Popper exit table issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cod3oz
    Participant
      @cod3oz

So i can see this has been posted before without a possible fix, but thought i would post my situation regardless as its a little different and hopefully someone can help me figure what simple thing i am missing :)

So i have installed The Arcade Pinball into popper and its loads tables no issues and exits fine also .. but this is where my problem starts, upon exiting back to popper 95% of the time, i am greeted by the wheel which functions perfectly, However the playfield, wheel text and menu music does not appear like the wheel has,

I can still exit popper as the wheel is fully functional and the keyboard/cabinet exit button works fine and then reboot it up and all is working again, but I’m playing in a cabinet and its not ideal to have pull the mouse out to reboot,

Now i have Vpx and FP installed and both work flawlessly without this issue, I have installed the t-arc theme (vertical) and have done so correctly, I have tried making sure everything is not marked for administrator rights and have also tried with administrator rights, I’m running out of ideas ?

I am using a single screen modified vertical arcade 1up cabinet, so secondary screens etc to set up, so i can only really play FP,FSS Vpx,TPA,FX3 etc, and its driving me nuts as to what the issue is, any help appreciated, Thanks in advance

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

you’re describing what happens when VLC media driver has crashed.  It can happen with some people, but happens when emulators do ‘weird’ video things like change resolutions from windows native, or go into full screen exclusive modes.  Play with the video options/settings of TPA.

if you’re doing things like rotate screens then most have success with irotate utility and you can enable ‘safe return’ in popper emulator config.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Cod3oz
        Participant
          @cod3oz

you’re describing what happens when VLC media driver has crashed. It can happen with some people, but happens when emulators do ‘weird’ video things like change resolutions from windows native, or go into full screen exclusive modes. Play with the video options/settings of TPA.

if you’re doing things like rotate screens then most have success with irotate utility and you can enable ‘safe return’ in popper emulator config.

I have already tried changing settings in TPA ,but to no avail my screen resolution is identical in all emulators also as its permanently in portrait mode  and have everything set up to coincide with that, I did try changing to the dx9 version of TPA as it had some extra options for full screen windowed etc but for the life of me couldn’t get it to recognise any key/button commands for popper  swapped back to TPA dx11 and key/button commands were working again,

The Vlc route is something  i have not gone down yet however, So will look into it more, makes sense as pinup player etc are still all active in task manager but achieving nothing, many thanks for taking the time to respond to my post ,i will have a tinker and post back the results :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?