RetroFlair BAM Edition – PinEvent

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

I’ve got the 3 monitor setup PUP working fine with my 16:9 full lcd dmd and both this and halloween. They look great, just like your videos. :yahoo:

However my DOF does not work. I believe I’ve downloaded/updated everything. All of you previous FP MX/DOF tables work great with my MX/DOF setup.. including the prior Retroflair with MX/DOF. But when I launch the tables in F9 debug, FP says DOF is not installed/detected.DOF is not installed or detected

I’ve validated all checklist items but to no avail.

Any other ideas/suggestions out there?

I’ve done the following:

verified DOFLinux 7.14 and in debug see that it is paused by front end.

verified my directoutputconfig.ini has the proper ‘rom’ mappings

re-run RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe

no UAC, verified bam plugin is there at lowest security

Run FPLoader as admin (always have)

no other futuredmd or the like running

EVERY PUP pack and DOF for FX2, FX3, FP game all work.

Side note, in troubleshooting, I noticed with the current bam v1.5-252 the futuredmd running the awesome aliens game you did has lots of background corruption and is not present with previous bam.

Did you update PinEvent?

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Did you update PinEvent?

He has the new vbs files for sure, as those DEBUG messages aren’t on older versions. Glad I added them in though.

elvinu
        Participant
          @elvinu

In the support page for PinEvent download, It tells you how to set up in a popper to automatically turn off DOFLinx

I had some problems adding the instructions you mentioned.  Note that I’m not code savvy so I’m not sure what I did wrong:

I appended the new text to my existing text in my Launch Setup – Launch Script for Future Pinball:

rem FUTURE DMD. Remove “rem” on next 2 lines if you are using FutureDMD. Change the directory to where you have FutureDMD installed.

rem cd “C:\Future Pinball”
          rem START “” “FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 20 “Future Pinball”

rem This will load Future Pinball and your selected table using BAM (Better Arcade Mode).

START “” “[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe” /open “[GAMEFULLNAME]” /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

rem The following is to turn off DOFLinx if the table uses Pinevent like RetroFlair table
          cd /d c:\directoutput

if “[custom3]”==”NO_DOFLINX” (DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION=1)

START “” “[DIREMU]\FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 10 5 60 “BSP Software*”

START “” “[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe” /open “[GAMEFULLNAME]” /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

I appended the “closing” text to my existing Future Pinball Close Script:

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Future Pinball” 2 1

rem Remove “rem” on the next line to close Future DMD after exiting a table.
          rem taskkill /f /im “FutureDMD.exe”

rem The following is to turn DOFLinx back on if it was turned off above
          “[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Future Pinball” 2 1

cd /d c:\directoutput
          DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION=0

When I did this, I got the following error when loading the game from Pinup Popper:

error 1

Since I don’t use FutureDMD (whose exe is located in my C:\Future Pinball> folder),  I rem’d out that line (which I don’t know if I should have, ’cause I don’t know what I’m doing ;p):

I changed

START “” “[DIREMU]\FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1

to

rem START “” “[DIREMU]\FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1

This did get rid of the error message but it now causes two versions of the table to load.

Maybe the new lines of text are interfering with my existing lines?  If anyone knows what I’m doing wrong, please chime in.

TIA

elvinu
          Participant
            @elvinu

I had some problems adding the instructions you mentioned.  Note that I’m not code savvy so I’m not sure what I did wrong:

Never mind, I just noticed the similar lines of text from my existing launch script.  I ditched (rem’d out) my old launch script, kept the FutureDMD line rem’d out and I now don’t get the error message and only one version of the game loads.

Still not sure if I should have rem’d out that FutureDMD line but I’ll keep testing to see if I notice any weird things by going back and forth between this table and FP’s Tron.

TerryRed
              @terryred

I had some problems adding the instructions you mentioned. Note that I’m not code savvy so I’m not sure what I did wrong:

Never mind, I just noticed the similar lines of text from my existing launch script. I ditched (rem’d out) my old launch script, kept the FutureDMD line rem’d out and I know don’t get the error message and only one version of the game loads.

Still not sure if I should have rem’d out that FutureDMD line but I’ll keep testing to see if I notice any weird things by going back and forth between this table and FP’s Tron.

If you aren’t using FutureDMD…then you have no need for it, so keeping rem is fine.

elvinu
              Participant
                @elvinu

Never mind, I just noticed the similar lines of text from my existing launch script.

