RetroFlair BAM Edition – PinEvent

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

I updated BAM to 1.5 and now I’m getting multiple errors with all my PinEvent tables. For Retroflair, I’m getting the line 456 “initrakedballs” error. Any ideas?

1.5…. what? The latest version is 1.5-315.

Updating BAM to the “newest” version won’t make any PinEvent tables stop working if they worked before. The only thing that could change are a Win 10 update or security settings on your PC that may restrict BAM from working correctly. You should have Defender completely disabled (exceptions are no longer good enough). you may possibly need to run FPLoader.exe as administrator.

Be sure you have FP completely closed before trying a new table or reloading the same table.

tmagni78
      Participant
        @tmagni78

@TerryRed:  Thank you, you’re a legend.  I disabled Defender (I was already running FPLoader.exe in Admin mode) and that solved it.  Must have been an update as you said.  I initially upgraded BAM to play the new T2 SKYNET table and really didn’t play any of the PinEvent tables again until yesterday.  Coincidental timing.

defre1976
        Participant
          @defre1976

Hi ,

What is the first song when you start a game . I would like to take it as audio sample in frontend .

thx

TerryRed
            @terryred

Hi ,

What is the first song when you start a game . I would like to take it as audio sample in frontend .

thx

It’s from the arcade game Ninja Warriors, but this is the Amiga version’s music.

junktape
            Participant
              @junktape

I cannot thank you enough for all the tutorials you and Nailbuster have posted together – thanks to you both I’ve successfully set up VPX, Future Pinball, Pinup, FreezyDMD, DOFLinx over the last few weeks.  All my tables are working and I’ve learned a lot from troubleshooting and forums.   One of the only two tables I still struggle with however is Retroflair BAM edition.   I can get the table to run fine (version 1.4) but when I try to use the pup pack I get one of two errors…

If I don’t set up one of the pup options, I see the left and right ramps in the windows reserved for the backglass and DMD.

But when I do select any option – using its pup files in the pack’s root folder and then clicking on the .bat for the matching option…

…The table consistently crashes after about five seconds after being loaded.

I don’t know where I’m having a conflict, other PinEvent tables run fine.  I’ve been looking for a solution and tried most of the pinup troubleshooting FAQs I could find.   I will feel terrible if there is an obvious answer I missed, but I could really use some advice or the link to something that may help.    Please and thank you – I love this community.

Oh and I’m using a two-screen cabinet setup – with my playfield on a horizontal display and my second monitor as a backglass.   I’ve continually ensured the monitors are set up in the proper manner.

Thank you!

That's all folks!

TerryRed
                @terryred

I cannot thank you enough for all the tutorials you and Nailbuster have posted together – thanks to you both I’ve successfully set up VPX, Future Pinball, Pinup, FreezyDMD, DOFLinx over the last few weeks. All my tables are working and I’ve learned a lot from troubleshooting and forums. One of the only two tables I still struggle with however is Retroflair BAM edition. I can get the table to run fine (version 1.4) but when I try to use the pup pack I get one of two errors…

If I don’t set up one of the pup options, I see the left and right ramps in the windows reserved for the backglass and DMD.

But when I do select any option – using its pup files in the pack’s root folder and then clicking on the .bat for the matching option…

…The table consistently crashes after about five seconds after being loaded.

I don’t know where I’m having a conflict, other PinEvent tables run fine. I’ve been looking for a solution and tried most of the pinup troubleshooting FAQs I could find. I will feel terrible if there is an obvious answer I missed, but I could really use some advice or the link to something that may help. Please and thank you – I love this community.

Oh and I’m using a two-screen cabinet setup – with my playfield on a horizontal display and my second monitor as a backglass. I’ve continually ensured the monitors are set up in the proper manner.

Thank you!

Try disabling PUP Stream (if you enabled that) and see if that is causing a crash.

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Coming soon…

Retroflair - BAM Edition 1.5 (PinEvent 1.1) wip 6

TerryRed
                    @terryred

…also coming soon…

Tron Test 2

2 users thanked author for this post.
                    TerryRed
                      @terryred

No updates to the table or PuP-Pack… just sad that I feel the need to add this to the download:

Disclaimer and Terms of Usage of PinEvent:

I have made PinEvent and my PinEvent tables so they can be shared and enjoyed by the entire virtual pinball community.

I have created the PinEvent vbs files / code and all my PinEvent tables / mods in a way so they will work in ALL setups. This includes desktop, vr, and ALL cabinet setups which will include 3 screen / 2 screen / real DMD, etc.

There is no need or reason to edit or mod any PinEvent table (except for custom PinEvent settings), or a need to edit the pup-packs in order to get them to work on ANY setup and have them work as intended by myself and the “correct” way.

I have no problem with anyone changing or modding my tables / pup-packs for “personal” use.

I DO NOT authorize anyone to distribute any of my PinEvent tables / mods / pup-packs or the PinEvent vbs files or code, or distribute any mod of such, for any reason on any site / group / share of any sort, unless I have given permission to do so.

You can use portions of PinEvent code (in relation to adding DOF and PUP working) on your own FP table in the table script… but do not use the PinEvent specific code on any table.

