Recommended Performance Settings?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

I should preface this by saying I don’t have a cab and just play tables on my desktop computer with those settings.

Several years ago after recommendations from other board members I enabled Force Exclusive Fullscreen Mode. I noticed an immediate increase to the clarity of VPX tables. However the down side is on about 50% of tables the DMD menu would not appear. DJRob was helpful in recommending importing textbox’s from other tables as well as minor code modifications in the script that force the DMD to appear with Fullscreen Mode enabled. However there are still 10 or so VPX tables that I still can’t get to view the DMD despite trying various tweaks. A couple of examples are the Cyclone and Diner tables (both outstanding recreations). I was playing around with graphical settings today and decided to disable Force Exclusive Fullscreen just to see graphically what they look like now with VPX version 6 final. Without tweaking a bunch of different settings the tables look like they did previously. Not quite as sharp. So I re-enabled Force Exclusive Fullscreen.

But it got me thinking. Do we have a recommendations within the last year or so on performance vs quality? Any general recommendations on the two Ambient Occlusion settings in the video options? Anti-aliasing settings?

Just really looking for feedback on what settings folks are using and the pros and cons of each. Thanks everyone here for making this such a fun hobby.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?