Just realized I also had a redundant line in the closing script.  I rem’d out the duplicate of the following:

rem “[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Future Pinball” 2 1

I think I’m OK now and ready to try Halloween.

Maybe a warning in the PinEvents page after “This is an example for Pinup Popper:”

Something to warn the uninitiated that the following may have duplicate lines to what already exists and if so, remove or rem out duplicates.

coreduo0099
                Participant
                  @coreduo0099

Just to close the loop in this thread…

Ok, well now my old install is working… AFTER I removed run as admin to the FPLoader.exe, which I had done before.

I think this is the short version of finding root cause…

After I tried disabling admin before on FPLoader.exe and it didn’t work, then I put it back on.

Then in all the other troubleshooting, I did find a few files that were one rev old with the DOF++ install that I missed early last year. But those updates appeared to not make a difference.

Now that they were updated AND I disabled admin on FPLoader.exe this time around, it worked.

The alternate fresh directory/path by default did not have admin privileges on FPLoader.exe upon install, thus it worked the first time as the underlying software was at the latest revisions…

pcx
                  Participant
                    @pcx1

amazing work terry, first got probs getting dof to work, i was running fploader as admin, when i changed that, dof was working, then the same in popper, after switching to non admin, dof was working there also, then i got probs with my vpx puppacks, so there also had to change vpx to non admin and also future dmd to non admin, now everything is working :)

alfons
                    Participant
                      @alfons

Thanks Terry and Nailbuster from

Spain. Sorry for my little english. Loving the table design!

I have a problem with the font size in my pinball. I use option 1: dmd in a panoramic monitor.

can i change the font size of the dmd?  is it done from the script?

Thanks a lot.A2D6E340-1855-4E36-94C3-C59AE123777CEC453895-0EB3-4DD0-A016-D787D4DCD16D

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Thanks Terry and Nailbuster from

Spain. Sorry for my little english. Loving the table design!

I have a problem with the font size in my pinball. I use option 1: dmd in a panoramic monitor.

can i change the font size of the dmd? is it done from the script?

Thanks a lot.A2D6E340-1855-4E36-94C3-C59AE123777CEC453895-0EB3-4DD0-A016-D787D4DCD16D

You need to setup your pup dmd display to a 4:1 ratio resolution, or the fonts won’t display correctly.

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

If you want to change it Per Puppack
                          http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout

Everly
                          Participant
                            @everly

I’ve got the 3 monitor setup PUP working fine with my 16:9 full lcd dmd and both this and halloween. They look great, just like your videos. :yahoo:

However my DOF does not work. I believe I’ve downloaded/updated everything. All of you previous FP MX/DOF tables work great with my MX/DOF setup.. including the prior Retroflair with MX/DOF. But when I launch the tables in F9 debug, FP says DOF is not installed/detected.DOF is not installed or detected

I’ve done the following:

This is my exact situation.  I’ve tried reinstalling the R++ DOF Setup, re-registering the Com Objects, running FPLoader as Admin and not as Admin, and changing the script as Terry suggested.  When I modified the PinEvent_Control.vbs as indicated I started getting Mediation Errors on table start up.  When I changed it back I was still getting the errors somehow.  I also noticed I no longer have MX Lights on the Pink Floyd table that MajorFrenchy released, although I have solenoid feedback on it.

I saw in the Jaws table Coreduo did a parallel install in a different directory and got it working so I will try that as well.  Side note for me is that I have also had DOF giving me issues in PinupMenu.  When I run my front end I haven’t had my MX Effects for several months.  I’ve tried Popper Doctor but haven’t been able to make any headway.  Terry is confident that “something” is blocking access to DOF in certain situations and that is a theory that fits the facts, but I would LOVE to get this figured out because I do like the Retro table PinEvent features and if I could combined the DOFLinx effects for it (which are still working ironically) that would be epic.  And I know Death Star Assault is coming….nuff said.  So if anyone has some insight I’m all ears.

TerryRed
                              @terryred

I’ve done the following:

This is my exact situation. I’ve tried reinstalling the R++ DOF Setup, re-registering the Com Objects, running FPLoader as Admin and not as Admin, and changing the script as Terry suggested. When I modified the PinEvent_Control.vbs as indicated I started getting Mediation Errors on table start up. When I changed it back I was still getting the errors somehow. I also noticed I no longer have MX Lights on the Pink Floyd table that MajorFrenchy released, although I have solenoid feedback on it.

