Rambo NES Contra Mod (Graphics Mod)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rx2006je
    Participant
      @rx2006je

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/rambo-nes-contra-mod-graphics-mod/

My son made a Graphics NES Contra Mod of the Rambo table.  He wants to learn how to change the music but doesn’t know how.  Anyway he included a modified Rambo backglass and a wheel image in the file.

Big Thanks to Tom for letting him upload the graphics mod.

Version 1.1 has the Contra Backglass and changed a playfield image to better match the contra theme.  Would like to work with someone and learn how to change the music files to the Contra Table.  I have mp3 music files from the game if someone can show me how to use them.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

Did you try and upload this table?

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Sent him PM. Fix the screenshot and I’ll approve.

Update: Got tired of waiting. This is a one timer. I will not accept table uploads without screenshots already attached for the future.

rx2006je
          Participant
            @rx2006je

Thank you Thalamus this was a first time upload.  I fell asleep and was going to add the pictures today to the message you sent me.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

Gotta love Contra.  Good job and hopefully this leads to great things down the road.  Love to see people starting out young  :good:

maybe try and redo the backglass without Rambo and some NES figures or something.  That and the center wheel on the PF image will really make it pop

rx2006je
              Participant
                @rx2006je

Thanks Tom, I will let him know.  He has been on the look out for better images, but will keep looking for some high quality images.

charlieshakur
                Participant
                  @charlieshakur

:yahoo:

rx2006je
                  Participant
                    @rx2006je

Tom he has redone the image on the playfield as you suggested and we found a good high quality image to do the backglass.  See what you think.

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

That looks really good.  I am not home to try it but I definitely will.  Just FYI, when you make changes, there is a change log tab that you can explain what each version is and why the change.  When you upload the new version it tells people why they should download it.  Also, make sure on the info tab in the table you change the table name, version, your name…etc.

Glad to have you guys on and thanks again

xenonph
                      Participant
                        @xenonph
                        MemberContributor

Welcome!!!

Nice to see young people in this hobby!!

I saw this post from you…

“The two things he wanted to do to the Contra Mod was include contra music, and find a good large enough image for the backglass including the original contra characters.”

I then went on a Contra pic hunt!!

I found a great pic of the Shadow Beast entrance.
                        This is the defense system of the entrance to the second base.

As seen in game…

Konami-Contra-NES

And here is pic I found…

a75904b88a1d3b98ee85f057776f8044

I then borrowed Kramer73’s grill from his Rambo backglass, and added it to pic.

Untitled10

And then added a couple of logos…

Untitled15

Feel free to use any of these pics if you want to make a new backglass, or if needed, I can make the backglass for you.

Regarding adding the music from game.

I don’t claim to be an expert at this, but if nobody else has offered to help you with sounds, I would be willing to help.

The problem is, the rom sounds will need to be turned off to hear the Contra music clearly.

I already tried adding the music with the rom sounds still on, and I thought maybe I could just increase the volume, and it would drown out the rom music. But it never did.

So by turning off the rom sounds, this leads to another dilemna. You will lose all rom sound effects. Bumpers, rollovers, targets, and bonus count after ball is drained. So you would have to find sound effects for all of these events.

I would be willing to teach you the basics of what I know, and even script it for you if need be.

If you are interested, just send me a message, and I will send your table with rom sounds off, and rom sounds on, to show you what it will sound like.

Welcome to your new addiction, and thanks for sharing your sons work!!

I hope this is just the start of your sons table modding, and look forward to seeing his work in the future!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        rx2006je
                        Participant
                          @rx2006je

xenoph, thanks i am going to create him a user name and let him message with you about the music implementation.

Gamemodder36
                          Participant
                            @gamemodder

xenonph this is rx2006je’s son. My rofile is Gamemodder. I sent you a message.

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph
                              MemberContributor

Check your messages. I sent a few.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?