Question about installing Pinmame 28b

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bob Albright
    Participant
      @bobalbright

I have a pinDMD2 in my Virtuapin cab. I see with the 28b download there are some folders having to do with pinDMD2. There is a folder called DMDext . In in are files DMDDevice.dll, DMDDevice, DMDDevice.log.config, and DMDDevice64.dll. There’s another folder called pinDMD2 which has files dmddevice.dll and dmddevice64.dll. What am I supposed to do with those files–where do they go? I am on XP which is 32 bit so I suspect the files with 64 are not relevant to me. Thanks!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

xantari
      Participant
        @xantari

They go into the root of the PinMame folder alongsize the Vpinmame DLL.

You then set the display type in the VPM config dialog on the ROMS or set them in the global registry key location.

DMDExt is another tool to allow you to use your pindmd2 for DMD’s from Pinball FX2 and other programs. It also has a virtual DMD renderer which I have yet to try out (I have a LCD screen for DMD instead of an actual DMD). The virtual DMD screen allows for more accurate DMD emulation on LCD screens and works with the colored DMD ROM modifications.

xantari
        Participant
          @xantari

Here is the readme for DMDExt: https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/blob/master/README.md

With a real DMD, you should setup Vpinmame to enable the External DMD output.

Open and Launch the table from Visual Pinball.  If DMD is missing, press F1 and check “Enable External DMD“.  press F3 or restart the table.

Bob Albright
          Participant
            @bobalbright

Ok..thanks for replying. I have no interest in FX2 so if I understand correctly it would be of no use to me. Which leaves the other folder..the PinDMD2 folder which has the dmd device.dll which I put in the pinmame folder. Right?…nothing more?  Thanks…just want to make sure that I completely understand

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Your correct Bob, but, in the long run there is a plan to replace all those different *.dll for one that “rules them all” – that one is named dmddevice.dll. Reason ? So, that the devs don’t have to spend resources on keeping us happy with different libraries. Progress ? Still some bugs and a lot of features to be added.

Bob Albright
              Participant
                @bobalbright

Thank you for clarifying everything for me. I got everything working correctly this morning!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?