I saw in the Jaws table Coreduo did a parallel install in a different directory and got it working so I will try that as well. Side note for me is that I have also had DOF giving me issues in PinupMenu. When I run my front end I haven’t had my MX Effects for several months. I’ve tried Popper Doctor but haven’t been able to make any headway. Terry is confident that “something” is blocking access to DOF in certain situations and that is a theory that fits the facts, but I would LOVE to get this figured out because I do like the Retro table PinEvent features and if I could combined the DOFLinx effects for it (which are still working ironically) that would be epic. And I know Death Star Assault is coming….nuff said. So if anyone has some insight I’m all ears.

Don’t run DOFLinx at all… and don’t run from a front-end and get this working without all that first.

The guys who had problems, had admin / security issues preventing FP from access DOF. They eventually got it working because they had something set to admin they shouldn’t have or needed to,etc.

PinEvent is simply accessing the DOF com object…nothing more. It’s not a program of any sort…. it’s just FP sending messages to the DOF com object. Popper works the same way.

DOFLinx however is a standalone program that does it’s own thing, and may be able to override certain things. The reason you have DOF working with DOFLinx is because it doesn’t use trigger normal DOF devices in the same way that VPX tables or PinEvent does. So with DOFLinx, the normal DOF may work (because DOFLinx does its own thing for DOF)… but the MX Leds won’t work because that part works similar to PinEvent and Popper.

All I can offer from the PinEvent side is this…

STEPS TO TRY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

Run FP in DEBUG mode (F9) each time! It will tell you what is happening and help you out!

CLOSE Future Pinball completely EVERY TIME you exit the table and load it to try again.

Then try these steps in order:

• be sure FuturePinball.exe is NOT Run as Admin
                              • set FPloader.exe to NOT Run as Admin
                              • be sure the PinEvent vbs files are not blocked by Windows
                              • be sure the COM Extensions file is not blocked by Windows
                              • disable all DOF and PUP options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the mode you are trying to use (Desktop, Cabinet/Arcade mode, VR)
                              • if the table now runs fine with DOF and all PUP features disabled… then PinEvent vbs files are working!
                              • now try enabling either DOF or PUP options (all pup features on or off together). Only one or the other!
                              • see what DEBUG window tells you to help narrow it down
                              • if you can get one or the other working on their own, that is good
                              • you may need to Run FPLoader.exe as ADMIN or NOT as Admin. Try both.
                              • its possible that either DOF or PUP will work with Admin set one way, but the other may not
                              • if that is the case… then some of your pup files may be set to Run as Admin (and should NOT be Run as Admin)
                              • or your DOF install may be restricting access to FP because of security / admin issues
                              • ideally… nothing on your system should need to be Run as Admin at all so it all works nicely together

If you can’t get both DOF and PUP working at the same time (but they work if the other is disabled)… that is not a PinEvent problem.

Its a Windows security / Admin / access problem that you need to figure out. Something in either DOF or PuP related files needs a setting change, or they may need to be updated.

Everly
                              Participant
                                @everly

Thank you for helping work through this Terry.  I’ve been doing all of this with DofLinx not running and launching BAM and the table directly, not thru my front end.  I’ve gone through and confirmed that FP, BAM, and all other programs are NOT running as Admin.  I then followed the steps you gave.