Please do not use the name PinEvent in reference to any other table or code, or in relation to adding DOF or PUP to a FP table.

If you have downloaded anything to do with PinEvent from another site or location that I have not posted myself… or are using a modded version, then you are not using proper PinEvent tables / software / pup-packs.

I will NOT give support to anything except for the PinEvent vbs files / tables / pup-packs I myself have posted on this site.

PinEvent represents my own personal work and standard that I have worked very hard to create… and also “support”.

All I ask is that you get it from the source where I have posted it. Doing so will ensure it will always work as intended with any updates to PinEvent or the tables / pup-packs I create (which are often)… as well as any changes I have made to ensure compatibility with new updates / features from BAM.

If you do download and play a PinEvent table from here… PLEASE give feedback on THIS site’s forum… and even better post videos of it in your cabinet. It’s the only way I can ever know if people enjoy what I create… or if I need to make any fixes.

Thank you.

TerryRed

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      TerryRed
                        @terryred

For those who are using the new vp community friendly Popper Baller Installer (which installs FP and BAM and PinEvent):

• cabinet users who chose the “correct” layout and setup their pup displays correctly “should” be good to go after the Baller Installer is done. If you download new PinEvent tables… you will still need to run the correct PuP-Pack Option BAT file in each pup-pack that matches your setup. Know what your cabinet setup is!
                        • if having problems such as table script errors… its mostly likely a Windows related problem. Read the PinEvent Install Guide and FAQ for solutions
                        • Desktop single screen users are NOT setup for PuP options by default! You MUST enable those options and setup a fake monitor driver, as noted below.

============================

How to make PuP-Packs work on a single screen desktop (for FP PinEvent tables only) if using Baller Installer to install FP and PinEvent:

(this applies to single screen desktop ONLY!)

– be sure the table works normally first (without PuP-pack running)
                        – ALWAYS completely close FP after exiting a table or reloading anther table… EVERYTIME!
                        – use a dummy plug monitor (if possible on your video card), or install a fake monitor driver (link is on PinEvent install guide). This is where you will display the pup-pack to stream from.
                        – be sure your dummy/fake monitor is set to 1920×1080 (16×9). The fake monitor driver may need to be re-enabled every time on your PC’s startup
                        -be sure all your monitors are set to 100 for Text Scaling in windows Display settings. Reboot.
                        – using PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat, use Quick Position to set the pup “Game Select” display on the dummy / fake monitor (this is what the “Desktop PUP Stream” pup-pack option uses for size / position reference)
                        – edit “FuturePinball \ Scripts \PinEvent_Settings.vbs” with notepad
                        – in the Desktop profile set PUP, PUPDMD, and the PUP Stream options to true
                        – in the PUPDMD settings section, be sure pupdmddrivertype = 2
                        – in each table’s pup-pack folder…. run the ” PUP Stream – Desktop” BAT file to copy the needed settings over
                        – DO NOT use “PuP-Packs on top!”
                        – DO NOT run FP in windowed or a forced borderless windowed mode. Only run it in Fullscreen

Links for the fake monitor driver are on the PinEvent Install guide

Now when you run the table…. after about 5 secs, the pup-pack should start streaming “properly” and cleanly.

If you are using Popper as a front end for a desktop… then you will need to remove the lines in FP’s launch and close script that enable the FP Backglass and Arcade mode.

====================================

TerryRed
                          @terryred

RetroFlair 2 – EPIC Gamez N Tunes

Preview Video featuring Table features and the entire Tron EPIC Gamez mode.

Finally…the first preview of my EPIC sequel to ROM’s classic FP table. Be prepared to have your jaw drop as you have never seen virtual pinball like this! This features the most EPIC Tron pinball game ever made… with a surprise “BIG” ending!

Get yourself some popcorn, get comfy…. and watch the entire video from start to finish.

I don’t want to say too much and spoil the MANY cool moments you will see. I show the entire Tron mode playthrough non-stop… and its one EPIC moment after another.

This was a real work of passion to try things I’ve always wanted to do, and also show what can be done in digital pinball with a little imagination and time. This table is using many of BAM’s latest features, as well as using the new “TerryRed texture animation” method I came up with that is used throughout the table. Combined with FP-BAM’s amazing dynamic lighting, this makes for stunning visuals.

I’ve always wanted to do my own table and also my own version of a Tron pinball game and here it is.. You won’t be disappointed.

Thanks go out to those who contributed resources:

SLAMT1LT – (Tron sounds and music and inspiration from his excellent Tron tables)
                          Wild – (Tron disc conversion)
                          Schreibi34 – (for his gorgeous insert jewel images)
                          Rom – (for the original RetroFlair table, ghost / lightcycle / lightjet models)
                          Gimli, GeorgeH, Wild, Steve Paradis, shiva and others at Pinball Nirvanna for support
                          ravarcade – for the amazing BAM that continues to evolve and allows imagination to drive pinball creation and unique experiences

Keep an eye out… there are more EPIC Gamez to come!

@3rdaxis
                          @G5K @xenonph

I think you guys in particular will love what you see… as will any Tron fan.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?