Popper crash frequently when set to launch on Windows start

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sniiki
    Participant
      @sniiki

I have Windows task set to launch Popper in admin mode (task to avoid any UAC promts). It works fine in general, but sometimes especially when my pincab has been without use for a while it crashes with “random” errors. Random meaning errors are different and a bit strange. Windows updates are permanently disabled in my cab so nothing special should be happening even after a longer break.

For instance last time this happened the Popper gave me an error “Wheel bar NOT FOUND!!” and just froze up in black screen and had to kill the process from task manager. It launched fine manually after that and also fine via Windows startup launcher after system reboot. Can’t unfortunately recall the other errors I’ve been getting.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

its probably just windows starting it too soon.  have it launch the popper startup batch and put a “timeout /t 5”  before launching popper.

Westworld
        Participant
          @westworld

I had the same issue and tried to delay some seconds, up to 120 seconds. As longer I waited, as better it worked – but never 100%.

Good: updating to 1.4 solved all, it simply worked. As the issues was “random” I don’t know if I had the same as you have – but if you are not yet on 1.4, give it a try!

sniiki
          Participant
            @sniiki

Thanks for the replies guys.
            I once tried running stuff in admin mode via batch file and it didn’t work so I never actually tried the batch file on wiki and just instead used a task. Should do the same though.

I just installed 1.4 and thought the same and hoped it’ll fix this, even though nothing related was mentioned in update notes. I’ll report after some time if the problem went away with 1.4 for me too.

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

nothing was done/changed in how it starts up with windows.  if it runs manually fine, but issues on windows startup… its always a windows/timing/launching problem.

batch file is best to startup as gives you more control and if you run things like doflinx then it needs to run before Popper and Doflinx needs a few seconds to start DOF before Popper starts so you need a timeout in batch…etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?