• be sure FuturePinball.exe is NOT Run as Admin (Confirmed it is NOT ADMIN)
                                • set FPloader.exe to NOT Run as Admin (Confirmed it is NOT ADMIN)
                                • be sure the PinEvent vbs files are not blocked by Windows (I use 7-Zip and then looked at the properties on each and the “Unblock” button was not shown)
                                • be sure the COM Extensions file is not blocked by Windows (Didn’t see the “Unblock” button.  I do see COM Extension in the Plugin section within BAM.  The only option that is shown the security level which I have set to “Same as VPX Don’t Care”)
                                • disable all DOF and PUP options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the mode you are trying to use (Desktop, Cabinet/Arcade mode, VR) if the table now runs fine with DOF and all PUP features disabled… then PinEvent vbs files are working! (I adjusted my Profile #2 so that everything was false and the table loaded)
                                • now try enabling either DOF or PUP options (all pup features on or off together). Only one or the other!
                                  see what DEBUG window tells you to help narrow it down if you can get one or the other working on their own, that is good (I set my PUP options to true and the table loaded and the videos all played as expected.  In the Debug window I saw the line “START PUP”  When I only had DOF set to true I had no videos and the line in the Debug window said “DOF not Installed or Detected”.  When I had them all set to true I had the videos and the same line about DOF not Installed)
                                • you may need to Run FPLoader.exe as ADMIN or NOT as Admin. Try both. (Tried it but was the same)
                                • its possible that either DOF or PUP will work with Admin set one way, but the other may not
                                  if that is the case… then some of your pup files may be set to Run as Admin (and should NOT be Run as Admin) or your DOF install may be restricting access to FP because of security / admin issues
                                  ideally… nothing on your system should need to be Run as Admin at all so it all works nicely together (I also checked my UAC setting and it is set to the lowest possible setting.  Not sure how else to set it to help)

I also tried the parallel install that Coreduo had success with it didn’t work for me.  I still have DOF and MX effects working on the DofLinx version of the Retro table so that is good.  Not sure why I lost the MX effects on the Pink Floyd table, I still have the feedback on that, although almost every bumper wants to activate the flipper contactors and not the associated solenoid.  But one problem at a time.

So we know the PinEvent is working as it activate the videos, it just doesn’t have access to DOF and it appears that Pinup Menu doesn’t either for some reason.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Thank you for helping work through this Terry. I’ve been doing all of this with DofLinx not running and launching BAM and the table directly, not thru my front end. I’ve gone through and confirmed that FP, BAM, and all other programs are NOT running as Admin. I then followed the steps you gave.

• be sure FuturePinball.exe is NOT Run as Admin (Confirmed it is NOT ADMIN)
                                  • set FPloader.exe to NOT Run as Admin (Confirmed it is NOT ADMIN)
                                  • be sure the PinEvent vbs files are not blocked by Windows (I use 7-Zip and then looked at the properties on each and the “Unblock” button was not shown)
                                  • be sure the COM Extensions file is not blocked by Windows (Didn’t see the “Unblock” button. I do see COM Extension in the Plugin section within BAM. The only option that is shown the security level which I have set to “Same as VPX Don’t Care”)
                                  • disable all DOF and PUP options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the mode you are trying to use (Desktop, Cabinet/Arcade mode, VR) if the table now runs fine with DOF and all PUP features disabled… then PinEvent vbs files are working! (I adjusted my Profile #2 so that everything was false and the table loaded)

see what DEBUG window tells you to help narrow it down if you can get one or the other working on their own, that is good (I set my PUP options to true and the table loaded and the videos all played as expected. In the Debug window I saw the line “START PUP” When I only had DOF set to true I had no videos and the line in the Debug window said “DOF not Installed or Detected”. When I had them all set to true I had the videos and the same line about DOF not Installed)

• you may need to Run FPLoader.exe as ADMIN or NOT as Admin. Try both. (Tried it but was the same)

if that is the case… then some of your pup files may be set to Run as Admin (and should NOT be Run as Admin) or your DOF install may be restricting access to FP because of security / admin issues

ideally… nothing on your system should need to be Run as Admin at all so it all works nicely together (I also checked my UAC setting and it is set to the lowest possible setting. Not sure how else to set it to help)

I also tried the parallel install that Coreduo had success with it didn’t work for me. I still have DOF and MX effects working on the DofLinx version of the Retro table so that is good. Not sure why I lost the MX effects on the Pink Floyd table, I still have the feedback on that, although almost every bumper wants to activate the flipper contactors and not the associated solenoid. But one problem at a time.

So we know the PinEvent is working as it activate the videos, it just doesn’t have access to DOF and it appears that Pinup Menu doesn’t either for some reason.

Not sure if you have been here or tried this:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=dof_registry&s%5B%5D=dof

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Everly
                                  Participant
                                    @everly

Not sure if you have been here or tried this:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=dof_registry&s%5B%5D=dof

Yes, I went thru all of those steps back when I was trying to get my MX effects working when I was in my Front End just because I thought they would be nice.  But I went thru and verified everything.  The last step was to actually raise the slider in User Access Control up as that has solved the issue for some people and I did that and then went back and checked running things AS ADMIN and NOT AS ADMIN but no dice so far.

