ROM score on PUP Pack backglass?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    zimbakin
    Participant
      @zimbakin

Is it possible to display a pin mame ROM score on a PUP Pack backglass (similar to B2S)?

Never take advice from me,
      you'll end up drunk.

LynnInDenver
      Participant
        @lynnindenver

I’ve been working on the solution to that, believe it or not. There’s a Beatles mod to Seawitch floating around out there that does it, and I’ve been working out what amounts to the “minimum” amount of subroutine I need to add to any table. I just need to compile the font table information I’ve figured out so far before I post anything, while there’s crossover, each manufacturer did something slightly different with their alphanumerics. But what I’ll have is basically “add this set of subroutines, this variable, and this timer”, and it’ll basically work.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

zimbakin
        Participant
          @zimbakin

That sounds brilliant, thank you.

The Table/ROM I’m wanting to do this with is ‘sshuttle’ for JP’s TAITO Space Shuttle, which is a digital display type. 

you'll end up drunk.

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

So here’s a set of routines to paste into the table script… you’ll want to replace the UpdateLEDs subroutine with the one included, it has the added bits to interpret the PinMAME LED display driver output. The folder goes into the sshuttle folder under PUPVideos, and is just a “placeholder” black background for the backglass PuP screen. Other than that, this is deliberately bare bones as I don’t know what you’re planning on doing with it.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

zimbakin
            Participant
              @zimbakin

Thanks so much LynnInDenver, I really appreciate this! I’ll have a play with it and see it I can work it out.
              I’m working on a Top Gun themed mod here

If I can get the alphanumeric score to display over the PUP pack even in it’s most basic form I’m done.

you'll end up drunk.

LynnInDenver
              Participant
                @lynnindenver

Space Shuttle is an early solid state in either form, so it should just be numeric displays.

zimbakin
                Participant
                  @zimbakin

PUPSCREEN 2 backglass placeholder appears as expected, however none of the labels are printing to the screen “Play1score” “Ball” etc.
                  Tried it with the example table + a couple of others, same result. Scotty’s Orbital table with a similar routine works fine, however I can’t spot the difference in the script.

Is there anything obvious I’m missing?

you'll end up drunk.

LynnInDenver
                  Participant
                    @lynnindenver

That’s a bit strange, it was working for me last I fiddled with it. But I had some initial problems with it not wanting to display numbers for some unknown reason. I’ll send you the actual table file here via private message.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    zimbakin
                    Participant
                      @zimbakin

That works, thanks. Will check the script to see where I went wrong  :wacko:

you'll end up drunk.

LynnInDenver
                      Participant
                        @lynnindenver

I might have missed getting you information, too. Let me know if I did and what it was.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?