Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

Quick Install Guide for Reshade used with FSS tables.

FSS tables were modded with reshade active, and is a recommended install for better results using FSS tables.

Step 1: Download Reshade at: https://reshade.me/

Step 2: Install it, then run it, a pop-up will appear, to “select the game” .
    Step 3: Click that button and find the vpinball.exe and select it.
    Step 4: Click the DirectX 9 API option radio button.

Step 5:  Run vpinball, then run any table to start reshade. if all is well you will see

a banner at the top of the screen:

Reshade Config Part-1

Step 6: Shift + F2 to enter reshade setup,

(the VP keyboard popup will appear, click ok) and the reshade pop-up will then appear.

Reshade Config Part-2

Step 7: Check (select): Clarity, Luma Sharpen, Vibrance, and Adaptive sharpen.

Reshade Config Part-3

Step 8: Scroll down and check (select):  FXAA, High Pass Sharp,Magic Bloom, MXAO,  and SMAA.

Reshade Config Part-4

Step 9: by default reshade is in config mode (if not goto settings on menu, click usage mode and select configuration mode)

Step 9a: Select home on the menu.

Step 9b: Scroll lower window until you find MXAO.fx and modify the values to match the image below.

Reshade Config Part-5

Step 10: Select Settings on the menu, and under general/ preprocessor definitions add this line: MXAO_MIPLEVEL_IL=0

See image below.

Reshade Config Part-6

Step 11: You are almost done, all you need to do is put reshade back into performance mode.

Step 11a: Settings on the menu, and click usage mode , from the selection , select performance mode. see image.

Reshade Config Part-7

Reshade will reload all the shaders, and now just clickShift+F2 to exit reshade config.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing!

dcbenji
    Participant
    @dcbenji

How do you tell Reshade to use a different FX preset for each table? For example, Indiana Jones has so many pre-rendered shaders/fx that it doesn’t look good with the preset I’ve set up for, say, Big Bang Bar. I’d like to use Reshade in my cabinet but there doesn’t seem to be a simple way to switch between presets per table.

arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

How do you tell Reshade to use a different FX preset for each table? For example, Indiana Jones has so many pre-rendered shaders/fx that it doesn’t look good with the preset I’ve set up for, say, Big Bang Bar. I’d like to use Reshade in my cabinet but there doesn’t seem to be a simple way to switch between presets per table.

unfortunately It’s application level only.

playab0yyy
    Participant
    @playab0yyy

I don’t have the same options at step 7 under the Home tab.  Can’t follow along from that point forward. Also, I don’t have the same options under the Settings tab for step 10. For example, I don’t have Usage Mode as the 3rd option down like he does here. Suggestions?

arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

I don’t have the same options at step 7 under the Home tab. Can’t follow along from that point forward. Also, I don’t have the same options under the Settings tab for step 10. For example, I don’t have Usage Mode as the 3rd option down like he does here. Suggestions?

Yeah this tutorial is for version 3.0

1 user thanked author for this post.
    playab0yyy
    Participant
    @playab0yyy

So is there an updated tutorial somewhere? I’ve glanced around, but don’t see much at all as far as “how to’s” for reshade and pinball stuff.

arconovum
    Participant
    @nicholaschristopher
    MemberContributor

Unfortunately I have not made one for it, but I could give you a link to 3.0 though.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    playab0yyy
    Participant
    @playab0yyy

Actually, I just realized I don’t think I’ll need it anymore. Someone on the VP Nation Facebook group told me I would need reshade to get rid of the black box in the background (from the other thread we are speaking on). If that’s not the case, then I don’t plan on using reshade anytime soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW