Screen Mode parameters explained

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gromit
    Participant
      @gromit

I’ve been having some difficulties stabilizing the PinUp System. I have run into problems when I cycle through the tables too quickly. This usually turns into an unstable system – videos not showing, breaking up, slowing to a crawl, etc… The solution to that is going slower through the tables… However, after tinkering with the screen modes, I have lost the backglass videos (just showed default PinupPopper screen), but it returned after changing screen mode… or now the wheelbar flashes on/off when trying to scroll through tables, haven’t solved that one yet…

What I would like clarification on, is what do the different screen modes do. I am talking ForcePop, ForceBack, Show, and Javascript. Which screens need what set? Also, what are the default values in PinUp Player for a system that utilizes Playfield, Backglass, DMD and Topper… regarding the parameters Show Always, Show PopUp (Hide paused) and Off.

Thanks!

Iain
      Participant
        @iain1986

Have you cycled through all your games at least once?

The wheel icons are generated the first time a wheel is displayed, this takes *some* time and can result in the system lagging, and if you hold the input down it can cause instability. The wheel images only need to be generated once, so you need to cycle through your tables one at a time to allow all thumbnails to be generated, this should then result in smooth transitions.

You shouldn’t have needed to touch any of those ForcePop, Show etc…I’m not at my cabinet so can’t tell you what the defaults where for you to reset them at the moment.

Gromit
        Participant
          @gromit

Unfortunately I like to tinker a bit… I set the Playfield to ForcePop, which seems to be bringing it to the front… the playfield must have been putting itself in front of the wheelbar… setting it to ForceBack brought back the wheelbar and icons. I thought it would be nice to actually know what the diferent parameters do, in case we change one or two to try something different.

Thanks Iain!

Gromit
          Participant
            @gromit

Ok… spoke too soon… When starting PinupMenu, I see the default system backglasses. However, if I choose Visual Pinball X (for example), none of the backglasses will display. I get the default PinUp Popper one. I changed backglass to ForcePop and Forceback – neither will display them. It worked earlier, so there is no problem with the vids or their location. What am I doing wrong?

Nupsi
            Participant
              @nupsi

I would also like to know what “ForcePop, ForceBack, Show, Show Always, Show PopUp” etc. means? I´ve found no explanation anywhere. I think I remember that Terry mentioned these modes in one of his vids but also did not explained them.

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

I recommend only installing PinUP System like I show in my setup videos, or you’re in for some frustration…

ForcePop = Video will “Pop” on the screen and play, then the player window will go away. Force means it will occur no matter what.

ForceBack = The player window will be forced “back”, or “behind” other player windows.

Show = Player window will show, but may not display over other windows.

Show Always = Player window will always be visible.

Show PopUp = Video will “Pop” on the screen and play, then the player window will go away.

On top of this, there are other layering factors that are taken into consideration in terms of which screen is “visible”.

Don’t “tinker” with Popper’s “correct” default setup…..please.  :)

Gromit
                Participant
                  @gromit

Thanks Terry… maybe a “Load Defaults” button for people who can’t stop fiddling… Lol.. lesson learned!

DJRobX
                    @djrobx
                    MemberModerator

I’ve been having some difficulties stabilizing the PinUp System. I have run into problems when I cycle through the tables too quickly. This usually turns into an unstable system – videos not showing, breaking up, slowing to a crawl, etc… The solution to that is going slower through the tables…

I had a problem like that, and it was the result of Popper encountering bad media files.

VLC seems to leak memory and behave badly when it encounters incorrectly formatted / corrupted files.

Nupsi
                    Participant
                      @nupsi

Thanks for the clarification, Terry! Is there a way to stop or interrupt a video without starting a new one?

TerryRed
                        @terryred
                        MemberContributorModerator

Thanks for the clarification, Terry! Is there a way to stop or interrupt a video without starting a new one?

In Popper, no.

In a PuP-Pack for PinUP Player, you can use StopFile or StopPlayer to stop a video in the PlayAction function.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?