Pyramid (Gottlieb 1978)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Pyramid (Gottlieb 1978)

This is a 2 player EM version of Gottlieb’s Cleopatra. Cleopatra was available in EM and SS versions, Pyramid is EM only. I ran across an old VP8 jpsalas version of Pyramid on one of those other sites, and  JP was nice enough to share even more of his resources than what was in the table, and with the more recent Cleopatra SS tables that have been done there were plenty of good resources, and I found a decent backglass image on the internet somewhere.  Used JP’s code mostly for play logic, and went off to the races.  I happened to get enough resources to do something I had wanted to do with my Gemini table, and that was make two versions in one, yes TWO!  There is a old, rusty, faded, worn, yellowed version and there is a nice bright shiny version all in the same table.  Borrowed the idea from loserman76 and gnance for the hold down left shift to open the options menu, and let you choose not only number of balls and replay levels, but whether you want to play clean or dirty.

So big thanks to jpsalas, loserman76, gnance and the internet.  Oh yeah and those guys who made VP10.
      Thanks also to sliderpoint and hauntfreaks for the vp and graphics help as always.
      Hold down left flipper key for options menu.
      directb2s included
      DOF by arngrim

PROBABLY NEEDS LATEST VP10.1 BETA

10 users thanked author for this post.
      nFozzy
      Participant
        @nfozzy

That’s awesome, I had no idea you could change even color grading on the fly like that.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

options menu is cool!  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

topcat
          Participant
            @topcat

Thank you I remember this real table from way back

Andypc
            Participant
              @andypc

Love this table and the options menu, but found the old plastics a bit too much so replaced them with the new plastics. The old look with the new plastics actually looks really good.

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

Love this table and the options menu, but found the old plastics a bit too much so replaced them with the new plastics. The old look with the new plastics actually looks really good.

Thanks.  I picked up a Cleopatra SS a while back and althought the playfield isn’t quite as bad as the one in this it’s pretty beat up.. and I have nice new shiny plastics on it LOL  At some point when I strip my Cleo down I’m going to scan the playfield and redo this table and probably put out both em and ss Cleopatra’s as well, but I have no idea when that would happen, lots of things on the list.

StevOz
                Participant
                  @stevoz

Loving it looks and plays mighty fine here, was one of my earlier games I played alongside, even older Aztec. I have adjusted stuff, moved the outer cabinet rails in some to overlap the the inside wood and solve some slight fringe edge rendering issues, flippers now share exact integer y axis, though they where very much close enough anyway and expanded the DT view settings to fill the screen with as much table vs backdrop as possible. That said I am favouring a greater FOV vs inclination these days as it presents a greater view of the rear vs front of table. B-)

Attachments:
                  Micronaut
                  Participant
                    @micronaut

cool!..now im run to play it,thank you,friend

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?