Problems with screen recording

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NetzZwerg
    Participant
      @netzzwerg

First of all: english is not my native language, so please ignore my mistakes :-) I hope you will understand my problem.

I have installed the Final 1.3 plus the 1.3.4 update and followed the tutorial instructions by Terry. Now I am trying to record all media for the frontend but it does not work. I am running a 4 Monitor Cab with 4K playfield on windows 10.  I tried to change the recordstart.bat like it is mentioned in the tutorial of the wiki by nailbuster, but I can not find the lines to change…seems like I have a different version of the file.

The problem: As soon as I hit the record button  I can hear the female voice, telling me that recording has startet. But when I hit the record button again she says: “Recording is complete” and immediately I hear the male voice telling me that conversion has done. Afterwards I can hear the funny Music in a loop which never stops unless I kill the task in the task manager…

Any help appreciated :scratch:

EDIT:

After a restart I am now able to record the BG and DMD without problems, but as soon as I try to record the playfield (4K) it records the media I did before… which results in weather DMD or BG appearing on the playfield in the frontend…hmmm.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

couple of things:

for 4K recording you need to setup like this:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=recording_table_media

also,  there’s 3 log files in your recording folder that will tell you the problem with recording.  I’m 99% sure your playfield problem is that your pupdisplay setup has your screen dimension larger than your physical screen. (like negative x,y positions..)

1 user thanked author for this post.
        NetzZwerg
        Participant
          @netzzwerg

Thanks for the fast help. You were right with the dimensions, there was some kind of overlapping of the displays. After I changed it to the right dimensions, the wheelbar changed from horizontal to vertical by itself and I am not able to change it, no matter what I select in the setup. Also I am not able to change the position… and also the recording problem still persists.

Thanks for the link, but for me it is kind of confusing to set it up, because my recordstart.bat file looks different from the one in the tutorial. I dont have an entry like “if %7% == 3 goto ffmpeg”… I think I am missing something…

EDIT:

Now I realise that it is only recording the BG, no matter what I choose to record in the frontend, but put the image in the dmd or playfield folder. :wacko:

Also when I hit record there is no more female voice but a sound like a windows error message. When I hit alt/tab, I don´t see any message…as soon as I hit record again, the voice and music comes up as usual. I see no error message inside the 2 logfiles that I have found.

EDIT 2:

Now it is getting weird: No matter which table I record, it is recording the same BG of the TwentyFour table for all tables…

For example when I record the DMD for the AFM table, after the recording process it will show the TwentyFour BG inside the AFM DMD…very strange :scratch:

When I delete the files in the popmedia folder, this issue is still repeating.

NetzZwerg
          Participant
            @netzzwerg

I did a fresh reinstall and all problems got solved. This program is awesome, thumbs up for your great works and for sharing it with the community!!!

Regards :bye:

sniiki
            Participant
              @sniiki

I have problem with recordings too. Testing it first time and when I hit record, I used to hear female voice during starting of the recording but now I also hear but only hear a windows sound that is usually played when a key is pressed but not registered (just a regular blim).
              EDIT: Ok so recording.txt seems to be some sort of status memory (why?)  and deleting it gives me “starting recording” voice again but otherwise problem remains the same.

When I stop recording I get the recording stop verification voice and also voice that tells encoding started. Music keeps then playing forever and I must kill everything manually (stop playsound from task manager etc.).

Record stop log shows that the temporary file is never created. I’m running pinupmenu in admin mode.

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>rem Parameters : <"C:\PinUPSystem\POPMedia\Visual Pinball X\PlayField\AC-DC Pro Vault-1.0" output full name with path> <3 #display #> > <0 Rotation></sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>rem need to process output.mp4 now "C:\PinUPSystem\POPMedia\Visual Pinball X\PlayField\AC-DC Pro Vault-1.0" is the output filename!</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>set vtrim=0</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>start /WAIT playsound recordend.mp3</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>if exist recffmpeg.var goto ffmpeg</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>if exist recgpu.var goto gpu</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>altf9.exe</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>timeout /T 3</sub>

<sub>Waiting for 3 seconds, press a key to continue ...210</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>cd Video</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings\Video>FOR /R %F IN (*.mp4) DO set filename=%F</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings\Video>cd ..</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>set vtrim=7</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>goto recode</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>start playsound encoding.mp3 loop</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>if 0 == 180 (ffmpeg -y -i "" -c:v libx264 -preset medium -crf 26 -ss 7 -profile:v baseline -vf "transpose=2,transpose=2" -pix_fmt yuv420p -an output.mp4 ) ELSE (ffmpeg -y -i "" -c:v libx264 -preset medium -crf 26 -ss 7 -profile:v baseline -pix_fmt yuv420p -an output.mp4 )</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>copy /y output.mp4 "C:\PinUPSystem\POPMedia\Visual Pinball X\PlayField\AC-DC Pro Vault-1.0".mp4</sub>
              <sub>The system cannot find the file specified.</sub>

<sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings>del ""</sub>
              <sub>C:\PinUPSystem\Recordings\*, Are you sure (Y/N)?</sub>

sniiki
              Participant
                @sniiki

Got it working.
                Not sure what was the reason but I assume it was nvidia driver issue after Windows 10 update as my display order was messed up too etc. Did clean driver reinstall and now it’s working at least in GPU mode. Earlier I tried FFMPEG too but it didn’t work either.

sniiki
                Participant
                  @sniiki

So everything almost works. I get random corrupted video files during auto record run. File sizes are only few 100’s of kb’s and they crash the Popper video player. Wont open with other video players either. After deleting corrupted files they usually get recorded successfully.

Also have some problems with the menu system. I had 2 Batman tables (Stern and Data East) working fine and both showed correct videos while browsing tables. After one re-record run tho I now have Stern videos playing for both tables, for every screen (BG,DMD and playfield). Checked that video folders contain proper videos and they open up fine in another video player.

Edit: Ok so for some reason the media search had changed for Batman Data East (it was set to “Batman *” instead of blank field). This fixed the latter problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?