Rocky (Gottlieb 1982)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/rocky-gottlieb-1982/

Fresh VPX build of Gottlieb’s 1982 Rocky.  Randr and I did a lot of work trying to get this table as authentic as possible.  Special thanks to him for all the countless hours of scripting, primitive work and testing and also for being a great mentor.  Thanks to Unclewilly for use of his playfield image and the plastic images which Randr made into primitives.  Also thanks to Bord for his Pink Panther table which was used during the script build as reference.

If you have never played this table or don’t know the rules, check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJbRubgqHPQ.  TNT does a great job explaining these.  He also tells the story of the actual pinball table in the Rocky movie, very interesting.

I also want to thank Wildman for his backglass he made that was exclusively used, and broken,in the movie.  http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5567-rocky-gottlieb-1982/

Enjoy!

Total of 30 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      rgarriott
      Participant
        @rgarriott

Looks great. Iv never played this table before but looks interesting with the 4 flippers at the drain holes.

Great job guys

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Neat table was a fun build. Drop targets are great and to get most points hit only round number you need! Makes it fun to play??

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks, Tom and randr. This is a really fun layout. Really appreciate your work on this.

Herweh
            Participant
              @herweh
              vipMemberContributor

This table has for sure a very unique layout. Thx a lot, guys, looking forward playing it.  :good:

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

Great B-)  Thanks Tom & randr, of Course also UW, bord and Wildman :good:

IMG_20190623_235041

1 user thanked author for this post.
                STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks guys for making this table guys. I was given a early beta, but, then there where so many other interresting posts about physics and kicker cups etc. So, it hasn’t been played much. So, now I’m looking forward to play it with the info from TNT and other sources. I just love to know as much as possible about a table when playing. I wish I knew a bit more about new Sterns this weekend  :wacko:

Teahaus
                    Participant
                      @teahaus

Thanks for the new tables Tom!  I remember this one as a kid, everyone wanted to play and we all sucked at it because of those 4 flippers.  And guess what, I still suck at it!!  But it is fun………..that centre drain is funny………..

Mark70
                      Participant
                        @mark70

Great looking table, I’m looking forward to trying it out after work tonight.
                        Thanks guys!

dazzadasha
                        Participant
                          @dazzadasha

Nice job, thanks. Never did get the 4 flipper thing on this one. Theres no shots that you couldn’t hit with just 2 flippers. Did Rocky have 4 hands or something?

Pinbolt
                          Participant
                            @pinbolt

Wow, what for a highlight. Thank you very much.

redrooster
                            Participant
                              @redrooster

I’ve been hoping/asking/pushing for this one since I started the hobby 2 years ago.  Very excited to give it a try this evening.  Thank you!

casimir
                              Participant
                                @casimir8740

beautiful table: but I have a problem:
                                when the ball goes out, it comes to the level of the launcher and leaves where it came from: it does it on my pincab but not on my desktop.

An idea?

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Not sure I understand problem your having can you show in a photo?

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I don’t think I put a gate in lockout for plunger lane maybe that’s your problem. Did you change POV at all?

for IOS and Android

casimir
                                    Participant
                                      @casimir8740

Sorry for my english

Attachments:
                                      Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

You can easily fix that by a one direction gate. Most tables have that already in place, unfortunately they leave it visible which isn’t great. There is no tables made where there actually is a gate there, but, it prevents what you describe from happening. Of course you can change the angle of the eject and stuff like that to make it not happen. I find it odd though that you see a difference between a desktop machine and your cabinet.

I haven’t tried this table yet, been too busy today with other things so I’m hoping to get time to try it out tomorrow. Pretty sure that I’m right though in my assumptions.

casimir
                                        Participant
                                          @casimir8740

I ll try the 1.1 version : ok the ball comes out: it allowed me to find the real problem, the ball is like in weightlessness and I can not launch it.

I don’t understand the difference beetween the pinab and the computer

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

@casimir8740 redownload new version we fixed issue for ya

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?