Sea Ray (Bally 1971)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/sea-ray-bally-1971/

Sea Ray is an underwater themed two player Bally table from the early 70’s.  It features a zig-zag lane for triggering various bonuses, a side bonus scoring lane and some center and side drain inducing mushrooms that sit just above the flippers.

This zip file includes the VP 10.5 table, a B2S backglass and a wheel image for your frontend.  All the artwork for the table, plastics and backglass were hand-drawn by me in Inkscape. Bord did a great job in creating primitives as well as lighting masks in Blender.  Thanks also to kds70 for beta testing the table.

Enjoy!

Scottacus

Scottacus
      Participant
        @scottacus
        MembervipContributor

I forgot to mention that this table has an option menu that can be accessed in standby mode by holding down the left flipper button.  In this menu you can select 3 or 5 balls, replay or extra-ball modes, ball shadows on/off, free or coin play and chime unit on/off.  The chime unit setting is just for those who have an actual chime unit installed on their cab.  This will allow you to use full DOF with or without the chime.  I put this in there for night time play since my chime unit is so loud it can be heard through the floor…

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

This will allow you to use full DOF with or without the chime. I put this in there for night time play since my chime unit is so loud it can be heard through the floor…

Haha. That would be my house, too.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Have I mentioned I like chimes!?

Thanks for yet another true classic pinball for my cab.  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you very much Scott with helpers for this wonderful table. I really like the physics update to Capersville and this table. Good stuff !

kds70
              Participant
                @kds70

Thanks for this EM´s – first capersville and now this table. They went to my alltime favourite EM list  :good:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Ben Logan2
                Participant
                  @benlogan2

Super nice looking, Scottacus!

Just read this: “All the artwork for the table, plastics and backglass were hand-drawn by me in Inkscape”

Wow — came out great.

Ben Logan2
                  Participant
                    @benlogan2

Thanks to Bord, too! You guys are Bally gurus.

Drybonz
                    Participant
                      @drybonz

Looks great.  I love Bally tables.  Thanks.

Scottacus
                      Participant
                        @scottacus
                        MembervipContributor

It’s funny the things you miss after working on a project for a couple of months.  I flipped open my laptop this morning and was looking at the tables on the forum main page as they flip from one to another.  I was looking at Sea Ray and I thought “no that can’t be” so I opened up the download page and the rubber and posts just under the rubber wheel were out there flying in the breeze with no plastic over them.  Arg!

Redrew the plastic in inkscape and remade the playfield plastic and its acylic overlay in vp to project it on so not it looks right.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

LOL. Happy to hear it is not only me that make that kind of mistakes. Doesn’t help how long you stare. Only by taking a break or letting someone else having a look helps.

Thanks for the update though – didn’t have time to play it yesterday.

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

you guys killed it!!… awesome

Micronaut
                            Participant
                              @micronaut

excellent,very nice table

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Fixed screenshot “set as thumbnail” so it shows larger and that puts it on front page. GREAT table i need to get this on cab over weekend just playing on desktop since release.

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

found one thing…. the top lane guides are to low and the posts are popping out the top….
                                  set the lane guides to Z = 37       and copy a screw from the rubber wheel set it to Z = 53

MSW

Attachments:
                                  1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Slydog43
                                  Participant
                                    @slydog43

I kinda hate when others say what I’m about to say, but I was playing this and capersville last night (both great tables) and kept thinking I wish we had a 4-million BC game that looked and played this good.  Hopefully someday.   Great job on these tables

Scottacus
                                    Participant
                                      @scottacus
                                      MembervipContributor

That would be a great table to make, the problem is the artwork.  For example, there were no scans that I could find of this table so I found a guy who had the machine and asked him take overlapping photos of the playfield and plastics.  I’m not a graphics guru like Haunt so it took me a very long time to hand draw the art for this table in vector format from the stitched together photos.  I like pointy people art for two reasons, I think it looks great and it’s easy to draw.  I’m pretty sure that 4 Million BC is out of my league.  I’d love to make it if I could find the art!

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

Quite a while back I had started a redraw for 4 million BC (I think that was the one… with the cave men, dinosaur and zipper flippers)… but realized just after I had started that the available resources were too bad to even accurately draw.    :-(

Scottacus
                                        Participant
                                          @scottacus
                                          MembervipContributor

There is a really cool looking Bally table that I’d like to do that would not be too bad to hand draw called “The Wiggler.”  If anyone has any info on the game I’d love to hear about it.  I started a link about it here  http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/the-wiggler-bally-1967/

Mark70
                                          Participant
                                            @mark70

Thanks for another great table, and for sharing your work.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?