“PuP-Packs ON TOP!” (How to Use PuP-Packs with VPX, FP, FX3 and more on a single Screen Desktop view)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

Im having an issue. It says windows cannot find “pupwinpos.exe’. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
      pupwinpos.exe is set to run as admin and is in the same folder as pinupplayer.exe
      Note I have my PinUPSystem folder and install in my e drive. So if its searching my c drive for the pupwinpos it wont find it there.
      pretty sure if I can get this error fixed I will have everything working.

See   ====== UPDATE ======
      https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=getting_started

Nightsky
      Participant
        @nightsky

Maybe I did not install it correctly? Im getting all kinds of errors when trying to use the pinup popper setup.

Im getting an error that says “none of the dynamic libraries can be found or is not loadable: sqlite3.dll, sqlite.dll !use TZconnection.librarylocation if the location is invalid.”

The windows still open but in global settings under main where I try to put in the default media directory I cant typ anything in to that bar. And if i try to use the set button it says error “globalQ: field ‘globalMediaDir’ not found. obviously because i did not typ anything in. I cant change any of the fields in this.

Im also getting “Access violation at adress 00663737 in module ‘PinUpMenuSetup.exe’. Read of adresss 00000000.”

Thanks for the help by the way. Been trying to set this up for a few days now because. Played a bunch of pinball fx but got bored because seems like pinball arcade and fx are no longer updated or supported so i wanted some new tables like wizard of oz. But boy has then been a journey.

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

Maybe I did not install it correctly? Im getting all kinds of errors when trying to use the pinup popper setup.

Im getting an error that says “none of the dynamic libraries can be found or is not loadable: sqlite3.dll, sqlite.dll !use TZconnection.librarylocation if the location is invalid.”

The windows still open but in global settings under main where I try to put in the default media directory I cant typ anything in to that bar. And if i try to use the set button it says error “globalQ: field ‘globalMediaDir’ not found. obviously because i did not typ anything in. I cant change any of the fields in this.

Im also getting “Access violation at adress 00663737 in module ‘PinUpMenuSetup.exe’. Read of adresss 00000000.”

Thanks for the help by the way. Been trying to set this up for a few days now because. Played a bunch of pinball fx but got bored because seems like pinball arcade and fx are no longer updated or supported so i wanted some new tables like wizard of oz. But boy has then been a journey.

You certainly didn’t install / setup something correctly.

Follow “everything” on the wiki here, for what you need installed…disabling Defender and adding Exceptions, unblocking zip files,etc.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

Beyond that… this topic is support for PPOT…and not a generic PuP / Popper support topic. If you have specific problems with pup / popper… then post those in the support forums specifically for them.

Yardley
          Participant
            @yardley

Hey Terry, thanks for providing these settings for GOTG, it’s finally working after spending hours trying to get it going. Do you have a similar set of settings you can recommend for Woz? I cannot get the backglass to stay on top on my single screen setup no matter what I do. Thanks again.

TerryRed
              @terryred

Hey Terry, thanks for providing these settings for GOTG, it’s finally working after spending hours trying to get it going. Do you have a similar set of settings you can recommend for Woz? I cannot get the backglass to stay on top on my single screen setup no matter what I do. Thanks again.

Use the specific ini I provided for Woz is all I can say….and be sure your B2S server is the most up to date, to allow it to be pushed behind the pup-pack.

Woz is trickier than any other table because it uses both a directb2s and a pup-pack.

Yardley
              Participant
                @yardley

Use the specific ini I provided for Woz is all I can say….and be sure your B2S server is the most up to date, to allow it to be pushed behind the pup-pack.

Woz is trickier than any other table because it uses both a directb2s and a pup-pack.

Yeah I tried it with the Woz specific ini but no dice. It’s weird because it happens even without the pup-pack. I gave up on the pup-pack and was planning to just use to regular backglass but it just won’t stay on top. I’m on server version 1.3.0.4. I’m guessing it has something to do with how long this specific b2s file takes to load.

He Who Laughs Lasts
                Participant
                  @binoictoothpick

After the mini game I’m losing the pupscreen2 behind playfield in Pizza Time.

He Who Laughs Lasts
                  Participant
                    @binoictoothpick

please delete. issue resolved.

jamosb
                    Participant
                      @jamosb

So not more exclusive fullscreen mode then with vpx? I thought we always set that?  Seems like this only would be a issue with pups that use a b2s backglass for vpx. I get much better performance using fullscreen. and often in vpx if start a table in borderless mode I find that focus is not always set ie i have to click on the table to insert coins or use buttons.

Can we change that with registry settings on launch and turn off borderless windows back on on exit of vpx emualation like pin events?

TerryRed
                        @terryred

So not more exclusive fullscreen mode then with vpx? I thought we always set that? Seems like this only would be a issue with pups that use a b2s backglass for vpx. I get much better performance using fullscreen. and often in vpx if start a table in borderless mode I find that focus is not always set ie i have to click on the table to insert coins or use buttons.

It is what it is. You can’t force something to work in a way it’s not designed.

If you want Exclusive Fullscreen… then no pup-packs or ulatradmd, etc on a single screen.

If you want to try to make a pup-pack work on a single screen… then you must use Borderless Windowed.

Nothing else beyond that you can do.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        jamosb
                        Participant
                          @jamosb

So not more exclusive fullscreen mode then with vpx? I thought we always set that? Seems like this only would be a issue with pups that use a b2s backglass for vpx. I get much better performance using fullscreen. and often in vpx if start a table in borderless mode I find that focus is not always set ie i have to click on the table to insert coins or use buttons.

It is what it is. You can’t force something to work in a way it’s not designed.

If you want Exclusive Fullscreen… then no pup-packs or ulatradmd, etc on a single screen.

If you want to try to make a pup-pack work on a single screen… then you must use Borderless Windowed.

Nothing else beyond that you can do.

thanks,

About registry settings is there a way I can do this and leave default to fullscreen in vpx?

TerryRed
                            @terryred

If you are running from a front-end like Popper… you can make whatever changes you want to the registry before launching a table, and after exiting vpx, etc.

It’s up to you to determine what commands,etc you want to use to make whatever changes you need.

jamosb
                            Participant
                              @jamosb

If you are running from a front-end like Popper… you can make whatever changes you want to the registry before launching a table, and after exiting vpx, etc.

It’s up to you to determine what commands,etc you want to use to make whatever changes you need.

thanks yes I have FP running great with pinevents using tweaks just did not know the commands to disable fullscreen for VPX. I will look into it and make a variable for it in popper.

jamosb
                              Participant
                                @jamosb

Ok added this to my popper launch script for vpx only needed for pup packs that also use backglass or have pups on main table.

REG ADD “HKCU\SOFTWARE\Visual Pinball\VP10\Player” /v “FullScreen” /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

rem Windowed mode if “Custom Launch Param” = Windowed

if “[custom1]”==”Windowed” (REG ADD “HKCU\SOFTWARE\Visual Pinball\VP10\Player” /v “FullScreen” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

And in exit script

REG ADD “HKCU\SOFTWARE\Visual Pinball\VP10\Player” /v “FullScreen” /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

jamosb
                                Participant
                                  @jamosb

Actually by setting b2s as a exe and unchecking always bring to front I can play pups fine in exclusive full screen mode over b2s backglass. the b2s exe always is a windowed mode. works fine. If there is pop ups on the main playfield then maybe I would need windowed mode but havent seen any vpx tables that have this, fx3 yes but I always use windowed mode for that.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

If you have “anything” appearing in front of your VPX window, then you aren’t actually running in Exclusive Fullscreen (hence the name “exclusive”). Even if you have exclusive fullscreen option enabled in VPX…. if you have Windows Fullscreen Optimizations enabled, then what is happening is VPX’s exclusive fullscreen is being forced into a newer Borderless Windowed mode. It’s a more recent Windows 10 updated feature that may be enabled by default on your system (it used to be called Game Mode).

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    jamosb
                                    Participant
                                      @jamosb

If you have “anything” appearing in front of your VPX window, then you aren’t actually running in Exclusive Fullscreen (hence the name “exclusive”). Even if you have exclusive fullscreen option enabled in VPX…. if you have Windows Fullscreen Optimizations enabled, then what is happening is VPX’s exclusive fullscreen is being forced into a newer Borderless Windowed mode. It’s a more recent Windows 10 updated feature that may be enabled by default on your system (it used to be called Game Mode).

Cool it works great and focus is always on main playfield with that enabled no more clicking. I only turn that off if i need to work with ext dmd for new tables.

mrrog
                                      Participant
                                        @mrrog

Hello Terry

Im strugeling whit the FX3 part, is it not possible to start a Fx3 Tabel direct (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe” -applaunch 442120 -class -table_”MARVEL_Deadpool)
                                        also with a Backglas Video and Topper, I setup in the same wai as VP (VP works) but when I start the FX3 Tabel, no Toper and Bacakglas

I add the Videos in PuPack Editor, etc.

When I start the Table vrom PupPack Menu then the Backglas and Toper Videos works, only when I start the Table direct, I on it sinse 2 Days, no success

Thx for a short hint

Cheers Rog

Daryl
                                        Participant
                                          @allknowing2012

Probably not the right place to ask but Terry, is the latest version of PinUpPackEditor still 12/16/2018? I updated to 1.4.5 but I see some screenshots showing a cyan colored screen with tabs for PupPackScreens/Playlists/Triggers/Help/test

(half way down https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot)

Is that the latest version? Can you point me to that?
                                          ..or is test a separate program – I see one there and have used it.
                                          .. Reading that you can test triggers from the editor but that doesnt seem to be there in the 12/16/2018 version that I have.

Thanks

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

If you don’t have the Cyan looking editor… then you haven’t properly updated to pup 1.45

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?