PuP Pack Editor CustomPos

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

looks like part D was my issue. i fixed that and it seems good. doing more testing.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

That is a BIG one that people seem to miss…especially since Win 10 allows for each screen to set their own Text Scaling now. Many will set just the PF screen to 100 thinking they are good because Win 7 only had one setting for ALL screens.

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

How do you add this to a pup pack

It’s used to repurpose any PuP screen, by using another PuP screen’s “default” size and position as a refernce and starting point.

CustomPos entries are:

Reference Screen, x position %, y position %, x size %, y size %

2, 20,10,50,40

If I used this with screen 7, it would position itself using screens 2’s position as a starting point, and its “default” size as a reference in terms of what 100% will be in pixels. Screen 7 will be 50% of the width, and 40% of the height of screen 2.

This allows other screens to be setup using the Backglass and Topper as a reference, without needing to worry about what the default size and position is of the screen being used, as everyone “should” have their backglass and Topper correctly setup.

TerryRed
          @terryred

How do you add this to a pup pack

It’s used to repurpose any PuP screen, by using another PuP screen’s “default” size and position as a refernce and starting point.

CustomPos entries are:

Reference Screen, x position %, y position %, x size %, y size %

2, 20,10,50,40

If I used this with screen 7, it would position itself using screens 2’s position as a starting point, and its “default” size as a reference in terms of what 100% will be in pixels. Screen 7 will be 50% of the width, and 40% of the height of screen 2.

This allows other screens to be setup using the Backglass and Topper as a reference, without needing to worry about what the default size and position is of the screen being used, as everyone “should” have their backglass and Topper correctly setup.

In the PuP-Pack Editor. Load the PuP-Pack. There is a “CustomPos” field for each PuP screen in the Screens section.

Look at MOTU, Transformers to get an idea of how they are being used.

outhere
            @outhere

Yes I played around with the adjustments on some of the pup packs, but the ones that don’t have it don’t let me type nothing in

TerryRed
              @terryred

Yes I played around with the adjustments on some of the pup packs, but the ones that don’t have it don’t let me type nothing in

You may just need to adjust the tabs in the Screens sections to scroll the CustomPos tab over so you can see it (it may not be “visible” on older packs) and enter info there.

TerryRed
                @terryred

Found what you are talking about. On older PuP-Packs…that function wasn’t available at the time…so that’s why you can’t enter any info there.

Edit the screens.pup file for the pup-pack, and make sure the first line looks like this:

ScreenNum,ScreenDes,PlayList,PlayFile,Loopit,Active,Priority,CustomPos

It was probably missing the CustomPos portion in that file.

outhere
                  @outhere

Found what you are talking about. On older PuP-Packs…that function wasn’t available at the time…so that’s why you can’t enter any info there.

Edit the screens.pup file for the pup-pack, and make sure the first line looks like this:

ScreenNum,ScreenDes,PlayList,PlayFile,Loopit,Active,Priority,CustomPos

It was probably missing the CustomPos portion in that file.

All set – Thank you

cdnbum88
                  Participant
                    @cdnbum88

Hey there, an old thread but hoping I can get some help. Tried FB group and so far no luck.

I am trying to take the cool loading videos and even Terry your T ARC custom theses and have them oriented properly. As you can see with this picture the loading video seems to be in the same position as the T ARC and it has the same custompos in Screen/Themes.

So what is the custompos for full screen and in those numbers can you change the orientation to be portrait?

Thanks and I hope folks can help.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

You can’t change the orientation with CutomPos

To make it fullscreen:

You want to make sure you are installing and using a theme that’s correct for what you have set in Windows.

If you installed a Landscape theme, them most of the media will just work correctly.

If you insist on using Portrait for your playfield screen… then you have a lot of VPX tables and media to convert.

cdnbum88
                      Participant
                        @cdnbum88

Well I am working on both screens and so I changed my PF screen to portrait to ease my setup. My windows is set for PF to be portrait and all the games I have set so far are working and looking great and the T ARC theme too. But yes when I want to use the loading videos or arc themes they are all turned.

So do I have to just change my windows back to portrait, reset the config.bat file to remove the rotation and then in every VPX table that I removed the xy rotation 270, put all those back? I tried to do a couple of these and everything got all jacked up.

Man I wish someone like you could teamviewer into my system and help point me in the right direction. I am so excited to make this work and the few tables I have are great, but it seems like I have to start all over again and I spent so far a decent amount of time getting popper setup and finding wheel art, videos and pup packs and so on.

Any words of wisdom and thanks for the quick reply.

David

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?