Pulsing Score Reel Reset

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

B2S spins all of the score reels continuously and very quickly to 00000 when resetting the score reels at the start of a game.  I’ve been working on making a subroutine that will reset the score reels on an EM machine by pulsing the reels five times with a slight pause and then pulsing them another five times just like a score motor would until all read 0.

The routine works great for a single player game but once more than one player’s reels need to be reset, B2S makes weird grinding sounds as the many reels reset.  I never realized that B2S put out sounds but it does and these sounds must be called a gazillion times to make them fuse into a grinding sound.  There is no way to turn off these sounds in the B2S editor or in the B2S bg settings so I started looking around.  I found an old post on another forum  that said that you can open up a B2S file in a text editor and insert “sound1 =”” Sound2=”” …  Sound10=”” into each reel in the <Scores> section to overwrite all of the sounds that B2S makes.

This works great at removing these sounds, all you have to do is to inset a Playsound “Reel1” (or whatever reel sound you have) command into your script whenever the B2SSetScoresPlayer or B2SSetReel is called to make sound occur from VP.  Happy times…

Scottacus
      Participant
        @scottacus
        MembervipContributor

1 user thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Video!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

I love it. How hard would it be to convert any random EM game with this script?

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Sounds like a b2s edit would be all that is needed.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great idea Scottacus.  I did something similar on Jive Time if you want to check it out.  I also manually removed reel sounds from the B2S so I could control them from the table script.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Scottacus
                Participant
                  @scottacus
                  MembervipContributor

I’m interested to see how you approached this in Jive Time so I’ll check that out after work.

Bord, to do this you would need to insert the subroutine and call it any time a command sets the B2S scores to zero.  The problem is hand editing the bg’s themselves which isn’t a big issue, just time consuming if you were to do a lot of tables. I’m hoping that someone out there knows how to turn off B2S sounds via script or some other easy to reach setting.

Randr, you would need to use the subroutine because B2S just rapidly spins the reels directly to zero.  The sub is basically a set of timers, the first looks at each digit in the score (via modulus)  and increases it by one with each timer loop and the second timer acts as a short delay before letting the first timer finish up the resets to zero.   That way you get a nice 5 pulse – delay – 5 pulse just like a score motor.  Just another way of inching VP closer to reality just like the spinner rod that I stole from BorgDog which is also very cool!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?