Punk resource project

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

looks like my kind of table though.. I wouldn’t mind taking a peek :)

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I have no doubt that LM can do this table. But, yes. Seems like someone I thought this would for perfectly for – just bit the hook ? I’m sure the LM also would do this table justice, but, it would be perfect for you guys since I picked up the news that even you are jumping on the blender wagon. One can’t deny the fact that tables that have been into the 3d programs just looks better. King of Gottlieb will forever be Loserman in my book. I’m sure we can all agree upon that.

Scotty VH
          @scottt
          ModeratorMember

I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I’m thinking BorgDog may be able to help!  32Assassin provided me his WIP as a pretty great start and I have an open thread with him re: next steps. BorgDog, I’ll send you a link to a WIP so you can see where things stand.

Scotty VH
            @scottt
            ModeratorMember

So I got some good input from BorgDog and 32Assassin, so I ended up shifting the playfield and plastics around again.  It still needs some adjustments, but things mostly align now, and should be pretty accurate to the real game.  Now that the graphics are mostly done, I will redraw the stuff that is still missing (the writing on the plastics, the additional pictures of punk rockers and radios, etc.

I’m struggling now with just basic things, like moving GI lights into place, adjusting the plastic materials so the lights underneath show, making wire guides — stupid stuff that with a bit of experience would probably go really quickly.  Is anyone interested in helping?

Screen Shot 02-09-19 at 12.09 PM

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

If you keep working on it you’ll gain experience to make it go faster next time.. no shortcuts :)

I’ll just uploaded an update of my gottlieb em template which has a variety of wire rails in it for easy copy paste.

I have widebody system 80 apron on hand to measure and make a model out of, so will probably start on that today so you can add that when I get it done.

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

I’m struggling now with just basic things, like moving GI lights into place, adjusting the plastic materials so the lights underneath show, making wire guides — stupid stuff that with a bit of experience would probably go really quickly.  Is anyone interested in helping?

copy and paste my friend copy and paste

GI lights

you might of noticed that all the GI lights are the same

I simply copy the 2 and go around pasting the same two lights on the PF

you might be struggling because they are part of a collection.

if you need to move them you are better of deleting them and pasting a new set.

wire guides

you can either copy and paste them from other tables if they work

thats what I did for the lower ones

but if you need to make new ones

add one ramp (Single wire) height of 25

change the wire diameter to match the real table

and add this at the end

Capture

I have 2 one of diameter 4 and the other for diameter 6

if you want lights to shine through your plastics just copy and paste my

plastic with a light  material,  I changed the opacity from 1 to 0.99

or change it to match your desired affect

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Attachments:
                bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Looks great, @scottt. You can skip shaping the GI to create shadows if you’d like. I’m happy to render out a shadow layer that will mask the lights for you. Just send me a copy of the table once all elements are 100% locked in place.

Scotty VH
                    @scottt
                    ModeratorMember

Now featuring two more Punk Rockers!  Notice the two new punk rockers to the right of the middle/center ?  They look pretty hardcore!  Still need to add the punk rocker with the boom box at the top left.  And of course, the lettering and group of three punk rockers on the plastics.

Screen Shot 02-17-19 at 08.28 PM

2 users thanked author for this post.
                    randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Very nice.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

Looking good, @scottt!

roccodimarco
                        Participant
                          @roccodimarco

DUDE!  This is looking awesome!  When I touched up the vp9 table, this is what I WISHED it could look like! Just a suggestion, in the script when it’s all said and done, maybe you could put in an option to switch the pop bumpers to red, because there were two versions.  A lot of the in the wild pictures of this table tend to have the red for whatever reason.  I personally like the white.

Scotty VH
                            @scottt
                            ModeratorMember

OH NO!  It looks like there are even more punk rockers now!  That punk rocker on the right looks like he has purple hair!  Plus that other one has pierced ears!  And that girl has spiked hair!  Also, we can see more of their spray paint where they’ve written the names of their favorite bands, including despicable acts like Depeche Mode, Talking Heads, The Clash, and Siouxsie and the Banshees!

Screen Shot 02-20-19 at 08.33 PM

roccodimarco
                            Participant
                              @roccodimarco

Any updates on this one?  I know you said you would be gone for a few week.  This is one table I’m really looking forward too!

Scotty VH
                                @scottt
                                ModeratorMember

roccodimarco

Sorry roccodimarco!  I’ve been occupied with all kinds of other stuff, and haven’t been a very good vpinball citizen lately.  I’ll try to get back into stuff this weekend.

Scotty VH
                                  @scottt
                                  ModeratorMember

And, a quick note… I did work on the lettering a bit more.  I will send you a link to the latest version soon.  You can release it as an updated version, a new release… however you want.

roccodimarco
                                  Participant
                                    @roccodimarco

And, a quick note… I did work on the lettering a bit more. I will send you a link to the latest version soon. You can release it as an updated version, a new release… however you want.

You should def release the table as your own.  All I did was rough re draw of the vp9 table,  This is way more than I did!   I just can’t wait to play this bad boy!

Scotty VH
                                      @scottt
                                      ModeratorMember

The WIP is posted.  I wish I had more time to learn everything I want to learn, to make everything nicer, etc.  But, I think this should be playable, and should help progress the preservation of pinball history.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?