Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

Stars is on the list – being prepped for VPE but will probably see VPX, too. This is more my checklist of current releases that I want to get into top shape and call done for VPX. Feels good to already have a few off the list… although Power Play will end up being a full refresh now instead of just a physics update.

Mr_H
    Participant
    @jhopwood

Awesome, for Stern Stars. Such a good looking table. I was just watching a stream where a guy has added an arduino board to the real machine changing the rules for it. And can switch between the 2 modes of gameplay. Looks very cool. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/757746620

Power Play would be fantastic, that looks like a lot of fun.

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

I can relate to this, while there are always ways to improve what we already have, as a whole I’m just tired of vpx.  It’s an amazing piece of software and so many great artists have managed to do so much with it but in an era where real time raytracing is about ready to become the norm, 2d lighting and the tedium of getting it to look really good is just a bummer.  I had planned to take another extended break after finishing the AG soccer table with randr but randr got busy and so did I so it’s shelved for now (I do vow to finish it though once we both have some time for it).  My hobby isn’t necessarily building 3D pinball toys, but rather 3D modelling in general and I’ve used vp as a means to motivate myself to improve and learn more about 3D and at this point I just feel like pinball doesn’t pose many challenges for me any longer except for maybe the odd toy.  I don’t really like spending all the time to make all the basic pinball parts so I’ve traditionally just contributed models to other peoples projects but I have made a few complete tables in 3D.

I really like to make 3D models that will actually be used for something, such as a pinball game,  some months back though I was presented with an opportunity to do a 3D build of an interior for a large estate on a well known GTA RP server that has a large twitch stream viewer base.  Without getting into too much detail,  I started to work on the modelling as well as research how to actually stream the assets properly in game.  I will say one thing, I greatly underestimated how complicated it is to actually make an interior for GTAV lol.  Fast forward to now and I have everything regarding my project figured out with the potential to learn a lot more,  I’ve congregated with other like-minded people to share information and learn and even gained some recognition and respect among my peers.  It’s been fun and exciting and of course very frustrating at times but for me seeing my models come to life in an actual AAA game (albeit modding) is really rewarding for me.  I haven’t felt this kind of enthusiasm for 3D modelling since I first started in the VP scene over 10 years ago.  I’ll post a video at some point so you guys can check it out but I’ve been trying to keep on the down-low for now as per the streamers request.

GTA/FiveM still presents me with a lot of interesting opportunities before it goes stale for me, I’m hoping that just as it starts to go stale that I can make some visits here to contribute to some VPE projects.

Honestly Bord I’ve been thoroughly impressed over the years at just how consistent you’ve been working on so many projects.  I felt the need to branch off from vp for a long time but I just couldn’t help myself from getting roped into another project, even now it’s hard for me not to when there’s so many things I’d like to see modelled or updated.  So when you make an outline for your exit strategy like this, I can totally relate,  I’m sure there’s a VPE table or two in our future. :)

3dcreation

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Often. I long for a “Appreciated” button, instead of a “Like” ;-) Meaning of course, sad to see that you guys are retiring, but, at the same time. Happy to hear that you’ve found new grounds and are enjoying what you’re doing. And, don’t be a stranger – we love to hear from you, contributing or not.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Thalamus.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Thalamus.
    Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Often. I long for a “Appreciated” button, instead of a “Like” ;-) Meaning of course, sad to see that you guys are retiring, but, at the same time. Happy to hear that you’ve found new grounds and are enjoying what you’re doing. And, don’t be a stranger – we love to hear from you, contributing or not.

I still lurk. :)

3dcreation

Scotty VH
    @scottt
    ModeratorMember

This reminds me of the time when VPX was the new thing, VP9 was the current thing, and JP Salas annouced his retirement.   As we all know, JP retired from VP9, but has delivered amazing contributions to VPX.  I hope the same is true for the amazingly talented bench looking at VPE vs. VPX.

bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

Comet is done.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/comet-1985-bord/

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mr_H, JR
Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW