Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

I’ve been racking my troubleshooting skills over for a few days…PUPDMDcontrol just refuses to run after this Win10 patch.  I’ve tried:

*All versions of PUPDMDControl

*.Net repair tool

*clean boots

*CMD strings for automated repair for sfc and dism

*Compatibility modes

*Unstalling/Reinstalling PinUP Player

*Different COM port and moved pinDmDv3 to diff usb port.

*Event viewer shows me this….

capture

I’m really trying not to restore or take control of that .NET .dll and remove/repair it as it seems to be extremely important to windows. (I don’t feel that specific .dll is the actual issue)  I only get this error on Harry Potter and GoG.

Here’s what’s interesting…if I turn on the virtualdmd in the Dmddevice.ini, the PUPDMDControl works fine and it’s mirrored to the pinDmdv3.  (I just have a virtual dmd window to deal with.)  I’ve tried a few other small things, but I feel I’m at a wall here.  Let me know if I’ve missed anything or new ideas to throw at it.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by BrandonLaw.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by BrandonLaw.
    NailBuster
    @nailbuster
    ModeratorMember

1>  if setting virtual in dmdext/freezy works but pindmdv3 doesn’t then you need to focus your troubleshooting NOT on pupdmdcontrol/pinup.

2> pupdmdcontrol uses dmddevice.dll,  it doens’t know what is on the ‘other’ side (virtual, pin2dmd, pindmdv3).

3> pinup is NOT a .net app so any .NET errors/issues again is not something to try and solve via pinup config.

what could be the issue?  most people i find have issues with pindmdv3 vs pin2dmd because pindmdv3 drivers take longer to startup perhaps…look at dmddevice logs to see if they can tell you anything?  maybe you need to put some delays before launching vpx for example.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

Hey Nail!  Figured I’d put the word out in case anyone else ran into this also, but wanted to clear up a miscommunication…My pinDMDv3 does in fact work with Freezy.  If I change that parameter inside of DMDDevice.ini (in PinMame dir) I get a mirrored display to my unit on the tables in question. All good.  I change it back…blank.

The PuPOverlay1 (I think it is) shows the DMD running in Alt+Tab just chugging along in attract, but the PUPDMDControl has died before getting started and isn’t running tandem now.  With that said, the dmddevice.dll is doing it’s job, but it can’t if I am trying to send frames to PinUP player without a (2nd) virtualDmd called/forced from within the .ini.

Also, mirroring without forced vitualdmd was working prior to win10 2004 Update.  Outside of event viewer yelling about .net file issue, just was unsure where to go.  I will see if the dmddevice logs pose any juicy info.

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

@brandonlaw

What are trying use PUPDMDcontrol for ?
    Post the launch script

BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

@Outhere Not scripting with it at all.  Frankly, I was unaware it was being used as only a few tables need to mirror from a pup overlay like HPGOF, and GoG from the script if ‘RealDMD’ is selected in the PuP options. Nail can give more insight to what it’s doing, but seems simple enough.. it just calls DmDDevice.dll from my understanding. Just odd this simple .exe is failing before it finishes its task according to windows event viewer.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

RESOLVED:  Reverted back to 1903.  Literally fixed anything Win 10 2004 botched up.  I have my DMD back minus any virtualization (I assume some com erroring) and some graphics wonkiness I’ve been fighting.  Back to 144hz on my Asus 43.  (Even PBX got ferked because 2004 wanted to take control of my AMD drivers.)

Not on my watch, Microsoft…get bent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW