PUNCH OUT

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rivaldo85
    Participant
      @rivaldo85

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=190784

I UPLOADED THIS COUPLE DAYS AGO…BUT DELTED IT..

ATTACHED IS NEW FILE..EVERYTHING ORGANZIED PROPERLY NOW

1ST TABLE..1ST TIME USING PHOTOSHOP.

FEEL FREE TO MAKE ANY CHANGES AS NEEDED

ENJOY…

2 users thanked author for this post.
      elvinu
      Participant
        @elvinu

I UPLOADED THIS COUPLE DAYS AGO…BUT DELTED IT..

rivaldo85, thank you for your hard work on this table!

I’m a desktop single screen user and I had to make some tweaks to get things to look a little better. Here’s some of the things I did:

Pup13 wasn’t quite sized large enough when it appeared in my backglass (upper right corner of my screen).  See image below and the green arrows.

I adjusted Pup13’s CustomPos numbers (in the PupPack Editor) to the following in order to make it a little larger and positioned so there’d be no gaps. Note I’m playing on a 1920X1080 screen:

After these adjustments, my version looks like the one below.

new1

I noticed that Tigerking3screen.png had some errant leftover pixels and such; see arrows in image below.

new2

I cleaned a few of these up (but not all of them). Attached is my updated Tigerking3screen.png if you want to start with that.

It helps in Photoshop if you create a new layer, place that layer underneath your image, and then fill the new layer with a bright or dark contrasting color. It’ll help you spot those errant pixels.

Tigerking3screen

Thanks again for your hard work and re-uploading the files with the music folder. Looking forward to the other tables you’re working on.  I really like the pupvideos on this table; brings me back to ol’ times.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        dazzadasha
        Participant
          @dazzadasha

Thanks, but Im confused. Is it just a play-field, or is it a video game? I know its easy to DL and see for myself, but maybe adding a pic of the finished table would help.

elvinu
          Participant
            @elvinu

PUNCH OUT

And here’s a Wheel I made since I wanted to add it to Popper.

If you’ve already got one, please post yours.

Mike Tysons Punch Out v1.0

elvinu
            Participant
              @elvinu

Thanks, but Im confused. Is it just a play-field, or is it a video game? I know its easy to DL and see for myself, but maybe adding a pic of the finished table would help.

Here’s what it looks like:

Mike Tysons Punch Out v1.0

rivaldo85
              Participant
                @rivaldo85

thanks for making those changes..

i’m 45 so grew up on punch out…originally was gonna be old school pics/pup pack etc..but the NES pics are crap & wouldn’t look good, so i incoproated the wii u charactures etc…graphics are much better.

i’m not crazy about the colors of the table & i obvioulsy turned off some lights (i don’t know anything about lights etc..), but encourage anyone to do different colored playfield that may be better than the rollings stones table i modded….i have a nice list of what i will be making in the future.

Anchorman…..Rocky….Friday…Karate Kid……Hangover…….

leaning toward Friday or Anchorman next…

elvinu
                Participant
                  @elvinu

I’m having an issue where the ball doesn’t appear after entering coins and pressing ‘1’ to Start Game.

When setting up the camera for Desktop mode, I made sure the scale of X, Y, and Z are all set to 1.  Since it wasn’t defaulted this way, I thought that maybe setting them to 1 affected the ball’s path in and out of the initial launcher so I also shrunk the ball size to 45 in the script (original size was 50).  That didn’t seem to work.

I’ve also tried setting the nvram file (rollstob.nv) to “read only” and that didn’t seem to change anything.

It doesn’t happen 100% of the time for me.  The ball will appear maybe 20% of the time.

Anyone else having this issue and if so, do you have a fix?

rivaldo85
                  Participant
                    @rivaldo85

i have full cabinet…but no never had that issue..

elvinu
                    Participant
                      @elvinu

i have full cabinet…but no never had that issue..

