Request: SSF “screen”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Psmiraglia
    Participant
      @psmiraglia

Hi,

Many folks run ssf with two separate sound cards. It would be great if pup allowed us to send SSF sound to a different screen from music, which should use the default card. The additional screen should be configurable to any secondary sound card in the cab.

Till then either no pup ssf, or rewire is required, assuming the default card supports 7.1, and the owner wants to go over reconfiguring all other working systems.
      Thanks.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Hi,

Many folks run ssf with two separate sound cards. It would be great if pup allowed us to and see sound to a different screen from music, which should use the default card. The additional screen should be configurable to any secondary sound card in the blood cab.

Till then either no pup ssf, or rewrite is required, assuming the default card supports 7.1, and the owner wants to go over reconfiguring all other working systems.

Thanks.

If your on-board sound doesn’t support 7.1, you can always buy a cheap 7.1 sound card and make that your default card. That would work for VPX and PuP SSF (and everything else in your cab).

I’ve never had any issue using a 2nd audio card as my DEFAULT and not needing to use the onboard sound.

Psmiraglia
        Participant
          @psmiraglia

I realize there are different ways to support ssf. I’m hoping pup can support the most common use cases rather than us having to reconfigure and rewire.

TerryRed
            @terryred

I realize there are different ways to support ssf. I’m hoping pup can support the most common use cases rather than us having to reconfigure and rewire.

I was under the impression that using a single 7.1 card is more the normal setup for SSF?

@DJRobx
                you should do a poll…  :)

Psmiraglia
            Participant
              @psmiraglia

No harm in supporting more than the “normal” is there ? after all, PUP supports 2,3, and 4 screens, and even putting table files in individual subfolders within /Tables/ . I also hear it supports MAME! Can you believe it ? MAME in a pinball cabinet ?!? ;-)

DJRobX
                @djrobx
                MemberModerator

I was under the impression that using a single 7.1 card is more the normal setup for SSF?

@djrobx you should do a poll… :)

The majority of people who post about their setups on FB are using 7.1.  But I built the SSF support in VPX to be flexible, so I wouldn’t need to create any silly polls.  :)  B-)

TerryRed
                  @terryred

No harm in supporting more than the “normal” is there ? after all, PUP supports 2,3, and 4 screens, and even putting table files in individual subfolders within /Tables/ . I also hear it supports MAME! Can you believe it ? MAME in a pinball cabinet ?!? ;-)

Well spoken… and yeah those guys playing MAME on a pincab are nuts….

TerryRed
                    @terryred

@djrobx you should do a poll… :)

The majority of people who post about their setups on FB are using 7.1. But I built the SSF support in VPX to be flexible, so I wouldn’t need to create any silly polls. :) B-)

I was more curious to know what everyone was actually using…since I myself don’t even have a normal SSF setup…. yet!

Dustin
                    Participant
                      @fwiler

I used two cards at one point to get around a Windows bug which made users have to reconfigure their surround preferences on each reboot.  That’s been sorted out now with drivers for realtek onboard.

It’s much easier now with one interface.  Recommend using one sound card (and removing reference to any hdmi sound for monitors or tv’s)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?