in handy here, a few francophone only guests have played the machine and this would be a more pleasant experience for them

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Yeah must be due to having it in the house the whole time I suppose.

Anyways the front end looks nice but I assume the thing must be demanding a very high end system by now? Might force some to upgrade now? Or is it no more resource hungry then before?

It’s not more demanding…nothing has changed in that respect. The only change would be that it may be not as smooth in 4K on a low-end systems if using this T-ARC (Tarcisio ARC)  image layout. (any higher resolution wheel screen and image needs more cpu)  The wheels would simply not move quite as smooth on a low end system. This doesn’t impact the videos, etc.

The T-ARC ran fine on my older i5 2500K (8 year old CPU) in 4K.

So far in beta testing, everyone who has tried the T-ARC in HD and 4K has had no problems and it’s been running great for them. (just a a few need to setup their GPU driver correctly for proper RGB colour for transparent video to work)

Transparent 24 bit videos may need a bit more CPU…but again no performance problems from anyone testing it so far. Transparent video is optional on any pup screen. It just changes how the VLC window is used….the videos are just normal videos using black as a transparent colour by default.

Again though, you have the choice to use the ARC layout, or the standard BAR still, with or without text….or without any BAR or ARC image either.

Reception so far in 1.4 Beta has been very positive.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

You don’t swap your batteries regularly Jason?!

Terry: This is coming along superbly! The option for languages will come in handy here, a few francophone only guests have played the machine and this would be a more pleasant experience for them

Hahaha…you know…it’s pretty bad when I touted the options of using your own text for the menus with a different language (you just enter anything you want really)….and yet I’m Canadian living across the river from Quebec…and it never occurred to me that this feature could be used for a bilingual cabinet to show both English and French at the same time!

Now this truly is a Canadian made front-end! :)

Mark70
                      Participant
                        @mark70

Great looking features!
                        I wonder if flyers can have more than one page, can you click through the pages with the flipper buttons?

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Great looking features!

I wonder if flyers can have more than one page, can you click through the pages with the flipper buttons?

Yes…both Game Info (flyers) and Instruction Video can have more than one files…and yes you can cycle through them with flipper buttons.

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Popper 1.4 Text Zones and Flyers Demo:

This videos shows a new big update to Popper 1.4 I’ve been working on called Text Zones. This allows you to display your own custom text, or Popper database info from each game…where you want… with any colour, font, size you want…and any prefix you want. This also includes any of the Popper System functions. This is also great for those who don’t speak English, and want to display everything in their own language!

This T-ARC Theme will be available (as an option) with Popper 1.4’s release. Coming soon…

HUGOGAMES
                            Participant
                              @hugogames

Hello,
                              I have no text that appears in zone 1 and 2
                              however table information is present
                              there are also buttons that I don’t have (game info, add to favorites, instructions)
                              I forgot something ?
                              however I did the automatic installation as recommended
                              I have version 1.4.5 and T-arc option 1 pf landscape 4k

Eric

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?