Scared Stiff (Bally 1996)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    -=Dozer=-
    Participant
      @dozer

This  is  a real beauty -thanks for taking the time to make it.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

3 updates to all very nice tables. Super happy with them all. Something to really show off to friends :heart:

Umpa
        Participant
          @umpa

Woo Hoo! Thank you! Looks awesome!

sam80
          Participant
            @sam80

Nice update. Love your scared stiff table ! Thanks Nfozzy  :good:

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

Loving new flipper physics. Glad they’re on all three new tables. Awesome colored lighting option on this one. Thanks, nFozzy!

Scooby
              Participant
                @scooby

What a great table, thanks for sharing!  Does anyone have fullscreen view settings that fill the screen a bit more? I like the default view, but just looking for other view options…and I’m having a heck of a time with the camera view/settings.

Thanks!

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

What a great table, thanks for sharing! Does anyone have fullscreen view settings that fill the screen a bit more? I like the default view, but just looking for other view options…and I’m having a heck of a time with the camera view/settings. Thanks!

heres mine…

SS_pov <<<—–POV XML FILE

Attachments:
                  Tony
                  Participant
                    @2martoes

This is my all time

Favourite pinball Thank you so much for your hard work its beautiful!

TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

Does 10.4 handle lighting effects differently than previous versions? I noticed on nFozzy’s recent updates environmental emission and ambient occlusion are both set to 0.

nFozzy
                      Participant
                        @nfozzy

The table lights are disabled. I made the IBL file so I figured the table lights would be redundant (Also hoped that cutting down light sources would improve performance, but I don’t think it matters)

Awhile ago I got complaints that the default AO looks bad on the playfield at 4k, so now I try to incorporate high quality AO into the textures instead

TNT2
                        Participant
                          @tnt2

Ah. Interesting. Thanks.

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

The table lights are disabled. I made the IBL file so I figured the table lights would be redundant (Also hoped that cutting down light sources would improve performance, but I don’t think it matters) Awhile ago I got complaints that the default AO looks bad on the playfield at 4k, so now I try to incorporate high quality AO into the textures instead

fozz feel free to write up some kinda tutorial this “new to me” lighting technique , all the new table releases and updates… look so damn good man… I would love to understand it more…

nFozzy
                            Participant
                              @nfozzy

Just a small update

Version 1.31
                              Replaced a few light images with better quality ones
                              soundFX pass with new gain (LVL function should work better now)
                              Added animated scorecard (Press R in game to bring up the rules)

Made some basic, clean flasher renders to replace the crappy gradient ones I had before. Figured they’d make good common resources so here they are:

FlashQuad512.png (Grayscale 22.97 KB)

FlashAmbient512.png (Grayscale 16.74 KB)

7 users thanked author for this post.
                              Sven34
                              Participant
                                @sven34

Thank you guys, for New Version  :yes:

the_greeze
                                Participant
                                  @thegreeze

Thank you :)

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Thanks @nfozzy

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

RallyRally
                                    Participant
                                      @rallyrally

I normally set nudge strength to about 12(I play only desktop), but this just fires off all the tilt warnings. In your table, tiltswitch is set to a strange value of 14, and if I try to set it to the normal 50+ value, it messes things up. What did you do in the script that necessitates a tiltswitch setting of 14 and sensitivity of 0.25(normally 1)?

nFozzy
                                      Participant
                                        @nfozzy

Don’t mess with tiltswitch it’s just a switch number

vpmnudge.Sensitivity needs to come down, or maybe go up I don’t remember

RallyRally
                                        Participant
                                          @rallyrally

I can set tilt sensitivity to 50 and I still get a tilt warning for a nudge strength of 6. I tried version 1.1 and nudge strength of 12 works fine. Version 1.1 also feels faster, more responsive, and I can get to Stiff-o-Meter without even using nudge. Version 1.3.1 feels more sluggish, slings are weak, ball moves slower and generally feels laggy and more random(even with pf scatter set to 0). Guess I’ll stick with 1.1 where I can achieve 45M.

nFozzy
                                          Participant
                                            @nfozzy

Then lower sensitivity. I think the original idea was that external scripts would handle all nudging, but that didn’t happen. You typically see nudges called from both table scripts and external scripts at the same time, which usually doubles the default nudge power on every table regardless of settings. I used one, more powerful nudge instead, but it’s just the external nudge script, (the one that actually operates the tilt bob) so it will need different sensitivity values.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 199 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?