PuP DMD no displaying correctly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Duffy
    Participant
      @duffy

I am having a problem with the positioning and sizing of my PuP DMD with the PinEvent tables of RetroFlair and Halloween. they are positioned correctly in my other VPX tables. Checked my PuP DMD settings and position and they are correct but when I launch these tables the DMD is too large and positioned wrong, I’m stumped :(

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I am having a problem with the positioning and sizing of my PuP DMD with the PinEvent tables of RetroFlair and Halloween. they are positioned correctly in my other VPX tables. Checked my PuP DMD settings and position and they are correct but when I launch these tables the DMD is too large and positioned wrong, I’m stumped :(

First… posting in the PinEvent Install guide post, or the PinEvent table posts would be a better spot.

You need to be more specific on “what” pupdmd you are using. DMD (4:1), or FullDMD (16:9)…and what your setup is…what kind of screen you are using for pupdmd,etc.

The PinEvent install guide tells you to be updated to pup 1.45, and it also tells you what pup displays you need to setup, and also tells you what the aspect ratio you MUST be using for each pup display (this is where most people mess up on their setup with pup).

You can’t just stretch and fill pup displays to any size/ratio you want, or the pupdmd text will NOT display correctly (this is a Windows font limitation).

If using FullDMD 16:9 setup for your middle screen, you need to have BOTH:

• pup MUSIC display (used for VPX tables and FullDMD, older standard)
        • and the pup FullDMD display (used for all PinEvent tables and FullDMD, new proper standard)

…setup correctly on your middle monitor, and they both MUST be using a proper 16:9 aspect ratio (1920×1080, 1366×768, 1280×720, etc).

If using a DMD display, you MUST be using a 4:1 ratio (1280×320,etc) for the pup DMD display.

(PuP 1.45 has new 16:9 and 4:1 buttons on the pup displays setup program that will take the current width of the pup display and make it either 16:9 or 4:1.)

Then you also MUST be using the correct pup-pack “option” for “your” setup that must also match your proper pupdmddrivertype (set in PinEvent_Settings.vbs).

So if you are using FullDMD, then pupdmddrivertype = 2, and your pup-pack option needs to be using a FullDMD.

All of this is covered in great detail in the PinEvent install guide (for proper Pinevent and pup setup), and the table install instructions (for proper pup-pack option choices).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?