PUP Packs focus on DMD when loading

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    classicradios
    Participant
      @classicradios

I’m using the latest version of Pinup 1.37. Also current on everything else.  For some reason when I launch Pup Pack tables from the Pinup Popper front end the focus is always on the Virtual DMD screen.  I don’t have this issue when launching Pup Packs with PBX.   Every now and then the focus will go to the playfield at launch but 90 percent of the time it goes to DMD screen.  Any thoughts on what may be causing this?

Attachments:
      NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

see the focus section here:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=faq

classicradios
        Participant
          @classicradios

see the focus section here: http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=faq

Thanks but I’ve already tried that..Set to 10 15 60 all the way to 10 40 60 with no improvement.  I don’t have focus issues on VPX tables until I run one with a Pup Pack.  My system is plenty fast too..I-5 4690/3.5GHz/16gb ram and GTX-1060 GPU.  I can’t figure out why Pup Packs focus properly on PBX but not on Popper.  I must have a setting wrong somewhere??

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

strange…how many seconds roughly would you say from start launch to everything is loaded when running a pup table?

at 40 that means for 40 seconds it will keep VPX in focus….  what does your launch script for vpxstarter.exe look like exactly?

classicradios
            Participant
              @classicradios

strange…how many seconds roughly would you say from start launch to everything is loaded when running a pup table?

at 40 that means for 40 seconds it will keep VPX in focus…. what does your launch script for vpxstarter.exe look like exactly?

18 seconds

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 10 20 60
              cd /d “[DIREMU]”
              if “[RECMODE]”==”1” (
              START /min “” vpinballx.exe “[DIREMU]” -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play “[GAMEFULLNAME]”
              ) else (
              START /min “” vpinballx.exe “[DIREMU]” -minimized -play “[GAMEFULLNAME]”
              )

MY screen positions:
              INFO]
              ScreenXPos=-800
              ScreenYPos=0
              ScreenWidth=800
              ScreenHeight=480
              volume=0
              hidestopped=0
              AspectWide=0
              AspectHigh=0
              fitToWindow=1
              ScreenRotation=0
              DebugMode=0
              VideoDriver=0
              FirstRun=0
              [INFO1]
              ScreenXPos=1360
              ScreenYPos=0
              ScreenWidth=1920
              ScreenHeight=1080
              volume=100
              hidestopped=0
              AspectWide=0
              AspectHigh=0
              fitToWindow=1
              ScreenRotation=0
              DebugMode=0
              VideoDriver=0
              FirstRun=0
              [INFO2]
              ScreenXPos=3280
              ScreenYPos=0
              ScreenWidth=1600
              ScreenHeight=900
              volume=40
              hidestopped=0
              AspectWide=0
              AspectHigh=0
              fitToWindow=1
              ScreenRotation=0
              DebugMode=0
              VideoDriver=0
              FirstRun=0
              [INFO3]
              ScreenXPos=0
              ScreenYPos=0
              ScreenWidth=1360
              ScreenHeight=768
              volume=100
              hidestopped=3
              AspectWide=0
              AspectHigh=0
              fitToWindow=1
              ScreenRotation=0
              DebugMode=0
              VideoDriver=0
              FirstRun=0

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

don’t really know why freezy would ‘take’ focus.  sometimes windows does strange things like that.

try if you haven’t yet.  running vpx in exclusive full screen.

also try this but I doubt it help for your vpx starter line

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 10 25 60 "Visual Pinball Player" 2

1 user thanked author for this post.
                classicradios
                Participant
                  @classicradios

don’t really know why freezy would ‘take’ focus. sometimes windows does strange things like that.

try if you haven’t yet. running vpx in exclusive full screen.

also try this but I doubt it help for your vpx starter line

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 10 25 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 2

Code didn’t help but “exclusive full screen” did! Thank you!!  I just tested all Pup Packs and they all focused on playfield perfectly.  I’m beyond happy now as I love all the customization Popper offers.  :good:

zimmer62
                  Participant
                    @zimmer62

I’ve got this same problem.  Exclusive mode works, but it breaks every other table with a “terminated before initialized check the rom path or rom file” problem.  I think that’s related to a registry setting for ddraw, but I’m not sure.  Any more ideas how to get focus back?

This is only affecting the STSE table for me.

outhere
                      @outhere
                      MemberContributorvipModerator
                      zimmer62
                      Participant
                        @zimmer62

So here’s my predicament…

Should I try and run all of the games the same, turn off the ddraw in the registry and run all games in exclusive full screen?

I don’t even remember why I enabled the ddraw stuff in the first place, my guess is it was to reduce the lag.

If I have the exclusive full screen I get an error with pretty much every other table complaining about a rom…   Unchecked I don’t have any errors, but STSE doesn’t have focus after loading and I can’t play it until I use the mouse and click it for focus.

Or is there a way to flip both this exclusive full screen and the ddraw registry for this game (STSE) only, then flip it back for the other tables?

outhere
                          @outhere

A long time ago in the registry I turned default to off and all the rom’s to off

zimmer62
                          Participant
                            @zimmer62

Maybe Force Full Screen isn’t going to work for me after all… The videos in the pup pack on STSE end up really really choppy when it’s enabled.

I turn off the force full screen and the videos are smooth again.  But when loading the table with pinup popper I lose focus most of the time.  So weird.

zimmer62
                            Participant
                              @zimmer62

I think I found a solution…

While the following did NOT help..

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 10 25 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 2

This did:

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 30 15 60 “Visual Pinball Player” 3 0 5

Any documentation as to what these numbers are after???

LoadedWeapon
                              Participant
                                @loadedweapon

thanks I had the same issue… and my pinup would random stop working. these number seem to work. wish i knew what they did lol

outhere
                                  @outhere

thanks I had the same issue… and my pinup would random stop working. these number seem to work. wish i knew what they did lol

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=emulator_vpx

richiep1
                                  Participant
                                    @richiep1

I hope my experience helps anyone still struggling with this.  I was having the same issue with 5 of my 25 pup pack tables.  Tried all the suggestions on the vp forums.. tried everything!  Nothing worked.  Finally I stumbled on a solution that solved my issue.  On my tables, I am using the external dvd with frezzy, etc.  So what I found was when I went into the pup pack editor and edited the pup pack for these tables.  I changed the setting for the DMD from “off” to “Force On” and it fixed the issue, putting the focus on the playfield, so I no longer have to click the mouse. Not sure why this worked, but it did!

richiep1
                                    Participant
                                      @richiep1

Jeez, I don’t get…problem just csm back only now losing focus on all my pup tables..updated my win 10 and the problem is back.  Force fullscreen fixes it but then mamy of my tables develoo ball stutter and take twice as long to load.

In the .exe properties tab there is a check box for “disable full screen optimization’ .  Is this the same as checking the Force full screen in vox video ootions?  Should this be checked/unchecked for Vpx.exe, pinupdisplay.exe, pinupplayer.exe, pinupmenu.exe…..?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?