This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  NailBuster 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
     Gwen 
    Participant

I am having trouble getting the pinup system to work properly.  I am running windows 10 64 bit OS.  I followed the install instructions, installed VLC first ( I have tested with versions 2.08 and 2.28 both), then installed the pinup system 1.36 final and the 1.37 pinupdisplay update and ran the video setup.  All windows are displaying as expected at that point.

I then ran the pinup test app and check both VLC and then pinup display.  No problems here.

I have Stranger Things SE 3.39 installed and copied the folder to the pupvideos folder.  When I launch Stranger Things the table, DMD, and Backglass video load just fine.  But when the backglass video reaches the end of the first loop Pinup Display stops responding and the video freezes.

I also have Clue installed and put the clue popup video folder in the pupvideos folder.  When I launch Clue the table runs fine but the backglass does not load at all.

I could really use some assistance getting this sorted out.

Thanks!

Gwen

NailBuster 
    ModeratorMember

have you tried others like Tron/Avatar/T2 PuP-Packs?  do they work ok? or have you just tried these two?

Gwen 
    Participant

Just the two so far.  I will try a few others and see what happens.

Queniart 
    Participant

Bonjour a tous moi g toujour des problem avec batman de puis la mise a jour pinup

deaks 
    Participant

Yer I have the same problem player runs for a bit then freezes. did you find a resolution?

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit VLC? I thought it needs the 32-bit version specifically.

Gwen 
    Participant

No resolution yet.  I managed to get Tron Legacy to work ok.  But I am having problems with most of the pup packs I have tried.  MOTU does the same thing as Stranger Things, the backglass loads and runs to the end of the loop then pupdisplay freezes and is unresponsive.

The same thing happens when I run the packs from the pup pack test app too.

And yes, I am running 32 bit VLC 2.28.

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Try turning off the “eyes” (screen 8) for the pack using the PuP-Pack Editor and see if that helps.

A couple of people had an issue with that pup screen (they must not be setup correctly somehow)…and that will cause an issue.

It comes down to probably not having ALL your PuP screens setup correctly or rotated, as these Packs use those screens for now. 1.3.8 PuP (not released yet) allows for screens 11 and higher to be used for PuP-Packs (so they wont interfere with Popper screens).

TerryRed 

You can edit the screens.pup for the pup-pack and try to change the eyes to another screen number not being used and see if that works. Find:

8,Other2/Topper2,Eyes,”Eyes Black.mp4″,0,ForceBack,,”2,31,4,37.5,14.5″

and try changing it to another pup screen that isnt used already in the pack like:

9,Other2/Topper2,Eyes,”Eyes Black.mp4″,0,ForceBack,,”2,31,4,37.5,14.5″

and see if that works better.

TerryRed 

…but you would need to change all the triggers that use screen 8 to match your new screen number as well.

flaype 
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     TerryRed 

This quote contains content marked as private.

You need to have VSYNC properly enabled in VPX settings and not have any forced settings in your GPU driver.

flaype 
    Participant

You need to have VSYNC properly enabled in VPX settings and not have any forced settings in your GPU driver.

I tried it, reinitialized my gpu settings, VSYNC is Activated only in VPX. But same freezes on POTC.

On spiderman Pup pack i have an issue on exit table, a part on the backglass stays displayed :/…

Config : Core i7 4770s / 16 Go DDR3 1600 / SSD 256 Go / GTX 1080 Ti
    Cab : 40" 4K - 3 screens

flaype 
    Participant

I used Force Fullscreen mode to auto activate my playfield as master screen on pupped table (otherwise i need to clic on playfield to play  :( ).

But, Force Fullscreen mode option is not allowed to play on Ghostbuster Stern Table, and it is one of my favorite table :(

Can we activate Force Fullscreen mode only pupped table ? And How ? Or desactivate Fullscreen mode only on Ghostbuster Stern ?

You said :

This can also be set per-table in the Table’s “User Customization” options, so check that as well.

Where is that option ?

outhere 
    Participant

It would be best to start new topic on this..
    I need to clic on playfield to play —> should work either way full screen or not….
    Ghostbusters should run either way full screen or not….
    Tell us a little bit about your set up –  type of front end,  Specialty hardware,  Any special software running …
    Sometimes antivirus programs screw things up….
    Are you running programs as administrator or not…

flaype 
    Participant

Problem Solved about clicking on playfield.

In fact, vpx must be set on Force Fullscreen mode with pinup. Otherwise, i need to click on my playfield to play.

Ghostbuster Stern doesnt work with Force fullscreen mode on my pc.

I’m going in the registry editor and set the rom to DDRAW=0 and Ghostbuster works with FFS mode. (hkey local user / software / freeware / vpinmame / spagb100 )

So now, it works, and pupped table works without having to click on playfield. Great. :D

Im on pinup 1.3.7

Win 10 64 bits – core i7 4770s + 1080 Ti + 16 Go DDR3

Vpx 10.6 & sambuild 4696

No antivirus, only windows defender activated.

I have still issues with :

1. freezes on several videos on POTC puppack
    2. The walking dead works on 15 FPS when the puppack is activated -_-
    3. Spiderman puppack works fine with vpx, but with pinup when i close the table, a layer still displayed (frame with spiderman & venom only)…

SmooveJY 
    Participant

I am having trouble getting the pinup system to work properly. I am running windows 10 64 bit OS. I followed the install instructions, installed VLC first ( I have tested with versions 2.08 and 2.28 both), then installed the pinup system 1.36 final and the 1.37 pinupdisplay update and ran the video setup. All windows are displaying as expected at that point.

I then ran the pinup test app and check both VLC and then pinup display. No problems here.

I have Stranger Things SE 3.39 installed and copied the folder to the pupvideos folder. When I launch Stranger Things the table, DMD, and Backglass video load just fine. But when the backglass video reaches the end of the first loop Pinup Display stops responding and the video freezes.

I also have Clue installed and put the clue popup video folder in the pupvideos folder. When I launch Clue the table runs fine but the backglass does not load at all.

I could really use some assistance getting this sorted out.

Thanks!

Gwen

I am having the same issue with Stranger Things SE 1.42.  The backglass screen loads on my second monitor, it plays initially (showing Stranger Things title and animated fireflies / dust motes), then that screen freezes and stays frozen even after VPX is shut down.  The table is playable, the Ultradmd plays fine, but there is no music and no videos.  I’ve got the media files in the PUPVideos folder (STLE as folder name).  Tried a clean install on a different computer and had the same issue.  Using VPX 10.6, SAM 3.2 build r4707, B2S Backglass Server 1.3.0.1, PinUPSystem_B2s_Server_Custom, Dmdext v.1.7.2, and PinUpSystemInstall_v1_3_6_final (updated to 1.3.7).  And VLC 2.2.8 32bit.

By contrast, Tron PUP Edition works in terms of launching videos, which show up on the monitor designated for the backglass, but no backglass image shows up for some reason.

I’m clearly doing something wrong, but can’t for the life of me figure out what.  And even with more tables than I have time to play already on my system, this is the one I really want!  Any and all thoughts appreciated.  I’m still relatively new to VPX, but the quality of these tables consistently astounds me.

joselito40 
    Participant

I have the same problem with AVATAR and MOTU.

They start the game correctly, but when they spend 10-20 seconds the video freezes and does not respond.

I have tried other PUP-pack and they work well.

Have you been able to find a solution?

Thanks

NailBuster 
    ModeratorMember

if you run vlc manually.  check its help/about and make sure you’re running vlc v2.2.8 32-bit

the default is for it to auto-update so perhaps its changed on your without you knowing.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account