Popper scroll lag

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Genesis38
    Participant
      @genesis38

I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced some lag while scrolling through the game wheels on Popper? For some reason, mine seem to lag a bit which is really annoying. Even PinballX scrolls through the games fast compared to Popper and can’t figure out why this would be.

Any suggestions fellows?

Thanks in advance.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

1>  is it always?  it will be really laggy the first time it creates the wheel cache.  so if you ever reset thumbs it will be slow until all the wheel cache is done.

2> are you running the wrong wheelbar resolution.  don’t use a 4k wheelbar on a 1080p screen for example as thats just wasting cpu resizing…

Genesis38
        Participant
          @genesis38

Thank you Nailbuster. It seems to run lazy most of the time, even after I reset the wheels thumb and I am using a 4K wheelbar on my 4K setup, but I will give it another look tonight when I get home.

kds70
          Participant
            @kds70

I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced some lag while scrolling through the game wheels on Popper? For some reason, mine seem to lag a bit which is really annoying. Even PinballX scrolls through the games fast compared to Popper and can’t figure out why this would be.

Any suggestions fellows?

Thanks in advance.

Same here. Just upgraded my setup to a 4K playfield and a GTX 1070 and modified my popper frontend to terrys 4K wheelbar.

The wheelbar is lagging like yours. Btw. the 1080p wheelbar was lagging too. All other things are running perfect (VPX etc.)

I´ve took a look into taskmanager; while scrolling the wheelbar the cpu (3 ghz intel quadcore q6600, 10 years old :unsure: ) wents to 80-90% while scrolling.

I think it depends on my old cpu :cry:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Correct….Popper uses mostly CPU and barely any GPU….so a Q6600 may struggle. I had an i5 2500K and it struggled a little in 4K.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?