Pupplayer kinda works…Help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GogglesPiasano
    Participant
      @gogglespiasano

Hi, I have Clue and Stranger Things work great, but Tron, Avatar, Mars Attacks and Medieval Madness pup back-glass stopped working. Reinstalled pup, still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Frank

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

start here.. it will solve 135% of all your problems

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

mwong168
        Participant
          @mwong168

My pupplayer kinda works too :)  I just followed TerryRed’s notes and running latest versions of VPX, Sambuild, dmdext 1.7.1, b2s server custom and pinup system 1.4.

Here is the weird part, when I load a table like Medieval Madness in VPX hit F1 to check off external DMD, reload table and the pup pack works perfectly and videos display interactively.  Now when I open Tron without the external DMD checked off the table loads and plays just fine.  It is once I check off external DMD and re-load the table it hangs (as in the insert lights don’t do anything or cycle) and VPX eventually crashes to desktop with no errors.  If I go into the registry and change the property showpindmd back to 0 for Tron it will load and play just fine.

I thought for fun last night let me try setting up the PUP pack for Williams Indiana Jones, checked off external DMD, re-loaded just fine and pup pack working.  I think it has to do with only Stern tables because I tried enabling external DMD for Transformers and it does the same thing as Tron and hangs to a crash.  I’m going to mess around with it and maybe I need to change the registry entry at91jit from 0 -> 1 or vice versa for Stern tables?

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

My pupplayer kinda works too :) I just followed TerryRed’s notes and running latest versions of VPX, Sambuild, dmdext 1.7.1, b2s server custom and pinup system 1.4.

Here is the weird part, when I load a table like Medieval Madness in VPX hit F1 to check off external DMD, reload table and the pup pack works perfectly and videos display interactively. Now when I open Tron without the external DMD checked off the table loads and plays just fine. It is once I check off external DMD and re-load the table it hangs (as in the insert lights don’t do anything or cycle) and VPX eventually crashes to desktop with no errors. If I go into the registry and change the property showpindmd back to 0 for Tron it will load and play just fine.

I thought for fun last night let me try setting up the PUP pack for Williams Indiana Jones, checked off external DMD, re-loaded just fine and pup pack working. I think it has to do with only Stern tables because I tried enabling external DMD for Transformers and it does the same thing as Tron and hangs to a crash. I’m going to mess around with it and maybe I need to change the registry entry at91jit from 0 -> 1 or vice versa for Stern tables?

Just because a pup-pack loads…doesnt mean you have it working. B2s Server can load a pup-pack just like it does directb2s files….but you wont have all the videos triggering because you don’t have pupcapture monitoring the DMD images when External DLL is disabled.

If you have problems with External DLL enabled…then you have problems with dmd related files…either the pup files, or the dmdext 1.71 32 bit x86 files. Be sure they are correct and are not blocked.

mwong168
            Participant
              @mwong168

Thanks for your reply and your work on the Tron pup pack Terry.  I just changed the registry at91jit from 1 to 0 and now Tron works fine along with the pup pack.  Weird how MM Pup works fine without having to change at91jit to 0.

Anyhow I am still in process of putting my cab together so next thing on my list is to unbox and activate this pin2dmd I bought from UncleSash in December 2017 :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?