PUP Packs Not Longer Working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Everly
    Participant
      @everly

PUP Packs have worked on my system with no issues until just recently.  I’m not 100% certain, but I believe my issue started when I updated VPX to the released 10.6.  I re-watched Nailbuster’s youtube video showing the initial setup and everything is correct.  I have the B2S plugins checked and working.  I have Freezy Installed and working.  I have external dll checked and if I use the PUP Tester I can load a PUP Pack and then send a D1 command and the expected video plays but nothing will play when the table is loaded directly from VPX or from Pinup Menu.

I noticed that when I go into Visual Pinball/VPinMAME I DO NOT have a PUPLOG.txt file.  So I know something isn’t set right but I haven’t figured out what it is.

I’ve been having issues with POPPER.DOF in the Menu.  I no longer have the addressable LEDs working when I load Pinup Menu.  I have a script written that when I launch Pinup Menu it also launches DOFLinx and when Pinup Menu loads I get a DOF LINX display on my back matrix and lights go up and down on the sides of my playfield but then they stay off until I load a table.  I’m not sure if these two issues are related or not.

At one point I had all of this working correctly, so any direction on getting my system back to that point would be great.  \

Gwen
      Participant
        @gwen

If you recently installed any Terminate-Stay-Resident software (something that stays in memory) it could be conflicting.  I had issues with a Discord client that got installed with a game once.

Gwen
        - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Everly
        Participant
          @everly

If you recently installed any Terminate-Stay-Resident software (something that stays in memory) it could be conflicting. I had issues with a Discord client that got installed with a game once.

I haven’t installed anything other than the all in one installer for vpx 10.6.  The more I think about it I believe the two issues are unrelated.  Something is causing my PUP packs to not run (as I don’t have a puplog in my vpinmame) and some other issue is causing dof to not work while in Pinup Menu.

I’ve followed all of the steps in Nailbusters videos and everything seems set correctly.  Just not sure what I’m missing.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

I would reinstall dmdext 1.71 files, as the AIO may have replaced it with one that may not work correctly.

dmdext-v1.7.1-x86.zip

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases/tag/v1.7.1

Also, recheck your dmddevice.ini to be sure that it wasn’t replaced from the AIO and be sure that it has PUP enabled.

Everly
            Participant
              @everly

I would reinstall dmdext 1.71 files, as the AIO may have replaced it with one that may not work correctly.

dmdext-v1.7.1-x86.zip

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases/tag/v1.7.1

Also, recheck your dmddevice.ini to be sure that it wasn’t replaced from the AIO and be sure that it has PUP enabled.

That is a possibility.  I’ve learned that the dmdevice.dll creates a problem with my cabinet.  When I installed the teensy board to control my LED strips my PinDMDV3 failed to work.  I would get a PinDMD3 not found error.  The solution I stumbled across was the dmdevice.dll.  I had to overwrite the one that had been updated back to one dated in Dec of 2016.  When I did that the DMD and the Teensy would cooperate and everything would work.  I have confirmed that dmdevice.dll is the 2016 version and my pindmd3 and addressables work, but no PUP Packs will work and no DOF from within Pinup Menu.

The dll in the link you provided will overwrite the dmdevice.dll and will introduce the conflict between my dmd and teensy, but I’m curious to see if the PUP Packs will then begin to work again.  If that is the case, then I just need to figure out where to put the 2016 dll and where to place the 2018 dll to get everything to operate correctly.

I have confirmed that my dmdevice.ini does have Pup Enabled set to true, but I’ll overwrite that ini with the one from Freezy 1.71 if I see it has a different modified date and see if that takes care of the issue.

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

You need to have the ALL files that came with freezy 1.71….you need to have PUP enabled in dmddevice.ini….and you ALSO need to have your PinDMD3 enabled and configured correctly in dmddevice.ini.

DO NOT start mixing up files and putting them elsewhere as you WILL cause yourself problems. Just inatll and use only the files that came with 1.71 32 bit *x86) zip.

PinDMD3 and pup works fine together. Others have been using it.

Be sure you don’t have problem with UltraDMD tables only afterward…as that is another issue that requires very specific files to be used… but I don’t know that solution for sure….but others here do.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Everly
                Participant
                  @everly

Ok, I have got the PUP Packs working again.  As near as I could tell it was the dll file.  The only way I can get PUP Packs and the newer PUPDMDcontrol.exe methods to work is to stay with the Dmddevice.dll file dated 12/24/16 in my PinDMD3 folder within Vpinmame.  The Devicedmd.dll in the root of vpinmame is dated 7/3/18.  I completely agree that moving dll files around is the best way to messing things up, but in my system this was the only thing I could get to work correctly.

I updated to DOFLinx 7.0A and that resolved a new problem I had where my addressable led strips and the backglass in Pinball FX3 were not working at all.  Now when I load a FX3 table I have the BG and the Lighting feedback I had lost.  So I am now down to the last issue of the LED strips not working within Pinup Menu.  I used to have some feedback with those lights as I scrolled through the tables but now I don’t, not sure why.  The DOFLinx update to 7.0A didn’t reinstate that feature but I’m not sure why.

In Popper Doctor the DOF Driver Type is Popper dof and the Dof Rom is pinupmenu.  When I press Start DOF the log says Starting DOF, then DOF After INIT.  No matter what I put in the DOF Element and Send DOF On nothing happens.  If I change DOF Driver Type to DOFDirect I get an error message when I try to start it saying “The system cannot find the file specified, ProgID; DirectOutput.ComObject”  When I press Stop DOF I get a message saying “Invalid variant operation”  I’ve gone into the registry and tried working with the settings as indicated on Nailbuster’s wiki but so far I haven’t figured out what the problem is.  So if anyone has an idea or has run into this and solved it, please let me know.

EvilDrFish
                  Participant
                    @evildrfish

Everly – I’m having the exact opposite problem – popperDof throws an error and dof direct doesn’t… When I click start dof one light run by my Pinscape illuminates but I can’t get any of my LEDs from my Teensy to come on

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?