Popper and Pinsound Studio?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jdsabin1
    Participant
      @jdsabin1

Long time PinballX user and just migrated to the latest Popper. It’s a steep learning curve but I am amazed at the customization and so far so good. There are a handful of tables that I have been running with Pinsound Studio (Elvis and Tommy to name a few) that really add to the game experience. With PinballX I was starting each VPX table with a bat file that called Pinsound Studio and then killing it when I exited the table. Is there a straightforward way to call Pinsound Studio in a similar way in Popper? I did some searches and found something on the wiki that referenced some sql code but that was way above my pay grade ;).

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks!

Gwen
      Participant
        @gwen

Sure,  if you open  popper settings, go to global settings/startup- there are two windows you can put commands in for starting and closing pinup popper.  I put in the following:

Startup window:

D:\
        cd \DirectOutput
        Startup.bat

Close window:

D:\
        cd \DirectOutput
        Exit.bat

You can use the same batch files you used for PinballX .  And if you need to make changes you just update your batch files.  You can of course also just put the commands from your batch files directly into the script windows in pinup popper setup if you prefer.

Note:  of course you will need to change the paths and file names above to match your setup.

Gwen
        - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

1 user thanked author for this post.
        h0pp4z
        Participant
          @h0pp4z

I’ve recognized that pinsound studio 18.8.3 is raising the handles in taskmgr (windows 10).

Handles without pinsound are around 44000 and I wondered why the pin is getting slower… and seen values around 90000…

So I’m thinking about starting it in the startup of the emulator… and still looking for a possibility to get it started minimized… without minimize it after startup…

Maybe there is a dummy driver for a dummy screen which does not exist… and start it on this one?

Lars

sharkus
          Participant
            @sharkus

Here’s an AHK script to start PinSound minimized.  Instructions are provided in the comments on how to start and stop with popper:  https://github.com/sharkusk/pinup-popper-scripts/blob/main/pinsound_launch.ahk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?