Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bacon
    Participant
    @michaelbacon

Hi! I followed Nailbuster’s guide in the wiki, but when I run PUPDMDControl_Register.bat, I get the following error:

PUPDMDControl.exe – System Error
    The code execution cannot proceed because dmddevice.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

What should I do?

NailBuster
    @nailbuster
    ModeratorMember

rewatch the install video again… you’re not copying files into the correct locations.

Michael Bacon
    Participant
    @michaelbacon

I just watched the video again (4th time) and I can’t see what I did wrong. Here’s my VpinMAME folder.

UpR8Wm2

NailBuster
    @nailbuster
    ModeratorMember

you shouldn’t run anything as-admin.  so take that off of dmd control exe.

where is the batch file to register?  same location as the pupdmd control.exe?

Michael Bacon
    Participant
    @michaelbacon

I removed the run as admin checkmark.

And yes, the bat file is in the same folder. I rearranged the icons to make this new screenshot more readable (and actually even include all of the relevant info, I think.)

Attachments:
    Michael Bacon
    Participant
    @michaelbacon

Running the bat file again after removing admin privilege generated errors displayed in the CMD prompt.

First: “System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.”

Then, in a different CMD prompt window:
    “There are no entries in the list” appears alongside a normal windows error message that says

“PUPDMDControl.exe – Application Error
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.”

NailBuster
    @nailbuster
    ModeratorMember

very strange…. all i can think of is perhaps you have some ‘blocked’ files.  check all the exes/dlls and see if windows has them blocked?

you can try and edit the batch to just have the line (run batch as admin once)

"PUPDMDControl.exe" /regserver

pause

and see if it gives you any more info

Michael Bacon
    Participant
    @michaelbacon

I did as you suggested above. I found what seems like at least part of the problem. It’s trying to run in /windows32/ for some reason.

EDIT: Forgot to say I checked every .dll and .exe in the directory. They’re all unblocked.

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW