Q*bert’s Quest (Gottlieb 1983)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks, STAT. This is fixed in 1.0.1 download now.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      arconovum
      Participant
        @nicholaschristopher
        MemberContributor

beautiful table bord.. looking forward to playing it.

arconovum
        Participant
          @nicholaschristopher
          MemberContributor

Well took a while , many pans in the fire!, love all the little niceties bord put into this table.

Qberts-Quest-Clipboard-1

1 user thanked author for this post.
          bord
            @bord

Big physics overhaul on this table by @clarkkent. He also repositioned tons of stuff, reshaped the plastics for accuracy and tweaked sounds. Thanks CK!

Also new rendered shadows, updated bumpers, fastflips script and plastic meshes from me.

Figured it was a big enough overhaul to warrant 2.0 status.

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Oh no. Even a new update. My feet are killing me from JP. Very curious though to trying this table out tonight. I always though that it played very well already. Thank you for the update – will have a go at it soon … after a beer or 3 :)

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Agreed it played ok before I thought! But should be even better now! Thanks for the update

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

bord
                  @bord

Agreed it played ok before I thought! But should be even better now! Thanks for the update

Yeah, I was never unhappy with the old physics but ClarkKent’s physics are even better. It feels like the machine just got a new set of rubbers.

I never had great resources to shape the plastics with and I think the way they sit in 2.0 is a huge improvement.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

After trying the table for a few rounds. I can’t put my finger on it, but, yes, it feels like a improvement so once again thank you Bord and Clark Kent for this update. There were a few tables that tried to do some spin off from arcade classics. This one is actually a lot of fun. Don’t know why. But I keep thinking of Goin’ Nuts and  in my mind archive them as related even though they are quite different. Experimental tables that deserves a better reputation is maybe a description that could fit ?

bord
                      @bord

But I keep thinking of Goin’ Nuts and in my mind archive them as related even though they are quite different. Experimental tables that deserves a better reputation is maybe a description that could fit ?

Interesting or not, when I first started building tables I had it in my mind that I was going try to build all the System 80 machines that I could find resources for… Pink Panther (check), Q*Bert (check), Devil’s Dare, Goin’ Nuts, Mars God of War etc. They’re all so strange and creative – even if they aren’t all the most fun. Needless to say I didn’t make it through more than a few before moving my attention elsewhere. I built a Goin’ Nuts out of different resources than Fuzzel’s version but since his has been released I haven’t been too motivated to finish it. It is an interesting era and sure beats (IMO) the Gottliebs that came later.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

All Pinball machines are fun. Sometimes the oddities are the best to play against people… like flipper football

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

great looking shadows on this!

-Mike

bord
                            @bord

All Pinball machines are fun. Sometimes the oddities are the best to play against people… like flipper football

Totally agree. I love going to pinball shows with friends just to try out all the stuff you’d never see on location. Got to play head to head Joust a few years ago and had a blast.

great looking shadows on this! -Mike

Thanks! 95% Blender and 5% me.

kds70
                            Participant
                              @kds70

Nice table release / modification … plays and looks very well :rose:

If someone wonders that the two upper bumpers aren´t activated by DOF. The table config in DOF Config is wrong.

The two bumpers (8 bumper section, left and right bumper) in DOF config are missing the E101 / E102 call. Just add these lines like in the 10 bumper section above, save modified table config and generate new config files. Now bumpers are working as  expected.

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

STAT
                              Participant
                                @stefanaustria
                                MemberContributor

Thanks bord, thanks ClarkKent :good:

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Nice Pair … :heart:

Attachments:
                                  Micronaut
                                  Participant
                                    @micronaut

awesome!,im no know tis table,(only know the arcade game).this table is a “nice madness”,its diferent of standar pinball designer is also innovative,like this table and like your job,its a great recreation and very nice playable, :-)

Manddrakke
                                    Participant
                                      @manddrakke

I’ve changed a lot of walls but this one is always black, what will be the problem.

bord
                                        @bord

I’ve changed a lot of walls but this one is always black, what will be the problem.

Hi @Manddrakke, I’m afraid I don’t understand your question. What is always black? You may need to add a screenshot for clarification.

Manddrakke
                                        Participant
                                          @manddrakke

Hi @manddrakke, I’m afraid I don’t understand your question. What is always black? You may need to add a screenshot for clarification.

It does not allow changing or assuming the import to the wall, and is always black.I’ve changed a lot of walls inothers tables.

Attachments:
                                          bord
                                            @bord

Hi @manddrakke, I’m afraid I don’t understand your question. What is always black? You may need to add a screenshot for clarification.

It does not allow changing or assuming the import to the wall, and is always black.I’ve changed a lot of walls inothers tables.

Thanks for the screenshot, that helps.

decal
                                            Make sure that “enable decal” is checked. That should do the trick for you.

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?