This topic contains 36 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Cadelle32 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Doesn’t hyperspin page host vpu? Did anything change in hyperspin forums?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I am not sure bro.

I have really never checked out hyperspin too much.

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

I just checked Hyperspin, no word on changes to that sort of thing. They do certainly seem to use the same software for their forum. They’re dedicated to just the front end, so I don’t think they ever had ROM files for download.

The Loafer 
    Participant

Is Dazz not the guy who runs VPU?  Paging @dazz!

Schreibi34 
    Participant

I hope it’s just maintainance!

I had an argument with one of the VP silverbacks just about a week ago. And i still stand for what i said! Don’t you ever think that anything provided here is yours just because you made it or uploaded it! They do watch us and we steped over the line a couple of times. The excellent creations of tables lately doesen’t make it any easier for us! The last thing the companys want is that tables for free are looking and playing better then the commercial ones. I don’t think that we are at that point right now, but the day might come. No matter if this is a maintainance or legal thing, it gives us an outlook of how it feels when they pull the plug. And it doesen’t feel good right now!

Wildman 
    Participant

Funny how paranoia sets in so fast  LOL…   Dazz just doing maintenance and checking into what happened at VPF …  No worries roms section be back up soon…Be patient  :good:

3 users thanked author for this post.
     Schreibi34 
    Participant

I can see you sitting on the couch with a beer and popcorn watching us panic!

Seriously, i learned something from this!

xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I am naturally paranoid, so sometimes I don’t even have a say in the matter. lol

Glad to see its just maintenance.

Of course I thought the worst!!

I can go dig up my rom collection now, that I buried in back yard for safe keeping. lol

Thanks for the info Wildman!!

It is appreciated my friend.

Carry on.

Schreibi34 
    Participant

Don’t think that i learned not to panic! LOL! It’s more that i learned that a lot of us know that we’re just tolerated and that they are watching us! We shouldn’t step over the line to often.

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

OK, good to know at least most of the ROMs might be back soon. Although I wouldn’t blame him for wanting to not get a knock on the door from Gottlieb and preemptively removing their ROM files.

shiva 
    Participant

Gottlieb roms have been removed since the shivasite days. I had to handle it then, and several people over at VPF knew that Gottlieb roms (and manuals) were not to be made available. As to the others, maybe a complaint was made to protect the new Williams license, but who knows.
    Guess you vpxers are going to have to learn scripting if you want to do any gottlieb games.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: Jungle Girl

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@shiva I know it’s nothing new that’s been common knowledge for many many years. Funny how vpf seemed to think they had some right. Paul actually said he was the only one that could host them but I always found that hard to believe lol

i wonder if vpf was including them with everything else they include in a commercially sold cab.  That would not surprise me at all

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

shiva 
    Participant

That’s funny, but not surprised he feels he has the right to host roms, though I’m sure destruk told him that Gottlieb has objected before (15+ years ago). I may have a couple issues with him, but it’s still a impact on everyone no matter what. I doubt he was including roms with his products, that would be more than a take down notice there, and more than likely legal action.
    You know someone will just put them up on torrent soon enough anyway. :)

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: Jungle Girl

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

There are some MAME Pages on the Web, and you will find the Pinball ROMS there too … :bye:

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

But if there are some Guys, they want to get some Money – start a Crowdfunding, i am in with some Dollars,
    no Problem because i don’t want to die as a Thief … B-)

Wildman 
    Participant

From Dazz = The ROM’s section is back up. Gottlieb ROM’s have been removed.  We did not get a C&D like VPF may have, but I removed them as I don’t want to deal with it. ;-)

5 users thanked author for this post.
     Cadelle32 
    Participant

Gotlieb roms could be shared on SoulseekQT which is a music sharing platform, if someone had them and felt like pissing them off, my cab was damaged and I lost all mine or I would do it

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account