Everly
                                    Participant
                                      @everly

Alright…made some major headway and I wanted to share what I think as going on.

Some time ago I had gone into UAC and set it to the lowest setting figuring that would prevent complications, but in the last part of that link to Nailbuster’s wiki I noticed this comment, “Everyone thinks that turning off UAC just shuts off some prompts, but it actually shuts down the whole system service that allows the desktop shell to elevate selected processes.” 

So even when you select files to run as an Administrator if this system is disabled it doesn’t really run that way.  So when I was running one of the few things that needs to be run As Admin (the RegisterComObject file) I really wasn’t.  I raised my UAC to the next lowest setting and ran the file.  It appeared to run the same way it normally does but now I have MX effects not only on the RetoFlair table but I got them back when I’m in the Pinup Menu front end.  It doesn’t appear that any of these programs need to be run As Admin, I just needed to actually run the RegisterComObject as Admin.

PinEvent now has access to DOF and in Debug I see Start DOF and Start PUP, so I am set to move into the next phase of setting up a PinEvent emulator in Pinup Menu so I can automatically pause DofLinx when I launch this table from my Front End.

This is the one oddball thing that I haven’t resolved yet.  Shortly before I started into wrestling with PinEvent I installed MajorFrenchy’s DofLinx MOD of the Pink Floyd table.  It plays great and I LOVED the MX effects.  For some reason in all of this I have lost the MX effects of this table.  I still have them on the DofLinx version of RetroFlair and Knight Rider, so I can’t figure out what happened there.  I also noticed that the DofLinx version of RetroFlair seems to fire my flipper contactors when almost anything happens whereas the PinEvent version is much more accurate.  The slingshots and bumpers activate the correct solenoids in PinEvent.  The Pink Floyd table still fires my feedbacks, but just like the DL RetroFlair my right flipper contactor is almost always firing to the point I often just press my Night Mode button to quiet it down.

Not sure if that last piece of info is a clue to what is happening or not.

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Alright…made some major headway and I wanted to share what I think as going on.

Some time ago I had gone into UAC and set it to the lowest setting figuring that would prevent complications, but in the last part of that link to Nailbuster’s wiki I noticed this comment, “Everyone thinks that turning off UAC just shuts off some prompts, but it actually shuts down the whole system service that allows the desktop shell to elevate selected processes.”

So even when you select files to run as an Administrator if this system is disabled it doesn’t really run that way. So when I was running one of the few things that needs to be run As Admin (the RegisterComObject file) I really wasn’t. I raised my UAC to the next lowest setting and ran the file. It appeared to run the same way it normally does but now I have MX effects not only on the RetoFlair table but I got them back when I’m in the Pinup Menu front end. It doesn’t appear that any of these programs need to be run As Admin, I just needed to actually run the RegisterComObject as Admin.

PinEvent now has access to DOF and in Debug I see Start DOF and Start PUP, so I am set to move into the next phase of setting up a PinEvent emulator in Pinup Menu so I can automatically pause DofLinx when I launch this table from my Front End.

This is the one oddball thing that I haven’t resolved yet. Shortly before I started into wrestling with PinEvent I installed MajorFrenchy’s DofLinx MOD of the Pink Floyd table. It plays great and I LOVED the MX effects. For some reason in all of this I have lost the MX effects of this table. I still have them on the DofLinx version of RetroFlair and Knight Rider, so I can’t figure out what happened there. I also noticed that the DofLinx version of RetroFlair seems to fire my flipper contactors when almost anything happens whereas the PinEvent version is much more accurate. The slingshots and bumpers activate the correct solenoids in PinEvent. The Pink Floyd table still fires my feedbacks, but just like the DL RetroFlair my right flipper contactor is almost always firing to the point I often just press my Night Mode button to quiet it down.

Not sure if that last piece of info is a clue to what is happening or not.

If DOFLinx is not able to make a LINK with a FP table that has DOFLinx support… then it will fallback to its “key to output” functions. This means that any FP table will make your flipper solenoids go off EVERYTIME you press the flipper button, no matter what is happening.

So you may not have doflinx making a proper connection to the FP Link for the table, and its just triggering your flipper solenoids on each button press.

DOFLinx works completely different than PinEvent. DOFLinx needs to use a workaround to open communication to FP. If that isn’t working the DOFLinx commands in the table won’t do anything for DOF.

