Recorded backglass pup pack videos stuttering

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Britman
    Participant
      @mrl72

Hey all

I’m finally getting around to the last stage of my PP setup and have started recording all the playfield, backglass, DMD etc. for use in the menu. So far so good but I noticed that the recorded backglass videos from all my pup pack tables stutter (like its a framerate issue) but in-game they play buttery smooth. I did a search on the forums and couldn’t find much so wondering if this is a known thing or isolated to me. If I locate the MP4 in the Pop Media\Visual Pinball X\BackGlass folder and play it in VLC the stutter is baked in. Playback of the actual game’s backglass MP4 in VLC is smooth. So it’s obviously a recording issue.

Also, and could be related, I’m getting slow playfield video playback when exiting a table back to PP. Here’s a video of it happening.

The other thing that’s happening is I am not getting a “seamless” transition between the loading video and the table appearing on the screen like I see in other users’ youtube videos. What happens is when UltraDMD appears the playfield display goes black, the backglass loads then the playfield doesn’t appear for about 10 seconds, just a blank, black screen.

I love PP but I’m planning on moving to 4K so if this can’t keep up with 1080p I’m not sure this is going to work out for me ?

Cheers.

me

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

If VPX is running in exclusive fullscreen…then it’s not unusual to have the screen go black for a few secs when entering a table and exiting a table because it’s switching to a different screen mode in Windows. That isn’t a Popper issue…it’s a Windows limitation (its called exclusive for a reason).

On newer updated versions of Windows 10, it might be able to have exclusive fullscreen apps run in “new fullscreen mode” (fullscreen optimizations), so that it acts like Borderless Windowed, and you may be able to ge a seamless transition.

Otherwise, there’s nothing else Popper can do.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Britman
        Participant
          @mrl72

If VPX is running in exclusive fullscreen…then it’s not unusual to have the screen go black for a few secs when entering a table and exiting a table because it’s switching to a different screen mode in Windows. That isn’t a Popper issue…it’s a Windows limitation (its called exclusive for a reason).

On newer updated versions of Windows 10, it might be able to have exclusive fullscreen apps run in “new fullscreen mode” (fullscreen optimizations), so that it acts like Borderless Windowed, and you may be able to ge a seamless transition.

Otherwise, there’s nothing else Popper can do.

OMG I can’t believe that’s all it was!! I think I tried every setting imaginable except that one. It also fixed the pixelation issue I was getting.

Thank you!!!

me

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?