I just installed Tiger King and Rolling Stones and the problem happens with those tables as well.  Someone else has the same problem with Rolling Stones so hopefully someone will have a solution.

I haven’t read Tiger King’s Support Topic yet.  Maybe they have a solution.

elvinu
                      Participant
                        @elvinu

Problem solved!!!

iDigStuff from the Rolling Stones table suggested comparing this table to the JPSalas version.  The latter did work so I compared scripts and found that this table has solenoids set to 2 while the JPSalas table had it set to 1.

I went into the script, changed the 2 to a 1, and now Mike Tyson is working again!!!

rivaldo85
                        Participant
                          @rivaldo85

how do you like table?

elvinu
                          Participant
                            @elvinu

how do you like table?

I don’t play the Visual Pinball tables for fun . . .  I just spend time trying to get a table to work, play it a couple times, and then move on to the next table like everyone else  ;D   Just kidding.

Actually not completely kidding.  There are so many tables coming out almost everyday, I don’t have time to play any of them that much anymore and it seems like all my time is spent getting them to work properly.

Back to your game . . .

Since I’m not familiar with the Rolling Stones table nor Tiger King, I can’t really comment on your table too much since I’m not sure of the differences.

However, when I do play your table, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do.  I’ll see videos of me training, then boxing, hitting opponents, getting hit.  I haven’t had the time to learn the rules yet and that’s my fault.

Before I played your table, however, I was hoping it would be similar to the video game:

Areas on the table to aim for a:

head shot

body shot

uppercut (when you get a star)

dodge left

dodge right

Then if I’m in a boxing match, I was hoping to get visual and/or audio cues to tell me to aim for certain areas or dodge and if I was successful in hitting those spots within a certain time period, I’d win and move on to the next opponent.

If your table already does something like this, I apologize for not noticing.

Also, if I’m in a training mode like I saw with the running video, I suppose I could try and hit the dodge left and dodge right areas to simulate running.

I guess since I’ve been playing more SlamT1lt tables, I’m getting used to those types of rules and things to do within time periods for success.

At any rate, I’ll try to spend more time on your table . . . though SlamT1lt just released Blade Runner today which I’ve been waiting for, for a very long time.

And then TerryRed’s gonna have F-14 out pretty soon . . .

forte
                            Participant
                              @forte

nice idea!, bummer i cant play it because i refuse to use pup player… not interested in bloating my pincab with useless videos that adds nothing to the gameplay, wish you could upload a simple version with backglass and not pinup player, cheers!

elvinu
                              Participant
                                @elvinu

not interested in bloating my pincab

That’s the reason why I don’t use fancy frontends that scrub for a ton of videos and images for an old game that’s only 64k.  ;p

I don’t have a ton of SDD Hard drive space on my laptop either so I resize all the pup videos to roughly 960×540 (from their original (1920X1080).  This saves a bunch of space.

I believe I’ve installed all 75 or so puppack tables and my PupVideos folder is around 30GB which I can handle.

Since I’m in desktop mode with the videos to the sides, I don’t have to lift my head to watch them.  I can view them in my periphery so they aren’t as distracting as if I were playing on a cabinet.

And they often remind me of the task I’m doing and what I have to aim for.

Also, I think most of the tables can be played without installing the pupvideos.  I turned off (renamed the pupvideo folder for Mike Tyson) when I was testing for the problem I mention above.  When I found the solution, the table worked fine with the videos still inactive.

rivaldo85
                                Participant
                                  @rivaldo85

the reason for the pup pack is that i don’t know how to make a backglass…no clue…

username
                                  Participant
                                    @username

Well this is completely unplayable for me since i dont even have PinUP. Honestly you could have taken the backglass file and just resized the artwork to fit with cutouts for the displays.

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

You can make a b2s file too, it’s a free program

outhere
                                        @outhere
                                        MemberContributorvipModerator

@rivaldo85  &  @username
                                        B2S Backglass Designer (v1.2)  — https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=40927&p=414013

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?