PinEevent tables access and use DOF directly the same way VPX does (actually more direct than VPX tables normally do).

I’ll add more clarification to the guide. It says you “may” need to adjust UAC for DOF. This is true… in that UAC, Admin access  all are part of the same problem. Sadly I can’t say one setting is right or wrong because everyone’s install and setup could have been done differently for DOF.. and that affects all of this. Luckily pup works fine for most as long as they didn’t mess with any pup files. :)

Everly
                                        Participant
                                          @everly

If DOFLinx is not able to make a LINK with a FP table that has DOFLinx support… then it will fallback to its “key to output” functions. This means that any FP table will make your flipper solenoids go off EVERYTIME you press the flipper button, no matter what is happening.

So you may not have doflinx making a proper connection to the FP Link for the table, and its just triggering your flipper solenoids on each button press.

DOFLinx works completely different than PinEvent. DOFLinx needs to use a workaround to open communication to FP. If that isn’t working the DOFLinx commands in the table won’t do anything for DOF.

PinEevent tables access and use DOF directly the same way VPX does (actually more direct than VPX tables normally do).

I’ll add more clarification to the guide. It says you “may” need to adjust UAC for DOF. This is true… in that UAC, Admin access all are part of the same problem. Sadly I can’t say one setting is right or wrong because everyone’s install and setup could have been done differently for DOF.. and that affects all of this. Luckily pup works fine for most as long as they didn’t mess with any pup files. :)

I have suspected that my DOF wasn’t completely correct on some tables, but it appears to be more than just the Key to Output.  For example, on the DofLinx version of RetroFlair when I hit the spinner on the left side my right flipper contactor engages for every revolution.  I notice that the LEDs in my buttons also flash in sync with it.  Almost like it is firing every output I have, but it is happening off of the spinner while I’m not pushing any buttons.  The PinEvent version doesn’t do that.  The bumper field triggers my mid field solenoids, the slingshots trigger those solenoids and I only hear my flipper contactors when I press my flipper buttons.

So I completely agree that I am not establishing a link with DOFLinx on these other tables.  I was experiencing similar performance with my FX3 tables.  After registering the Com Object file as Administrator I placed a couple of those tables and now they seem to be running more accurately.

Which brings me back to the fact that I must not being linking to DOFLinx with these FP tables, but I am getting MX effects that are accurately based on the events of the FP tables (bumpers, slingshots, launch ball effects)  So what can I check to try to figure out where my break is?  The Debugging code you put in PinEvent was very helpful as we could quickly see I didn’t have a connection to DOF.  I ran the DofLinx tables in Debug but didn’t see anything helpful.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

I’ll add more clarification to the guide. It says you “may” need to adjust UAC for DOF. This is true… in that UAC, Admin access all are part of the same problem. Sadly I can’t say one setting is right or wrong because everyone’s install and setup could have been done differently for DOF.. and that affects all of this. Luckily pup works fine for most as long as they didn’t mess with any pup files. :)

I have suspected that my DOF wasn’t completely correct on some tables, but it appears to be more than just the Key to Output. For example, on the DofLinx version of RetroFlair when I hit the spinner on the left side my right flipper contactor engages for every revolution. I notice that the LEDs in my buttons also flash in sync with it. Almost like it is firing every output I have, but it is happening off of the spinner while I’m not pushing any buttons. The PinEvent version doesn’t do that. The bumper field triggers my mid field solenoids, the slingshots trigger those solenoids and I only hear my flipper contactors when I press my flipper buttons.

So I completely agree that I am not establishing a link with DOFLinx on these other tables. I was experiencing similar performance with my FX3 tables. After registering the Com Object file as Administrator I placed a couple of those tables and now they seem to be running more accurately.

Which brings me back to the fact that I must not being linking to DOFLinx with these FP tables, but I am getting MX effects that are accurately based on the events of the FP tables (bumpers, slingshots, launch ball effects) So what can I check to try to figure out where my break is? The Debugging code you put in PinEvent was very helpful as we could quickly see I didn’t have a connection to DOF. I ran the DofLinx tables in Debug but didn’t see anything helpful.

DOFlinx is a completely different thing to PinEvent. The tables won’t give you any info. You need to run DOFLinx in it’s own DEBUG mode, which is enabled in the doflinx.ini

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 91 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?