Scared Stiff (Bally 1996)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    RallyRally
    Participant
      @rallyrally

Tried .1, .01 and .000000001 and I get immediate tilt. No, this version has too much slow code interfering with gameplay on my XP SP3 machine. I’m sticking with version 1.1. Your new flashers looked nice during multiball though!

nFozzy
      Participant
        @nfozzy

That sucks, didn’t know nudge strength affects the tiltbob like that. I’ll look into it more later.

For now you can try this alternate script (just nuke the table script and it all with this)

https://pastebin.com/GTBx5m3B

nFozzy
        Participant
          @nfozzy

That sucks, didn’t know nudge strength affects the tiltbob like that. I’ll look into it more later.

For now you can try this alternate script (just nuke the table script and replace

it all with this)

https://pastebin.com/GTBx5m3B

Bullwinkle55
          Participant
            @bullwinkle55

Another great release nFozzy, thanks very much.

Campa
            Participant
              @campa

Nfozzy i have a problem with this table!!! I push star and table closes with this error

scared

What’s wrong???? :unsure:

Attachments:
              nFozzy
              Participant
                @nfozzy

vp10.4 added extra arguments to PlaySound for some new 3d surround sound stuff. You need 10.4

Lovehammer
                Participant
                  @lovehammer

Great table, thanks very much to the authors for their hard work. I’m running addressable LED strips through a Teensy and this table throws up a DOF error so I don’t get any of the lovely lights. God help me, I need the lights.

DOF works on all my other tables, and I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with this one for weeks.

I’m running VPX 10.5 Beta, and like I say, other tables are all working fine. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I’d appreciate some help. The error is copy-pasted below.

System.Exception: DirectOutput framework has encountered a exception during setup.
                  Inner exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. —> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  at DirectOutput.LedControl.Setup.Configurator.SetupTable(Table Table, Dictionary2 TableConfigDict, Dictionary2 ToyAssignments, String IniFilePath)
                  at DirectOutput.LedControl.Setup.Configurator.Setup(LedControlConfigList LedControlConfigList, Table Table, Cabinet Cabinet, String RomName)
                  at DirectOutput.Pinball.Setup(String GlobalConfigFilename, String TableFilename, String RomName)
                  — End of inner exception stack trace —
                  at DirectOutput.Pinball.Setup(String GlobalConfigFilename, String TableFilename, String RomName)
                  at B2SServerPlugin.Plugin.PluginInit(String TableFilename, String RomName)
                  at B2S.Plugin.PluginInit(String TableFilename, String RomName)

Cheers.

Micronaut
                  Participant
                    @micronaut

awesome table, :good:

mcronin
                    Participant
                      @mcronin

Hey guys.  I’m running this amazing table on a 3 screen cab.  I have the working backglass so I’m trying to figure out how to disable the spider wheel which appears on the playfield.  Someone mentioned earlier that it’s in the script somewhere (which I’m sure it is) but I’m not very versed in scripting.  Is there a simple way to disable this function by deleting a line, commenting something out or setting a particular value?

xenonph
                      Participant
                        @xenonph
                        MemberContributor

Sounds like you are running version 1.2

You can either download the latest version 1.31 which fixes the Single Screen Fullscreen support.

Or you can modify the script…

Version 1.2 is set to Single Screen FS by default.

Open the table script and go to line 29 and change the 1 to 0

const SingleScreenFS = 1

to

const SingleScreenFS = 0

This will get rid of your playfield spiderwheel.

Be sure to save table after making changes to script.

capture344_t.png

Hope this helps you.

mcronin
                        Participant
                          @mcronin

Thanks a bunch.  It was right there in front of me.  Duh.

RYSr (Rich)
                          Participant
                            @rysr

Getting an error on line 1 ” object is not a collection” on new 1.4 version of table

Running latest 10.5 beta

nFozzy
                            Participant
                              @nfozzy

Posting this here first for feedback. There’s been a lot of DOF bug reports or missing features. I fixed some sound effect ones but I’m at a loss about how to fix/improve the GI and Spider related DOF calls. The two script callbacks for DOF are named “GIupdates” and “UpdateWheel” if someone wants to take a crack at it. A couple of extra visual upgrades may be coming (level mesh, new ramp visuals).

Version 1.4

Added a Fastflips hack. Works by switching seamlessly between Rom and Direct-Controlled flippers.
                              Flash caps have been redesigned to play better with vp10.5’s screen-space reflections
                              Ramp collision meshes have been improved for accuracy -also the upper sling area.
                              New physics featuring a redesigned Polarity flipper script (Can be disabled at the top of the script)
                              Optional floating text scores (See options)
                              New cabinet mesh with siderails, speaker panel, and backglass (nonfunctional atm, no FSS)
                              Cleaned up the script with a few improvements along the way –
                              – Better ball rolling SFX script
                              – Boogieman animations have been improved a bit
                              – Added a keyboard nudge script

9 users thanked author for this post.
                              rothbauerw
                                @rothbauerw
                                ModeratorContributorMembervip

Another physics masterpiece.  NFozzy’s tables play with a difficulty more similar to real machines than any other.  Feels so natural too.

What would be the best way to tone down the flashers a little?  Specifically the red.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw

Nevermind, I found the flasher object off the side of the table.

bord
                                    @bord
                                    MembervipContributorModerator

Another physics masterpiece. NFozzy’s tables play with a difficulty more similar to real machines than any other. Feels so natural too.

100% agree.

nFozzy
                                    Participant
                                      @nfozzy

Nevermind, I found the flasher object off the side of the table.

You can safely delete the red transmit lamps on layer 8 too. They weren’t supposed to be active and they’re making the ramps glow too much right now.

Getting an error on line 1 ” object is not a collection” on new 1.4 version of table

Running latest 10.5 beta

Is anyone else getting this? Could this be a DOF thing?

rothbauerw
                                        @rothbauerw

I’m still on 10.4 on my cab.  Working fine there.

arconovum
                                        Participant
                                          @nicholaschristopher
                                          MemberContributor

No FSS in v1.4, not yet anyway..

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

One of the top tables just got a makeover. Looking forward to play it tonight. Thank you.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 199 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?