Real PinMAME DMD in Pinup Popper

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BlackPredator72
    Participant
      @blackpredator72

In PinballX it was possible to display the actual PinMAME DMD on the real DMD when browsing tables.

Now I switched to Pinup Popper but I didn’t see this option….yet.

Can I do a request for the upcoming update of Popper?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

It is possible. @Nailbuster helped me to get my pindmd3 to do that, and he told me that a few other pin2dmd users before me had it working. I guess it is not documented yet since only a few have asked for it ?!

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

@thalamus :  Im not 100% sure he means videos of DMD on his realdmd.

If you’re asking about VPINMAME loading/unloading real ROMS while browsing each table, then that is not going to happen.    Same with people that have asked for B2S/directb2s loading in realtime instead of videos for backglass.  Too slow and just asking for instability….

If you’re asking about video/mp4 playing on realdmd then yes that is possible like Thalamus states.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Re-reading the question I see that you’re probably right @Nailbuster

32assassin
            Participant
              @32assassin

even if that was possible you do realize that some of the tables will give you an ‘Open door”  error

and will not display the animation.

I recorded a video for WWF recently,  and in order to get the animation going,  I first had to play a game.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

Yep, that issue with WWFRR has been around for a long time.

On integrating VPM or B2S in front end attract mode, I always thought that was a good idea that never works out in practice because of the boot message and pause for boot. Can try to select VPM setting to skip startup test but I don’t think it fully solves it. Videos are better.

Pinball Owner
                Participant
                  @djcult

@nailbuster

Can You Help me Please to Activate PUP to Show AVI/Mp4 Movies on My Real Pin2DMD? :unsure:

Thank You

NailBuster
                    @nailbuster
                    ModeratorMember

if you’re not new to PinUP Popper join the Pinup Facebook group and ask to be part of the PinUP v1.4 beta…  it is the easiest way to get your mp4s on your realdmds.

Balin
                    Participant
                      @balin

Hi,

I just started with a Pin2DMD. When using a monitor as DMD, I was able to record and play DMDs.

Now my former recorded DMD-mp4´s are playing on the Pin2DMD but not very pretty, so I tried to re-record them.

But after recoding PinUp Popper takes a recorded playfield video and tries to play it on the DMD and I can´t find the recorded DMD-video.

As I only found postings about people want to use their existing videos playing on a real DMD -> Is it possible to record a video from a real DMD (especially a Pin2DMD)?

Best regards

Balin

NailBuster
                        @nailbuster
                        ModeratorMember

no frontend can record whats displayed on a realdmd.

what some may do is temporary have freezy show the virtual dmd and record that.

but if its something you want to do regularly then you could get a dummy/hdmi adapter and put the virtual freezydmd always in the virtual desktop and setup to record off that at anytime?  Don’t know if anyone has done that…just thinking.  You’d need a decent PC/GPU to add that.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Balin
                        Participant
                          @balin

@Nailbuster:

what some may do is temporary have freezy show the virtual dmd and record that.

-> I´ll give that a try.

Thank you for your input.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?