Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    scutters
    Participant
    @scutters

From what i understand pup packs can work on a real dmd.
    Can someone confirm this, and if so what are the requirements for videos – i assume 128*32 res, what format?, mp4’s ok or gif only etc.
    Thanks!

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

It used to be gif’s – now mp4 is supported. I know @nailbuster made a video of how to install it. But, it is basically just to enable real-dmd via some menu as long as you’ve installed the requirements. You have to setup pup video screen with the size of 512*128 I believe. Been a while since I did it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    scutters
    Participant
    @scutters

Thanks. Thought i saw MP4’s now ok somewhere but failed to find the link again.
    512*128 seems a bit strange, would video res also have to match or does pinup player just scale any vid as best it can?. Sorry, don’t have a real dmd to confirm / test anything, just trying to work out what can be done.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Nah. I’m sure what I describe is for it to work on a real-dmd. You kind of need to know what pup-screen goes where and what to scale it down to. So, for LCD users, I expect that there are other ways. I’m sure you hear from the experts soon.

dgrace
    Participant
    @dgrace

scutters
    Participant
    @scutters

Ok thanks, so that’s how to set up a real DMD. Video seems to be for Popper (or at least a section of the file editing shows popper system options). Is that also the same for pinup player? (i’m not a popper user)

I guess if popper can play any video on a real dmd then pinup player can do the same, right?

NailBuster
    @nailbuster
    ModeratorMember

pinup player can mirror a lcd dmd to a real dmd via table scripting only.  it is something a power-user/table author would need to do.

scutters
    Participant
    @scutters

@nailbuster, thanks for clarifying!

Gwen
    Participant
    @gwen

@nailbuster, thanks for clarifying!

Actually it’s pretty simple to mirror a virtual DMD to a real DMD yourself by scripting it in the Pinup Popper launch script for that emulator.  I am doing it for several tables like this:

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 10 15 60
    cd /d “[DIREMU]”
    if “[RECMODE]”==”1” (
    START /min “” vpinballx.exe “[DIREMU]” -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play “[GAMEFULLNAME]”
    ) else (
    START /min “” vpinballx.exe “[DIREMU]” -minimized -play “[GAMEFULLNAME]”
    )

if “[GAMENAME]”==”Pokemon Pinball – DT v2.0.2” (
    start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=screen -q –position=1197 3673 484 128 –destination=pin2dmd”
    )

if “[GAMENAME]”==”Miraculous” (
    start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=screen -q –position=1277 3601 482 154 –destination=pin2dmd”
    )

if “[GAMENAME]”==”tna_1_4beta” (
    start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=screen -q –position=746 3584 550 243 –destination=pin2dmd”
    )

Gwen
    - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Croppie1Kenobi
    Participant
    @croppie1kenobi

I’m trying to get my MOTU on screen dmd sent to my real dmd via script through dmdext. Can I use the new PUPDMDControl.exe somehow? That looks better anyway. I have this if “[GAMENAME]”==”Masters of the Universe 1_0b” (
    start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=screen –use-ini -q -d pindmdv3 –no-virtual” which obviously does not work.

LynnInDenver
    Participant
    @lynnindenver

We’ll need to do some updating to enable it. PM me and I’ll see about adding that to the table script this evening, or if you’re on Facebook, Nailbuster told me there’s information there to add it in.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

Ressurecting this as Windows 10 has just updated to 2004 and seemingly I’ve lost something for pupDMD to work correctly for two tables: Harry Potter and GoG seem to be the only tables affected.  They reference using the pup mirroring.  UltraDMD options work fine on the tables and I see the PupDMD’s working in ALT+TAB for PinUP, but PinDMDv3 is blank.  I’ve tried to .net repair tool, and it finds no issues.  Very strange.  Anyone else run into this?  What would have updated that could have killed PinUp’s communication/mirroring to the realDMD?  Hate to rollback if it’s an easy fix.

Fixed:  Looked through my DMDDEVICE.ini and noticed for some reason I wasn’t referencing a com port any longer.  If someone would have a gun to my head and said ‘TELL ME WHAT YOU CHANGED OR YOU DIE” I wouldn’t have said DMDDevice in a million years.  The fuck.  Anyhow…game on.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by BrandonLaw.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW