Scared Stiff (Bally 1996)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    senseless
    Participant
      @senseless

Thanks for sharing the beta, will definetly give it a test tonight. Was playing Scared Stiff the other night with my daughter and this is still such a funny table. Even made it through the Stiff-o-Meter :). Sleepy head, air head, fish head! Just great fun.

ozg
      Participant
        @netweight

Moving forward!

rothbauerw
          @rothbauerw
          ModeratorContributorMembervip

@nFozzy

Got a few games in tonight with the updated script you posted.

I really, really like it!   :good:  Physics feel much better to me, especially the flippers.  Much tighter on this version.  I’ve already updated my cab I like it so much.

Not really a big deal, but I think flipper, ball, and playfield shadows would be a nice addition to the table.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

@nfozzy Got a few games in tonight with the updated script you posted. I really, really like it! :good: Physics feel much better to me, especially the flippers. Much tighter on this version. I’ve already updated my cab I like it so much. Not really a big deal, but I think flipper, ball, and playfield shadows would be a nice addition to the table.

I agree with all of that!!!

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Plays very good.

Question for VP gurus. So I remember that’s it’s recommended for desktop users to use 0,0,0 for the clearcoat layer. This helps so no sheen is seen on the table. I thought someone else was saying that you should disable the glossy layer (so set that to 255, 255, 255)? I did both of those and the table looked amazing. Maybe it was my imagination though?

nFozzy
              Participant
                @nfozzy

Yeah there’s some weird stuff going on with the materials. Hopefully it will be fixed with VP10.3.

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

Fozzy, I know you post in the beta thread, so you probably already know this, but related to the clearcoat comments, there were some fixes for materials in 10.3 beta 3069 that may clear up some of the fuzziness that was happening for a few revisions… I honestly haven’t had a chance to test.  TNT2, I haven’t noticed the same effect with glossiness that I do with the clearcoat layer.

Scotty VH
                    @scottt
                    ModeratorMember

This table looks and plays so great!  Thanks nfozzy and hauntfreaks for picking up this effort again!

Nemo
                    Participant
                      @nemo

I just LOVE the colorized GI….man that pops !! Only snag, i have NO mech sounds…….have to dive into the script and see whats happening……

Nemo
                      Participant
                        @nemo

Never mind…….. i managed to blow up my second amp for the pmd…….replaced it with a beefier one  :yes:  all is good again  B-)

mordroc
                        Participant
                          @mordroc

This table is great, but for some reason I can’t get the Spider to show over the playfield like I believe it is supposed to.  I have “SingleScreenFS =1” in the script.  I think this is supposed to make the Spider appear over the playfield when in the spinning mode?  I have a dual monitor cabinet setup, with a 270 degree rotation for the main playfield to fit my sideways vertical monitor.  Another sideways monitor is above showing the DMD and a default backglass image.  I am not running animated backglass files at this time.

Perhaps the Spider is appearing but somewhere way off screen.  I see further down in the script some position settings for the Spider.  Perhaps do I need to change some of those parameters.

Screen 1 (main):  1080×1920 (portrait) / Screen 2 (backglass):  1024×1280 (portrait flipped)

Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance.

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

This table is terrific. Thanks again for the update nfozzy.

vogliadicane
                            Participant
                              @vogliadicane

I think this “beta” is great, I absolutely love this new lighting. Especially those flasher reflections on the side walls are dope, they add so much depth in a cab. Don’t you want to add those also for the blue flashers in the laboratory? Would be great I think.

Well, although the Colorized GI version delivers by far the most Drama, I like all three GI versions and installed all of them. Surely there needed to be different wheel images so I made them. If somebody want them here they are:

For the physics, they are very good, flippers are actually very grippy. But for my taste the ball acts a bit too bouncy all in all. So I increased the gravity constant to 1 and changed the playfield friction to 0,042, which is a bit better, but not really happy with it…

nFozzy
                              Participant
                                @nfozzy

Thanks for that. There’ll be one more GI option, just a plain white. Other stuff is still WIP

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                nFozzy
                                Participant
                                  @nfozzy

Okay finally new version.

Version 1.3 Changelog by nFozzy
                                  Optimization
                                  New GI in 4 flavors: Soft White, Cool White, White, and Colorized
                                  New Boogiemen
                                  New sounds, (please use the 10.4 beta!) new physics
                                  Added (limited) Support for pre-production roms with the kickback
                                  -The aux light board isn’t emulated properly, so crate and deadhead LEDs are not working atm.
                                  -these roms have very early code and therefore simplified game rules.
                                  Bugfixed Single Screen Fullscreen support

Notes:
                                  You can change the GI in-game by hitting the Right magnasave while holding down the left magnasave
                                  The dancing boogiemen feature must be toggled on in the ROM. It’s Feature Adjustment 32.
                                  STUTTERING ON OLDER VIDEO CARDS: please consider utilizing ‘max texture dimensions’ in the video options
                                  -this table utilizes an 8K(!) Playfield and may overload your ram as a result!

9 users thanked author for this post.
                                  HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

you the man Fozz  :good:

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

NICE!

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Ben Logan2
                                      Participant
                                        @benlogan2

Great news! Such a great table. Thanks so much for the update, nFozzy.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you so much.

Sven34
                                          Participant
                                            @sven34

Thanks guys, for  Scared Stiff  :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 199 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?